Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WH Posts Vids of kids begging for gun control

tapirmusic

A gun isn't a tool, it is a weapon. They always have been and always will be. The debate can't go anywhere if you deny such a basic and crucial fact.

In this instance the children are the tools and weapons...

• Like 1

I don't want to start an argument or develop bad blood with you so I want you to know I'm saying this with no intention of it being a dig at you. America is built on the Constitution. IF the time comes that they do try to disarm the American people those "Americans who are just doing their jobs" ie. the police, feds and/or the military will be the ones to do it. All of them have taken a sworn oath to defend and uphold the Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. If the decide to betray their oath and go against the Constitution then, as far as I'm concerned, they are no longer Americans. If they want my guns my answer to them is...Molon Labe!

It seems to me that if a majority of Americans want gun control, the minority will consider them and those who enforce their laws to be domestic enemies.

A gun isn't a tool, it is a weapon. They always have been and always will be. The debate can't go anywhere if you deny such a basic and crucial fact.

A gun can be used as a tool for releasing stress. There are many individuals who shoot targets only and do not hunt.

I object to that. Here is my reason.... I live in a very rural location. The local police is probably 20+ minutes away if I phone call them. Or more. And then it is probably just a deputy sheriff. I need the ability to defend myself, my family, and my property.

Am I a loon for wanting a 30 round mag for my AR-15 ?

Or should I defend my kids with a single shot, bolt action .22LR ?

I what ghetto do you live that you need a gun to defend your children?

Old WWII propaganda poster:

602.jpg

I what ghetto do you live that you need a gun to defend your children?

That's not very nice. The cops are 20 minutes away if he had to. Better safe than sorry. What ghetto would be in a very rural area?

• Like 1

That's not very nice. The cops are 20 minutes away if he had to. Better safe than sorry. What ghetto would be in a very rural area?

Well, I grew up in a rural area, and I can't remember anybody ever needing a gun except to hunt or shoot some varmint. The biggest safety worry for the kids was to not drown in the river or get a bloody nose in a schoolyard brawl.

• Like 1

Well, I grew up in a rural area, and I can't remember anybody ever needing a gun except to hunt or shoot some varmint. The biggest safety worry for the kids was to not drown in the river or get a bloody nose in a schoolyard brawl.

Apparently you haven't paid much attention to 8/10 horror movies. They almost all take place out in the cut.

Apparently you haven't paid much attention to 8/10 horror movies. They almost all take place out in the cut.

Well, I have long since stopped believing in Hollywood, Santa Claus and the Toothfaerie. I prefer reality, and reality is that less than 0.001% of the crime (other than family brawls and spouse shooting) happens outside cities.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

Well, I have long since stopped believing in Hollywood, Santa Claus and the Toothfaerie. I prefer reality, and reality is that less than 0.001% of the crime (other than family brawls and spouse shooting) happens outside cities.

Domo arigato Mr. Roboto. I was being humorous. Don't be so lifeless all the time.

So keep your brilliant ideas in the cities where they belong, and stop relying on massive hypocrites and their giant guns from Washington DC to tell the rural country how to live.

So keep your brilliant ideas in the cities where they belong, and stop relying on massive hypocrites and their giant guns from Washington DC to tell the rural country how to live.

It is not like in this discussion town people are trying to impose their gun mania on the country folk, seems quite the other way around. And funnily they are using arguments that only are valid in towns.

It is not like in this discussion town people are trying to impose their gun mania on the country folk, seems quite the other way around. And funnily they are using arguments that only are valid in towns.

Funnily, I don't care. I care about the crime. Let's apply our liberal band aids to where 99.9% of the crime occurs before we revel in rhetorically bashing people we don't politically agree with.

Funnily, I don't care. I care about the crime. Let's apply our liberal band aids to where 99.9% of the crime occurs before we revel in rhetorically bashing people we don't politically agree with.

At least 50% of those crimes happen because gun owners are incapable of controlling them, falling into the hands of criminals.

If the majority of gun owners would show the minimal shed of responsibility (instead of: "It is my right to have a gun and I don't care who gets hurt") we would not need to have this discussion.

• Like 1

At least 50% of those crimes happen because gun owners are incapable of controlling them, falling into the hands of criminals.

If the majority of gun owners would show the minimal shed of responsibility (instead of: "It is my right to have a gun and I don't care who gets hurt") we would not need to have this discussion.

"The majority of gun owners"? You don't have a minimal shred of evidence for your dizzy daily BS.

This is why you need to stay in Australia, because your comments and opinions about America and the idiots behind gun control mean nothing to us.

• Like 1

Theres a reason you have to be 18 to vote.

