Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your stuck in an enclosed room.

Paranoid Android

Just thought I'd share a riddle. Basically you're stuck in an enclosed room - 4 walls, a roof, a floor. No windows or doors. In the centre of this room is a square, wooden table, and laying on the table is a sharp pointed butter knife (blunt blade, sharp point).

So how do you escape the room? I'll post clues later. But you WILL roll your eyes at the eventual answer *shifty eyes* :P

Stand on the table and go over the wall.

You're on a second floor room. Floor is a roof to the room below.

:yes:

:no:

Nibs

• Like 1

Hi PA, you've said no windows. Does that include a skylight?

I'm thinking the person stands on top of the table, reaches up to the skylight and climbs out :D

Oh! wait a minute, you've said 'roof' not a ceiling so is this an attic/loft room? In which case the person can get out through the trap door on the floor?

:unsure2:

Is this one of those - If you cut something in half, two halves make a hole ...type riddles?

Nibs and SW, there is no way to get out of the room by standing on the table.

BM - you're on the right track, but how do get there, a butter knife can't cut through a solid table :tu:

Edited by Paranoid Android

BM - you're on the right track, but how do get there, a butter knife can't cut through a solid table :tu:

Ok, add more clues and see how it goes .. This has kindled my interest lol

Ok, add more clues and see how it goes .. This has kindled my interest lol

What CAN you do with a sharp-pointed butter knife?

You... lethaly stab yourself. Whereby you escape the room by creating a hole, in yourself? :)

I might need another clue. :(

What CAN you do with a sharp-pointed butter knife?

You can pick a hole in the table and climb through? OR ( this is morbid ) kill yourself and your soul can escape anything? lol :ph34r:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Try for something a little less lethal, but yes, the first step requires a small level of self harm :devil:

Try for something a little less lethal, but yes, the first step requires a small level of self harm :devil:

Ok lets try this... You take the butter knife with the sharp point.. You prick yourself with the point creating pain ( Window pane ) and you smash the pane, and you're out .. Sorry PA that's all l can come up with if it involves a little self harm lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Heh, I suppose that'd work. But it seems strange too specifically clarify a window pane. Aternatively if you prick yourself you now have a sore (saw), and I suppose the rest of the riddle answers itself.

Heh, I suppose that'd work. But it seems strange too specifically clarify a window pane. Aternatively if you prick yourself you now have a sore (saw), and I suppose the rest of the riddle answers itself.

Hang on a sec.. Window pane sounds like pain.. You have - a sore and that sounds like a saw ? You made that riddle up yourself, didn't you? lol :lol: I have an Irish accent, and when I saw the word SORE it sounds nothing like the word SAW lol

Before you mentioned a little self harm.. I was thinking - Ok PA has a room with no way out, lets work with the clues and what's in the room he speaks of A wooden table with a knife.. Hmm lets work with that..I then thought What about IF you take the butter knife that has the sharp point.. ( remember there is a wooden table ) So you pick at the wooden table, that creates SAW dust, you grab the SAW and saw the table in two - Two halves make a hole ? But then you said a little self harm so I scrapped that idea...

I am going to say this to you and then I am going to run........PA........ my answer to the riddle made more sense

*runs outta there fast.before my tummy gets sore saw laughing lol.*

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

Another ten minutes of my life down the drain! s0273.gif

• Like 3

use the point of the butter knife to unscrew the screws holding the roof on, prize up roof, lower table to floor below and jump down on it. You may break leg on way down hence self harm.

Any more clues? :cry:

You carve the wooden table into a wardrobe with the knife, and walk through it and out the other side?

Well it works in the lion, the witch and the wardrobe :lol:

Is the table being square shaped a clue?

• Like 1

You carve the wooden table into a wardrobe with the knife, and walk through it and out the other side?

Well it works in the lion, the witch and the wardrobe :lol:

Carve the table into a closet and you land in Narnia ..so funny :lol:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Hang on a sec.. Window pane sounds like pain.. You have - a sore and that sounds like a saw ? You made that riddle up yourself, didn't you? lol :lol: I have an Irish accent, and when I saw the word SORE it sounds nothing like the word SAW lol

No, I didn't make it up myself, someone told it to me. I didn't think about the accent thing. In traditional Australian English, saw and sore are virtually identical in sound.

I am going to say this to you and then I am going to run........PA........ my answer to the riddle made more sense

You are entitled to that view, especially with an Irish accent in there.

~ PA

Another ten minutes of my life down the drain! s0273.gif

Sorry to ruin your Sunday evening :devil:

No, I didn't make it up myself, someone told it to me.

I wouldn't admit to that disaster either lol

I didn't think about the accent thing.

We are all Aussies on here, we just pretend we are from other parts of the world, to make the forum look more diverse lol

You are entitled to that view, especially with an Irish accent in there.

Not just the Irish, the British, American and other parts of the world -Sore sounds like sore ( or more ) and not saw

You should re-tell that same riddle to your friend, only give Still Waters answer - Carving the wooden table into a wardrobe and you wind up in Narnia, has a better ring to it and funny.. Everyone will get it

Edited by Beckys_Mom