Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WH Posts Vids of kids begging for gun control

tapirmusic

Well, I grew up in a rural area, and I can't remember anybody ever needing a gun except to hunt or shoot some varmint. The biggest safety worry for the kids was to not drown in the river or get a bloody nose in a schoolyard brawl.

Luckily for us here in America, we have a Bill of Rights. Not a Bill of Needs. Or Wants. I was born with this right and shouldn't ever have to explain why. Do you ask why Rosa Parks " Needed " to sit in the front of that bus ?

But in my personal situation, Like I have stated I live in a very rural location. If a car load of " Smash-and-Grab" burglars start busting down my door, it's my God given right as an American to have the right to defend myself, family, and property. And if it takes a 30 rounds, 50 rounds, or 100 rounds.... It shouldn't matter.

Will that ever happen ?? I surely hope not.

Is it possible ? Yes.

But I will NOT EVER give up my rights granted to me under the 2nd Amendment.

( And I apologize Beckys Mom. I misunderstood your previous posts. Thank you for clarifying your position )

• Like 2

I wish our children stop be exploited by politicians to further along their agendas. This is sickening and borderline creepy, the parallels to Stalin and Hitler is unreal.

• Like 1

I don't have time to answer. Multiquote this so I don't forget and I'll get back to later on tomorrow! K? Thanks.

By all means please continue when you are ready

As you clicked like ( as if to agree ) on the arrogant comment above, that tells an Australian that his comments mean nothing to you guys.......But now you are telling me that there is no fun in ignoring the comments you find that mean nothing.. This now begs the question - It leaves you to do what? Fight with them? Argue non stop until you are blue in the face? Or Be pleasant and discuss it like adults ? .... Seriously what is left IF you find it boring to ignore meaningless comments ? I am asking you this because I have no idea what logic you have for answering what you class as meaningless comments ? I am not trying to pick anything with you, but I am seriously asking you what logic you have with that?

One last question - Can you say that Americans ( including those on here ) never make comments ( opinions of their own ) on articles and situations in ref to other world wide countries? Whether it be politics, religion and other cultural issues ?

It leaves me to take a stand, stick up for my country, myself and my rights. In the grand scheme I don't really think certain comments have any meaning or influence I should say but I am human and sometimes we humans just can't leave well enough alone. Sue me if you must. Some comments need to be pointed out though if for nothing more than what my first sentence says. It's principle.

It seems more often than not "outsiders" if you will aren't offering up solutions or friendly debates or an attempt to understand so much as they are here to demand we be like them, tell us how to act or belittle and exaggerate the things going on here that they really don't have the slightest perspective or understanding of in the first place.

As for your last question, of course I couldn't say that. Can you honestly say that when an American wants to but into the affairs of a foreign land that the people really want us to or care what we think when they're adamant about a certain way of life? Of course you can't. That's also human nature and patriotism and there is definitely no shortage of either on this soil. As for myself, I really don't meddle all too much in foreign affairs. Search all my posts if you like. I rarely stray from the US and US politics forums. I've dabbled in a few European dedicated threads and if I remember correctly I was told to mind my own business about something and that's should stick with where my opinion matters.

Maybe meaningless isn't exactly the right word but sometimes it's hard not to tell some people to mind there own business. So there you have it my foreign friend.

• Like 1

It leaves me to take a stand, stick up for my country, myself and my rights. In the grand scheme I don't really think certain comments have any meaning or influence I should say but I am human and sometimes we humans just can't leave well enough alone. Sue me if you must. Some comments need to be pointed out though if for nothing more than what my first sentence says. It's principle.

Who suggested on this board any of you should loose your rights? Even though my question is not about that..

It seems more often than not "outsiders" if you will aren't offering up solutions or friendly debates or an attempt to understand

As a whole including Americans, who can offer solutions ? For example, have you came up with any regarding the gun control issue? I think it is rather tough for any of you to find the right solution ..

as they are here to demand we be like them, tell us how to act

Who demanded you all be like them? Who told you guys how to act? I might have missed that.. What I saw was a bunch of opinions and people sharing what it is like in their country, I call that adding to the conversation..

Back to what I was asking you about, which was - Who has the right to tell anyone on a PUBLIC world wide forum, what they can and cannot post? There are better ways to tackle those who you feel are arrogant ..Don,t you think ?

