Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WH Posts Vids of kids begging for gun control

tapirmusic

"After trotting out young children as the backdrop for his gun control rollout yesterday, the White House released videos today of young children reading anti-gun letters to the camera. “No guns, no guns, no guns, no guns!” pleads one little girl, Hinnah. “My opinion is it should be very hard for people to buy guns,” says little Julia. “It’s a free country, but I recommend there needs to be a limit with guns,” says little Grant. “I thought I would write to you to stop gun violence,” reads little Taejah.

It was already despicable for Obama to exploit children as a backdrop for his political posturing, implying that his opposition on useless gun control laws somehow cares less about children. Now he’s taken the next step, trotting children out as spokespeople for his agenda."

Is the WH now suggesting that children should make policy or drive policy decisions? I bet most children think that Christmas should come once a month, candy should be free, movies should be free, games should be free, etc.

I think there is a reason why you have to be 18+ to vote.

:) Nope. No such order or law has been passed.

Nibs

Well then why are some getting paranoid over it? Not you but others are getting too paranoid I for one cannot see any of you loosing your guns ( I think you can agree with that too ) .. I doubt Obama would ever make such a decision .. It would ruin his career .......Actually it would ruin any politicians career and do a lot of damage to society ..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

If anything, it's very unfair to the kids. Kids that age are easily influenced and don't realize that what they are doing now will be with them for the rest of their lives. They're being used as pawns and have no idea of that.

In other words:

tumblr_l9ih17opWS1qc45nxo1_500.png

• Like 2

Well then why are some getting paranoid over it? I for one cannot see any of you loosing your guns ( I think you can agree with that too ) .. I doubt Obama would ever make such a decision .. It would ruin his career .......Actually it would ruin any politicians career and do a lot of damage to society ..

Proponent loons on each side are using the media to drive up fear of either "the government is taking all your guns and we will be Nazi germany" or "gun nuts are going to kill your kids if we don't get all the guns".

Both sides are wrong and neither of the extreme loons are willing to meet in the middle for reasonable discussion.

Nibs

• Like 1

I, for one, am NOT a sheeple. When the Obamabots come to take away my guns I wish them good luck. I will, however, be more than happy to share the few thousand rounds of ammo I have with them.

Where are you getting that idea from?

Proponent loons on each side are using the media to drive up fear of either "the government is taking all your guns and we will be Nazi germany" or "gun nuts are going to kill your kids if we don't get all the guns".

Both sides are wrong and neither of the extreme loons are willing to meet in the middle for reasonable discussion.

Nibs

Loons is the right word to describe them.. Someone should toss them a brain cell and tell them to put it into action before they mouth off ..

Nibs

Well, sometimes I have the feeling that there is something like NS propaganda in the whole story, because the complaints we are hearing lately are those promulgated in the Turner Diaries including the clamor for revolution.

Is the WH now suggesting that children should make policy or drive policy decisions? I bet most children think that Christmas should come once a month, candy should be free, movies should be free, games should be free, etc.

I think there is a reason why you have to be 18+ to vote.

A kid said this --> “I thought I would write to you to stop gun violence,” reads little Taejah. Are you saying that the kid who said this should be silenced?

Kids were shot dead in their classroom for goodness sake, I say why not let kids have a voice.. If adults are willing to shoot kids, then like adults who suffer losses over gun violence, then so should kids have a voice..

When we went through tough times in N Ireland, a good number of little kids came on asking for the violence to stop.. ( gun violence by terrorists ) No one yapped their mouths off at that.. If a child can sit down and write a letter speaking up about gun violence, it shows they have more wit than some adults that cannot tell their as$ from their elbows ...

I would like to think that every law abiding citizen in the USA ( including those who carry their guns ) would agree with the kids - Please stop the gun violence... That does NOT mean take away your guns.. I don't know any sane person in their right minds who would want gun violence.. Unless you are totally screwed up and you haven't got the sense you were born with .

There are many US gun owners who feel they need protection and they use their guns for sport, hunting ect, they too would say no more violence ... But NONE of them should or will ever loose their guns.. and rightly so

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

A kid said this --> “I thought I would write to you to stop gun violence,” reads little Taejah. Are you saying that the kid who said this should be silenced?

Kids were shot dead in their classroom for goodness sake, I say why not let kids have a voice.. If adults are willing to shoot kids, then like adults who suffer losses over gun violence, then so should kids have a voice..

When we went through tough times in N Ireland, a good number of little kids came on asking for the violence to stop.. ( gun violence by terrorists ) No one yapped their mouths off at that.. If a child can sit down and write a letter speaking up about gun violence, it shows they have more wit than some adults that cannot tell their as$ from their elbows ...