This is why you need to stay in Australia, because your comments and opinions about America and the idiots behind gun control mean nothing to us.

And yet it peeks your attention..How quaint.. If a persons comments mean nothing to you.. Shot in the dark here ( pardon the pun ) then ignore it? Everyone owns a right to post their opinions, once you knock the chip off your shoulder, you may see that..

And yet it peeks your attention..How quaint.. If a persons comments mean nothing to you.. Shot in the dark here ( pardon the pun ) then ignore it? Everyone owns a right to post their opinions, once you knock the chip off your shoulder, you may see that..

You're right but what fun is ignoring people. These discussions would be pretty short and boring if we just ignored everything we don't like.

Some times a third party perspective on our laws can be good. They can show us how silly we are being.

In the case of someone who's from a third party, like Piers Morgan, it's different because they try to influence opinion.

I don't think it's grotesque for someone from Australia to comment on the situation in America.

Who knows? They might come up with ideas to help gun owners?

In the end they don't live here, this is true, but they still have an opinion and a right to share it.

• Like 2

You're right but what fun is ignoring people. These discussions would be pretty short and boring if we just ignored everything we don't like.

As you clicked like ( as if to agree ) on the arrogant comment above, that tells an Australian that his comments mean nothing to you guys.......But now you are telling me that there is no fun in ignoring the comments you find that mean nothing.. This now begs the question - It leaves you to do what? Fight with them? Argue non stop until you are blue in the face? Or Be pleasant and discuss it like adults ? .... Seriously what is left IF you find it boring to ignore meaningless comments ? I am asking you this because I have no idea what logic you have for answering what you class as meaningless comments ? I am not trying to pick anything with you, but I am seriously asking you what logic you have with that?

One last question - Can you say that Americans ( including those on here ) never make comments ( opinions of their own ) on articles and situations in ref to other world wide countries? Whether it be politics, religion and other cultural issues ?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I don't think it's grotesque for someone from Australia to comment on the situation in America.

Who knows? They might come up with ideas to help gun owners?

In the end they don't live here, this is true, but they still have an opinion and a right to share it.

So very straight forward and true .. This forum was built in Scotland and is set up for world wide opinions .. ( the more the merrier ) It is open for ALL not just a private section for Americans, British and Australians only.. It's for all, including muppets like me lol

Americans own the rights to post opinions on other world current affairs, just like everyone else.. I find it arrogant to single people out..There is something not right with that line of thinking when you single people out and tell them their opinions mean nothing

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

So very straight forward and true .. This forum was built in Scotland and is set up for world wide opinions .. ( the more the merrier ) It is open for ALL not just a private section for Americans,, British and Australians only.. It's for all, including muppets like me lol

Americans own the rights to post opinions on other world current affairs, just like everyone else.. I find it arrogant to single people out..There is something not right with that line of thinking when you single people out and tell them their opinions mean nothing

Exactly.

America, as much as there is discussion in these forums, is not the center of the world.

I may not agree with some opinions expressed about gun control - from people here or from people elsewhere..

But in no way would I endorse singling them out because they aren't American.

• Like 1

Exactly.

America, as much as there is discussion in these forums, is not the center of the world.

I know, because the centre of the world is at my sisters house.. sigh lol :P

.I may not agree with some opinions expressed about gun control - from people here or from people elsewhere..

I actually agree with both sides ( weird but true ) .. I feel they own a right to bare arms.. but I agree with those wanting gun control laws looked at. What I mean is - In no way means ban guns or take guns away.. It means ( in my view ) tightening up future guns laws.. To be honest, there is no real answer to solve the problem ..I think Obama was and most likely still is under a lot of pressure over this

But in no way would I endorse singling them out because they aren't American.

Neither would I .

Edited by Beckys_Mom

As you clicked like ( as if to agree ) on the arrogant comment above, that tells an Australian that his comments mean nothing to you guys.......But now you are telling me that there is no fun in ignoring the comments you find that mean nothing.. This now begs the question - It leaves you to do what? Fight with them? Argue non stop until you are blue in the face? Or Be pleasant and discuss it like adults ? .... Seriously what is left IF you find it boring to ignore meaningless comments ? I am asking you this because I have no idea what logic you have for answering what you class as meaningless comments ? I am not trying to pick anything with you, but I am seriously asking you what logic you have with that?

One last question - Can you say that Americans ( including those on here ) never make comments ( opinions of their own ) on articles and situations in ref to other world wide countries? Whether it be politics, religion and other cultural issues ?

I don't have time to answer. Multiquote this so I don't forget and I'll get back to later on tomorrow! K? Thanks.