Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gilfriend Getting Unexplained Scratches

crome

So my girlfriend has been getting these unexplained scratches on her body since we started dating. It's happened three times; twice on her neck, and more recently on her left shoulder. We notice the scratches appear after every time we have sex. At first we thought I had caused the scratches in the moment of passion without realizing it, but the scratches are pretty serious and we both probably would have noticed if that were the case. We find it odd that they appear every time we have sex. My girlfriend's came up with the outrageous theory that a 'dead ex-girlfriend' who loved me has come back in spirit form to hurt my current girlfriend. I do not believe I have any deceased ex-girlfriends...

Last time we had sex, I mentioned to my girlfriend that it felt like we were being watched. I heard footsteps. I hadn't thought anything of the scratches she said she had been getting (two previous times on her neck) until after we had sex she showed me scratches on her shoulder. I did not touch her shoulder. I did not notice the scratches before or while we were having sex, yet later they appeared.

Here's a pic of the scratches on her shoulder:

scratchesr.jpg

Now, my girlfriend has confessed to me that she 'worships' La Santa Muerte or 'The Holy Death'. The 'saint' is thought by some to be a demon in disguise, as it is not approved by the Catholic church. I'm worried that somehow my girlfriend is the one who has brought the wrong entities onto herself.

It looks like gua sha to me . Even the TAPS guys get raised scratches .

She could of brought it on herself by her worship of La Santa Muerte or she could be doing it to herself when you aren't around. Do you see them immediately before she has any time to herself? I would rule that out first before I started thinking spirits.

i dont think they are scratches but burst blood vessels, where forced has been pressed on them. i used to get the same from having too heavy a rucksack. do you have iron railings at the head of your bed,?

Edited by Armchair Educated
  • Like 2

http://julia-mindovermatter.blogspot.com/2010/11/poetry-train-monday-179-no-pain-no-gain.html

It's gua sha ,also called coining . It was self inflicted ,or inflicted by someone else,in a pretty pattern .Very easy to do .

It's usually called coining in Vietnam .

http://huynhwinsituation.wordpress.com/2008/11/23/insert-deep-and-concise-doogie-howser-journal-entry-about-remembering-your-youth/

Very,eeaasssyyy to do .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I've never seen anything as vivid as that on myself, but I have all sorts of weird and wonderful scratches that I have self-inflicted during REM sleep and/or using my uncut finger and toenails to scratch myself. Sometimes family members are quite weirded out by the ugly red scratches they see on my back and shoulders and back of my legs, until I explain that it's nothing to worry about, just a combination of vivid dreaming mind and a body that won't stay still during dreaming sleep.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

I seriously doubt it's 'gua sha'. Unless she accidentally "gua sha'd".

i dont think they are scratches but burst blood vessels, where forced has been pressed on them. i used to get the same from having too heavy a rucksack. do you have iron railings at the head of your bed,?

We had sex in the car and a hotel the first two times, when she got the scratches on her neck. We had sex in my car when she got the scratches on her shoulder. [TMI?]

She could of brought it on herself by her worship of La Santa Muerte or she could be doing it to herself when you aren't around. Do you see them immediately before she has any time to herself? I would rule that out first before I started thinking spirits.

I'm going to follow your advice and keep an eye out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So my girlfriend has been getting these unexplained scratches on her body since we started dating. It's happened three times; twice on her neck, and more recently on her left shoulder. We notice the scratches appear after every time we have sex. At first we thought I had caused the scratches in the moment of passion without realizing it, but the scratches are pretty serious and we both probably would have noticed if that were the case. We find it odd that they appear every time we have sex. My girlfriend's came up with the outrageous theory that a 'dead ex-girlfriend' who loved me has come back in spirit form to hurt my current girlfriend. I do not believe I have any deceased ex-girlfriends...

Last time we had sex, I mentioned to my girlfriend that it felt like we were being watched. I heard footsteps. I hadn't thought anything of the scratches she said she had been getting (two previous times on her neck) until after we had sex she showed me scratches on her shoulder. I did not touch her shoulder. I did not notice the scratches before or while we were having sex, yet later they appeared.

Here's a pic of the scratches on her shoulder:

scratchesr.jpg

Now, my girlfriend has confessed to me that she 'worships' La Santa Muerte or 'The Holy Death'. The 'saint' is thought by some to be a demon in disguise, as it is not approved by the Catholic church. I'm worried that somehow my girlfriend is the one who has brought the wrong entities onto herself.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but these don't seem to be scratches. Scratches generally aren't this uniform and they tend to taper off getting thinner at one end. These look like pressure marks where she was probably held against a rigid surface, I'm guessing a metal pole, maybe the door column in your car, or your headboard at home. If they fade after a few hours with no visible break in the skin then this is likely the cause. It just means her skin is sensitive and was rubbed a little too hard on something. As I said, though, it's hard to be sure from this picture.

I was thinking the same, they look like pressure marks, not scratches. Note, they're both the same width, and that is about the same width as her bra strap...lay down for hours at a time on a not so soft surface (or many hours on a soft surface) and those marks will be replicated. I'm not sure what caused the curved mark between them, though...looks like a high pressure abrasion.

• Like 1

That is just what I thought. I generally have quite sensetive skin and get marks like this and I don't even notice getting them. Generally they dissapear a lot quicker than a scratch would and they are not raised like a scratch. How long until they go?

From the picture..It looks like these scratches were caused by her bra strap.You can see the indentation of the strap. About La Santa Muerte...I have read online about this and definitely not something i would reccomend worshiping!! This saint expects payment in return!! I would reccomend St. Benedict for her.St. Benedict protects from evil .

Be easy on taking her bra strap down mate, Not so rough

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Update on this (11/18/2013):

You guys had very good explanations; I agree, they were probably pressure marks, and yes, I can see the bra strap outline. She hasn't gotten these since probably we haven't had car sex since then. Though, she's also stopped worshipping the santa muerte since; and her mother, also a former worshipper, has converted to Christianity and blessed their home.

So scratches are gone and haven't reappeared. Although, today we had another paranormal experience I'll shed light on in a different thread.

Just wanted to thank you guys for the awesome help!

This is man made....... since conscious energies don't have physical matter. All a person would get is energy burns that usually go away in a few hours. Since you mentioned sex. I would advise you watch orgasm because it sounds like just sexual activity and overzealous physical scratching.

My girlfriend had unexplained scratches too, She swore she had no clue they just"appeared". Well they were definitely explained when i caught her with the neighbor...Just joking, well it really happend but not pertinent.Srry. Needless to say ExGirlfriend now...

Edited by Controller Junkie