I would like to think that every law abiding citizen in the USA ( including those who carry their guns ) would agree with the kids - Please stop the gun violence... That does NOT mean take away your guns.. I don't know any sane person in their right minds who would want gun violence.. Unless you are totally screwed up and you haven't got the sense you were born with .

There are many US gun owners who feel they need protection and they use their guns for sport, hunting ect, they too would say no more violence ... But NONE of them should or will ever loose their guns.. and rightly so

All the abrasive talk about loons and brain cell aside, an assault gun ban means taking away one's right to own assault guns. What is preventing us from being able to understand that? Your position boils down to: You don't have nor want an assault rifle, so what do you care? And since you don't care, nobody else with a "brain cell" should either! You have to deny the existence of assault rifles just to insult the people you disagree with.

If these federal bureaucrats want to convince America that they have a brain cell in their heads, they'd stop their violence. They'd stop having the highest violent crime rates in the country in their jurisdiction, Washington DC. Hypocrisy reigns and ignorance flourishes.

Bama13 is right, although it's worse than he says it is. It's not only most kids that want these things for "free", it's half the adults these days.

an assault gun ban means taking away one's right to own assault guns. What is preventing us from being able to understand that?

Reading comprehension FAIL.. My post was not about banning assault guns ... I was speaking about those wanting gun violence to end.. ( I highlighted it for a reason ) and yet when you read my post you go off on another ( and I mean another ) tangent of your own..

Learn to read the post you quote from me before you go off..I have told you this a couple times before .

All the abrasive talk about loons and brain cell aside

Yea sure, take note !!

Your position boils down to: You don't have nor want an assault rifle, so what do you care? And since you don't care, nobody else with a "brain cell" should either!

This is what I mean about your reading comprehension.. FAIL .. I never said anything about not caring You make things up and you go ahead and answer your own imagination ramblings lol

You have to deny the existence of assault rifles just to insult the people you disagree with.

I denied what now? And insulted who? Your imagination runs wild ...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Reading comprehension FAIL.. My post was not about banning assault guns ... I was speaking about those wanting gun violence to end.. ( I highlighted it for a reason ) and yet when you read my post you go off on another ( and I mean another ) tangent of your own..

Learn to read the post you quote from me before you go off..I have told you this a couple times before .

Yea sure, take note !!

This is what I mean about your reading comprehension.. FAIL .. I never said anything about not caring You make things up and you go ahead and answer your own imagination ramblings lol

I denied what now? And insulted who? Your imagination runs wild ...

Exactly, who did you insult? Who needs a brain cell tossed to them? You tell me, because I have no idea who you're insulting. Name some names so I can be convinced you know who you're talking about.

You weren't talking about those wanting gun violence to end or you wouldn't have thrown insults about "tossing them a brain cell". The kids may have been talking about wanting gun violence to end but they were also stating that they want the President to take away peoples' guns. If the President's administration is putting that statement on the whitehouse website from the mouth of a child no less, this is troubling.

Exactly, who did you insult? Who needs a brain cell tossed to them? You tell me, because I have no idea who you're insulting. Name some names so I can be convinced you know who you're talking about.

You weren't talking about those wanting gun violence to end or you wouldn't have thrown insults about "tossing them a brain cell". The kids may have been talking about wanting gun violence to end but they were also stating that they want the President to take away peoples' guns. If the President's administration is putting that statement on the whitehouse website from the mouth of a child no less, this is troubling.

She was talking about the loons who are taking everything to extremes and using bs and fear to try to get support.

Nibs

She was talking about the loons who are taking everything to extremes and using bs and fear to try to get support.

Nibs

Thank you Nibs..

Nibs

You both were talking about them. So I'll ask you the same question. Who are these loons? If we're going to start throwing accusations and insults at people, let's at least have some examples for who we're talking about.

You both were talking about them. So I'll ask you the same question. Who are these loons? If we're going to start throwing accusations and insults at people, let's at least have some examples for who we're talking about.

Here is how our conversation went.....

Nah never.. Only Obama and his party would ever do that..lol

I would like to know where exactly does it state that Obama has in fact confirmed that every last gun owner will have their guns taken from them?? I am asking because someone on the first page of this thread mentioned about how he will stop them from taking his guns away.. I thought why say that?? Was there actual news to say guns will go ?

:)Nope. No such order or law has been passed.

Nibs

Well then why are some getting paranoid over it? Not you but others are getting too paranoid I for one cannot see any of you loosing your guns ( I think you can agree with that too ) .. I doubt Obama would ever make such a decision .. It would ruin his career .......Actually it would ruin any politicians career and do a lot of damage to society ..

Nibs

Loons is the right word to describe them.. Someone should toss them a brain cell and tell them to put it into action before they mouth off ..