What do the gun supporting American say to other fellow Americans who are in favour of gun control? If you don't like it, get out? That would be the most logical thing ? Is there only room in the USA for those who are on your side and only your side? ( I know you never suggested it, but I had to ask )

As for your last question, of course I couldn't say that

I know, because Americans own a right to post opinions on ANY given countries news article and current affairs.. What people tend to forget that, it is a public form and all opinions are welcome regardless of the topic.. Only arrogance suggests likewise.. This is my point

Can you honestly say that when an American wants to but into the affairs of a foreign land that the people really want us to or care what we think when they're adamant about a certain way of life? Of course you can't.

If anyone else did the exact same to an American, they too would be arrogant and would be in the wrong for doing so..

I was told to mind my own business about something and that's should stick with where my opinion matters.

Well I do not agree that you should have been told to mind your own business.. You are on a public forum, you have a right to your opinions like everyone else.. If I saw someone telling you to mind your own business, I would say something to them too, and point out their complete and utter arrogance .. I would be in the right to do so ..

Maybe meaningless isn't exactly the right word but sometimes it's hard not to tell some people to mind there own business.

On a public world wide forum, there is no logic in telling people they should not comment on a certain countries affairs with their opinions, no logic what so ever.. Only those that like to comment on what they class as meaningless, are usually those that like to fight and turn it all sour..( I said usually, that means in general not all )

So there you have it my foreign friend.

On a public forum filled with people from all over the planet, there are no foreigners .Just one big UM family lol.. What that means is.. we are not in your country to be known as foreigners we are ALL sitting at home.... If anything, you could class yourself as a foreigner, as the board is Scottish. lol..And there you have it, my American friend :D

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

On a public forum filled with people from all over the planet, there are no foreigners .Just one big UM family lol.. What that means is.. we are not in your country to be known as foreigners we are ALL sitting at home.... If anything, you could class yourself as a foreigner, as the board is Scottish. lol..And there you have it, my American friend :D

Well said. The one thing I do try to do when I am in the political section of a foreign nation making comments is I try to think before I post and then reread it before hitting enter. I dont want to be offensive to another countries political/social views.

When it comes to my own country I will speak my mind and say what I mean from the heart.

You are one of the people that generally adds to the conversation instead of inflames us. Carry on.

• Like 1

Well said. The one thing I do try to do when I am in the political section of a foreign nation making comments is I try to think before I post and then reread it before hitting enter. I dont want to be offensive to another countries political/social views.

When it comes to my own country I will speak my mind and say what I mean from the heart.

You are one of the people that generally adds to the conversation instead of inflames us. Carry on.

And you are just right to do that.. I tip my hat to anyone who takes a stand for their rights.. I admire people who stand up for what they believe in ...

We Irish are forever slagging off our own country for fun lol..But if I were in a conversation about some issue here in Ireland, and someone posted something I found was not right, I would say what I could to put them right, but I wouldn't tell them they shouldn't post, because I used up all my arrogance on other boards, I have ran out ..I am downloading arrogance 2.0 lol :P I kid on that but seriously it would be pointless me telling anyone that..

I can however understand the frustration of so many Americans facing debates on line over their gun issues.. I admire them for standing up for who they are and what they believe in .. I have never had anything against that..

Who suggested on this board any of you should loose your rights? Even though my question is not about that..

As a whole including Americans, who can offer solutions ? For example, have you came up with any regarding the gun control issue? I think it is rather tough for any of you to find the right solution ..

Why demanded you all be like them? Who told you guys how to act? I might have missed that.. What I saw was a bunch of opinions and people sharing what it is like in their country, I call that adding to the conversation..

Back to what I was asking you about, which was - Who has the right to tell anyone on a PUBLIC world wide forum, what they can and cannot post?

I know, because Americans own a right to post opinions on ANY given countries news article and current affairs.. What people tend to forget that, it is a public form and all opinions are welcome regardless of the topic.. Only arrogance suggests likewise.. This is my point

If anyone else did the exact same to an American, they too would be arrogant and would be in the wrong for doing so..

Well I do not agree that you should have been told to mind your own business.. You are on a public forum, you have a right to your opinions like everyone else.. If I saw someone telling you to mind your own business, I would say something to them too and point out their complete and utter arrogance .. I would be in the right to do so ..

