Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coincidence, fate or sheer good luck?

freetoroam

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/vauxhall-helicopter-crash-helicopter-crash-1538792

Two workmen who should have been in a crane that was hit by a helicopter in central London escaped death by minutes because they overslept.

Mr Moule, 31, a father of two from Harlow, Essex, was supposed to be at work at 7am with his colleague Mr Biagioni, 30, but both were late,"It was the first time I've been late since starting this job three years ago. I just woke up late. Call it divine intervention if you like,"

Mr Biagioni, from Ongar, Essex, was late because his four-year-old son, who usually wakes him up, slept in,

------------------------------------------------------------

Saw this on the news, thought, huh, one worker late..ok...but both of them?

is this coincidence, fate or sheer good luck?

I'm not 100% sure but I thought one over slept, making them both late (one picking the other one up)....but I don't know if I actually read that, or just assumed it!!!

Either way - i'd have been tempted to buy a lottery ticket that day, as it was clearly a good day for him..

Mr Biagioni was only late for his shift because his children were not as noisy as usual in the morning. He said: ‘I was very lucky - it's unbelievable. I am still in shock. If it was not for my boys not waking me up, that would have been it.

Father-of-two Mr Moule, 31, told the Daily Mail: ‘My colleague and I were both supposed to be there at 7am but we were both late.

‘It was the first time I’ve been late since starting this job three years ago. I just woke up late. Call it divine intervention if you like.

‘I went in on my motorcycle and got there about 7.45am.

====================================================

seems they were both late, separate incidents. Both should have been there at the same time but can not find anything about them going together .

But if me, most certainly would have been buying a lotto ticket that day too. No disrespect to those who died BTW.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Anytime someone brings up 'fate' in these kinds of things it makes me wonder... What makes them so special to get 'fated' to live while others are 'fated' to die? It was just a coincidence they overslept, and it was a coincidence that a helicopter happened to slam into their crane that day too. Shizz happens, people live, people die, people over sleep.

Edited by Hasina

Anytime someone brings up 'fate' in these kinds of things it makes me wonder... What makes them so special to get 'fated' to live while others are 'fated' to die? It was just a coincidence they overslept, and it was a coincidence that a helicopter happened to slam into their crane that day too. Shizz happens, people live, people die, people over sleep.

i see where you are coming from, normally this would be my view, but here we have 2 men, one always on time, not sure about the other one, and yet both were late on the one day when disaster struck.

As for what makes them so special....if fate does occur, then we have no way near enough knowledge about these guys to say why it happened to them.

i see where you are coming from, normally this would be my view, but here we have 2 men, one always on time, not sure about the other one, and yet both were late on the one day when disaster struck.

As for what makes them so special....if fate does occur, then we have no way near enough knowledge about these guys to say why it happened to them.

Read about all the people who didn't get killed in 9/11. ~FATE~ Nah, just coincidences that will always happen when it comes to accidents and wide spread death and destruction, you'll always end up with someone who looks lucky.

Read about all the people who didn't get killed in 9/11. ~FATE~ Nah, just coincidences that will always happen when it comes to accidents and wide spread death and destruction, you'll always end up with someone who looks lucky.

These 2 guys were late for work and survived an accident, 9/11 was no accident. But if you say that all the survivors are saying it was not fate, then I take that.

These 2 guys were late for work and survived an accident, 9/11 was no accident. But if you say that all the survivors are saying it was not fate, then I take that.

I'm basically saying things happen for no reason. They over slept? Why? Cause that's how it happened. Did God hit their snooze bar while kicking the rest of the crane crew out the door to get to work? If it was that, then I'll feel fate was more plausible.

Accident or planned, things happen and people get lucky for no reason other then coincidence. If it had anything to do with fate or something, I would assume (a dangerous thing since I've made a butt out of myself many times before) that fate would work for those who are good and work against those that are bad.

But hey! It's esoteric and undefinable like God, it can do whatever it wants, kill a baby, save a terrorist, fate is a wily ol coot.