Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing lights

Cloverish

I don't know if this topic should be under this thread, but it looked to be the best match.

This topic has probably already been brought up because I know on several other places it has been, but I thought to add in my two cents.

Okay here I go explaining it. I see flickering lights 24/7 ever since I was a child. The lights are everywhere and actually look like pixels. They vary in color they can sometimes be just black and white or be yellow, red, green, a rainbow of color, but that usually occurs mainly at night. The colors turn vibrant then and grow bigger. They are really elaborate with their patterns. In the daytime it changes drastically, I still see the dots just at a lower level but now I see like different air currents. This usually happens in school when I have nothing better to do than just stare at a wall. It looks like several bus exhaust blending together but this is spaced different. It actually looks 3d on a 2d background. This one time I was at a friends house and an air current actually jumped out at me and looked like claws, I was terrified! Okay back to the classroom, the air currents formed a square in my central vision with the inside open. The edges oc the square looked like a lava lamp. The aircurrents were lite gray or musty blue and transparent.

There is more but I think that is enough.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChrLzs

• Beany

• SubjectDigamma

• Cloverish

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same experiences, not as a child, but as an adult. One day something opened up for me and I began to see the world differently than some people. I think people who don't have that shared experience understandably deny the validity of it, but we're all in the world in our own unique way and tend to think that our own perceptions are the only valid ones. I see an optometrist annually, and haven't had any vision problems diagnosed, so it's not a problem with my eyesight.

Something similar (jagged rainbow effects) happened to me about six months ago, and I was staggered by what my eyes and brain were doing - it was nothing like the stars in your eyes or similar.. It was incredibly pretty! After thinking I was going crazy or dreaming, I then did a little research and it's not all that common but it is well known and documented. Eg here:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Eye-Care/I-also-had-the-jagged-line-with-blurred-colours-in-my-vision/show/1132043

Put simply, it's a migraine-related effect - in my case I've never really suffered from headaches but on reflection, yes, I did have a headache at the time and was quite tired after a long trip. Not really any cause for alarm, but worth getting checked out.