On a public world wide forum, there is no logic in telling people they should not comment on a certain countries affairs with their opinions, no logic what so ever.. Only those that like to comment on what they class as meaningless, are usually those that like to fight and turn it all sour..

Ma'am, you're quite challenging and inquisitive. Your husband must have many gray hairs, lol. Anyhow, I don't know that I can explain myself more than I have. I never suggested that people from anywhere can't make any comments they want. At the same time I can just as well tell them what I think. Telling people what to do or what to say is one of my major gripes and I try to be quite the opposite. But, as I said before, I am human and not perfect and from time to time may be guilty of the very things I don't like. It's just how it is. I may not have 50,000 posts but I have quite few and am here often enough that it should be pretty clear how I feel about certain things especially since half my posts are probably clarifying the other half. I consider myself reasonable and a decent person but in a world made up solely of text with no facial expressions, eye contact, hand gestures or vocal inflictions no matter who you are nobody can know for sure exactly what type of person each of us really are and until then mischaracterization and harsh judgment is just part of the Internet world.

We have no choice Becky. Personally I go from here to the streets. Its that big of a deal. Were just not dumb enough to gather in large groups as the best way to spread information is the tell one then he tells another and so on....Govmnt cant stop that.

Ma'am, you're quite challenging and inquisitive. Your husband must have many gray hairs, lol.

He does too, and his goatee has a few greys as well, the funny part is, he is younger than me :P ( 2.5 years younger )

But, as I said before, I am human and not perfect and from time to time may be guilty of the very things I don't like. It's just how it is. I may not have 50,000 posts but I have quite few and am here often enough that it should be pretty clear how I feel about certain things especially since half my posts are probably clarifying the other half. I consider myself reasonable and a decent person but in a world made up solely of text with no facial expressions, eye contact, hand gestures or vocal inflictions no matter who you are nobody can know for sure exactly what type of person each of us really are and until then mischaracterization and harsh judgment is just part of the Internet world.

MR_Fess.. I would not judge you in a negative light.. In fact if anything I like your posts on many topics ..My point was not about you as a person.. It was about how other people like to tell others they don't own a right to post about their neck of the woods.. In my opinion you, me and everyone else here ALL of us own rights to post opinions on ANY given subject.. That Mr Fess was all I was trying to say ....

Mr Fess...each time I read that ID, I think of the Loch Ness Monster.. If you went to Scotland, it would make Nessie happy to have found his long distant cousin lol ... I kid with you, it's just a bit of banter using word play :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom

We have no choice Becky. Personally I go from here to the streets. Its that big of a deal. Were just not dumb enough to gather in large groups as the best way to spread information is the tell one then he tells another and so on....Govmnt cant stop that.

Correct they can't

Correct they can't

Except when you're around the president or the secret service.

The secret service can then designate free speech zones.

Or, if you're protesting or speaking your mind, they can charge you with a felony.

Except when you're around the president or the secret service.

The secret service can then designate free speech zones.

Or, if you're protesting or speaking your mind, they can charge you with a felony.

Basically the same over here too Free speech my foot !!

He does too, and his goatee has a few greys as well, the funny part is, he is younger than me :P ( 2.5 years younger )

MR_Fess.. I would not judge you in a negative light.. In fact if anything I like your posts on many topics ..My point was not about you as a person.. It was about how other people like to tell others they don't own a right to post about their neck of the woods.. In my opinion you, me and everyone else here ALL of us own rights to post opinions on ANY given subject.. That Mr Fess was all I was trying to say ....

Mr Fess...each time I read that ID, I think of the Loch Ness Monster.. If you went to Scotland, it would make Nessie happy to have found his long distant cousin lol ... I kid with you, it's just a bit of banter using word play :P

Ness-Fess... Ha, that's funny. I like it. And you're totally right about the rest. Things are quite heated over here in the USA and I've been known to rant, rave and get pretty defensive at times. Even when I don't like certain opinions I wouldn't tell them they can't. I'll concede that I've told people they shouldn't comment and they have no right to comment but hey I realize how things are here. I don't necessarily mean it and never really expect it. It's just emotions running loose. We all get blinded by our own self righteousness sometimes.