That is were the loons came in and what we are speaking of.. If you followed it properly first time, you would have noticed it..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Here is how our conversation went.....

That is were the loons came in and what we are speaking of.. If you followed it properly first time, you would have noticed it..

AGAIN, who the bloody hell is saying those things? So far I've got one person, the Straw Man.

AGAIN, who the bloody hell is saying those things?

You read this..

Nibs

It was highlighted and put in bright color for you ......And you STILL don't get it lol...

So far I've got one person, the Straw Man.

And you wear the poor bloke out every time lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom

You read this..

It was highlighted and put in bright color for you ......And you STILL don't get it lol...

And you wear the poor bloke out every time lol :P

I STILL don't get it alright. I still don't know who you're talking about. I haven't heard anyone use that kind of language. Honestly, if that's the problem with this discussion, I don't think you have the foggiest idea who you have a problem with. There are no people who lack brain cells and there are no loons. There are people with enormous differences over what they think the role of government ought to be. So long as we fight the tendency to centralize and federalize every single issue we have to deal with in society, there will still be a chance for both sides to get most of what they want.

I see you assigned the sound and logical middle ground for yourself, between these two straw extremes of nameless masses that you're throwing insults at, and so my question now becomes (that I now doubt will be answered): What do you propose we do about this issue? Talking about people is small-minded. Let's talk ideas.

I object to that. Here is my reason.... I live in a very rural location. The local police is probably 20+ minutes away if I phone call them. Or more. And then it is probably just a deputy sheriff. I need the ability to defend myself, my family, and my property.

Am I a loon for wanting a 30 round mag for my AR-15 ?

Or should I defend my kids with a single shot, bolt action .22LR ?

• Like 1

I've noticed those for gun control tend to live in the city where when they hear a gunshot its typically a negative. Those who are typically for no restrictions what so ever tend to be military or rural citizens who have experience around firearms and when a shot is fired usually it means a target or legal game has been shot. Which is a positive.

Ergo. Environment familiarity and education are the major determining factors in which people base their stance on.

Just observation.

• Like 2

Dude with that mentality you're going to be killed. No maybe about it. Not to mention you're willing to kill other Americans who are just doing their jobs.

I don't want to start an argument or develop bad blood with you so I want you to know I'm saying this with no intention of it being a dig at you. America is built on the Constitution. IF the time comes that they do try to disarm the American people those "Americans who are just doing their jobs" ie. the police, feds and/or the military will be the ones to do it. All of them have taken a sworn oath to defend and uphold the Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. If the decide to betray their oath and go against the Constitution then, as far as I'm concerned, they are no longer Americans. If they want my guns my answer to them is...Molon Labe!

• Like 2

I object to that. Here is my reason.... I live in a very rural location. The local police is probably 20+ minutes away if I phone call them. Or more. And then it is probably just a deputy sheriff. I need the ability to defend myself, my family, and my property.

Am I a loon for wanting a 30 round mag for my AR-15 ?

Or should I defend my kids with a single shot, bolt action .22LR ?

You have misread the conversation...

I'll show you exactly what myself and Nibs were discussing..

Nibs

That means those on both sides ( in general ) - Those for getting rid of the weapons AND those are are not in favour of getting rid of the weapons.. BOTH sides are using the media to pump fear with wild accusations to spread their deranged propaganda ..

That is what NIBS and myself meant by loons... In no way was it a statement about people being loons for wanting to protect themselves or their kids .I feel that is what has been misread here..

I hope that clears it up for you..

Nibs is right, when she says both sides are wrong... There is no official statement that says Obama has confirmed that all your guns will be taken from you or your rights for that matter.. And the loons out there that are pumping out statements saying things like the gun nuts are going to kill your children.. ALL of it is propaganda.. BOTH SIDES

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I agree with what you are saying. But, if a gun is just a tool, why can't I own (legally) a completely automatic m-16, with armor piercing rounds. What about one of those cool gatling guns that fire 1000's rounds per second?

I'm pretty sure you can with the right permits and enough F U money. Besides, who wouldn't love to be able to do this...

Or this...(no, not shoot cops but tear up a dozen cars like a bad ass terminator. Men can't say no.)

One thing is for sure. There's nothing loony about our 2nd Amendment, or not being in favor of giving up our guns.

We either stand up for the Constitution like our well-paid bureaucrats only swear to, or we will surely lose it. I don't have to see a total collapse in one year or even in my lifetime to feel passionate about this. This is also the country that I leave behind to my family after I'm gone. I will not sit idly by while people try to dominate the discussion by making it all about guns, whether they're loons, Presidents, foreigners, or Americans who can't seem to recognize the rights they're guaranteed by law. Our ancestors fought and died for our rights, let's stand together with one voice and defend them.

blogimages-hellokittyparts.jpg

• Like 2