• Like 2

Basically the same over here too Free speech my foot !!

Over there too? That's very unfortunate. It seems corruption knows no bounds.

Then again, when I think over it, corruption is just an accessory to humanity. :P

Ness-Fess... Ha, that's funny. I like it. And you're totally right about the rest. Things are quite heated over here in the USA and I've been known to rant, rave and get pretty defensive at times. Even when I don't like certain opinions I wouldn't tell them they can't. I'll concede that I've told people they shouldn't comment and they have no right to comment but hey I realize how things are here. I don't necessarily mean it and never really expect it. It's just emotions running loose. We all get blinded by our own self righteousness sometimes.

It is natural to get defensive, we all do it ..

Over there too? That's very unfortunate. It seems corruption knows no bounds.

Then again, when I think over it, corruption is just an accessory to humanity. :P

It depends on what you say and who you pin point while saying it..

So are you done derailing this thread, BM?

What Mr. Obama is doing is despicable. It doesn't matter that it's been done before, what matter is that politicians continue to use these spineless tactics intended to disarm citizens.

What Mr. Obama is doing is despicable. It doesn't matter that it's been done before, what matter is that politicians continue to use these spineless tactics intended to disarm citizens.

So you have already said so in the OP

It was already despicable for Obama to exploit children as a backdrop for his political posturing, implying that his opposition on useless gun control laws somehow cares less about children. Now he’s taken the next step, trotting

You could say it again and make it a hat trick lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

So are you done derailing this thread, BM?

And will continue to do so to a sleeping populace.

The thing is, people with guns start to think that protects their rights. But in essence, this is plainly not true there are others ways to protect your rights, than just guns. The people choice not too "their is always another way' as Captain Janeway, said find that other way... Its the people that protect the rights of the individual as well not the gun. When Stalin, Hitter and other dictators took control it is not because they took the guns its because the people allowed them to take over...... You can fight against a person,, just as well without a gun, for example, a guy with a Knife has 21 feet to use anything under 21 feet against a guy with a gun; We can find ways of killing the man or harming the man with the gun without using a gun. People just choice not to find that way and go for the quicker solution to a problem. If we had people to not find a quick solution to a problem then probably we've would be better off as a society.

A true warrior does not need a gun to kill someone.

Also no Obama, is not taking your guns away; he is just putting common sense stuff back in too gun laws that were taken away by the radical rights of this country.

Edited by Ryinrea
  • Like 1

Also no Obama, is not taking your guns away; he is just putting common sense stuff back in too gun laws that were taken away by the radical rights of this country.

I believe so.. I cannot ever see Obama take away anyone's guns.. I doubt any president will.. Gun laws may get looked at and dealt with, but no one will loose the rights to keep their guns..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I believe so.. I cannot ever see Obama take away anyone's guns.. I doubt any president will.. Gun laws may get looked at and dealt with, but no one will loose the rights to keep their guns..

I agree since the people would have, a fit over this.... Since, they're already having a fit over changes in the Gun law that would bring back common sense stuff....

The people are the way to fight against government ternary, its not the guns... That's; why Tomas Jefferson rallied for a public school system, since he wanted an informed and educated populace That was the check and balance too the government overreaching not the, right to bare arms The right to bare arms was just so people could have weapons to hunt and **** not to overthrow the government. I doubt they could overthrow the government, when the government has bigger weapons, than, they do. Look at how Al Qaeda for an example is fighting. It's taken 10 years to fight them and kill OBL. Thought eight of those years we kind of had a president that did not care about OBL in the office.......

If the people are educated and informed then that would be a better democracy.

2 things...

If no one spoke up about it they would ban guns in a heartbeat. What reason would they have not to? The second amendment? I doubt that. America would be long over if people kept their mouths shut. There are checks and balances set up within our branches of government but ultimately it is the people who keep all them in check.

Spits a good thing we do because the other thing is that without the second amendment all the others would cease to exist.

If no one spoke up about it they would ban guns in a heartbeat.

Right, so the gun owners who know their rights, if they say NO, then the government bows down and says okie dokie, well look at tightening laws instead then.. .... So, the government will only ban what people wont protest?

To add, don't people shout out and protest many other changes made by the government? And the government ignores it and make changes regardless? Isn't that what gets to people?

Edited by Beckys_Mom