Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best evidence for ET visitation - 4th edition

Hazzard

I wonder if we are nit picking slightly in arguing about singular versus plural.

I think you are being sarcastic and see the importance here.

A post is made in a flippant manner suggesting they are putting forward a 'couple' of red flags that diminish the event. Only one is put forward. I then question why only one and if the poster could ellaborate as to why they think its a red flag.

Next thing I know I am being accused of dancing and nit picking. Youi are not seriously telling me that the above could possibly be considered as nit picking. Lets flip it for a moment. Lets say I post a sentence saying I have a couple of bits of evidence for ET then proceed to post a blurry photo of a blob. If someone questions why I think its ET and they also point out I only posted one would I be within my rights to say they are being nit picky or doing a dance because they question my post?

The opening gambit in all of these BE threads revolves around considering every detail and possibility prior to invoking ET, yet there is no consideration and just instant dismissal. In fact there is a common trait in some posters to hide behind the crowd taking swipes as and when they can.......makes for great debate......however if they are challenged this makes for great comedy.

As I previously said if this is as good as it gets then we cannot expect progress but more ridicule for the next 40 years.............

• Like 2

I think you are being sarcastic and see the importance here.

A post is made in a flippant manner suggesting they are putting forward a 'couple' of red flags that diminish the event. Only one is put forward. I then question why only one and if the poster could ellaborate as to why they think its a red flag.

Next thing I know I am being accused of dancing and nit picking. Youi are not seriously telling me that the above could possibly be considered as nit picking.

Not at all; if we really are making a big issue about the word "couple" meaning two, while only one point, or red Flag, was raised, that surely is nit picking in anyone's book. And surely the reasons why they should, like Lenin, raise the red Flag, should be fairly obvious.

• Like 1

Not at all; if we really are making a big issue about the word "couple" meaning two, while only one point, or red Flag, was raised, that surely is nit picking in anyone's book. And surely the reasons why they should, like Lenin, raise the red Flag, should be fairly obvious.

asking a question equals making a big issue? a simple response of ' I didnt mean a couple its just the one' would have sufficed.......still not sure if you are kidding or you seriously think asking the question is nit picking.....if you do then my forehead and wall have a date...

as for raising the red flag and it being obvious, maybe without the context I suggested in which it should be considered. Am I not allowed to question it????

would this reply be more appropriate next time?

gosh you are right Hazz they are all major red flags....another one for the woo woo pile next case please

I wonder if we are nit picking slightly in arguing about singular versus plural.

Wouldnt be the first time..... flaiming/trolling?..... if not, it sure is irritating. <_<

Edited by DBunker

Wouldnt be the first time..... flaiming/trolling?..... if not, it sure is irritating. <_<

flaming/trolling coming from you........I did mention the comedy aspect in previous post.

I can also understand why you find being challenged irritating......If I were you I would feel the same.

So you are basically allowed to

1- cherry pick responses

2- Ignore direct questions relating to a point

3- choose to attack me with wording such as 'Qdance' rather than debate the point...

Hmmm I guess the question remains why such behaviour is not stamped out.

but I guess anything goes now right? I suppose I did say you could choose the dance.

anyhow fancy taking on the point being debated? out of a few thousand posts surely you going to have a go one time.....I am sure you have it in you DB.

Edited by quillius

anyhow fancy taking on the point being debated? out of a few thousand posts surely you going to have a go one time.....I am sure you have it in you DB.

If its just another one of your "singular versus plural" debate you have in mind, I think Ill pass.

• Like 1

If its just another one of your "singular versus plural" debate you have in mind, I think Ill pass.

no kidding :w00t::-*

• Like 1

wow you could cut the tension on this thread with a knife

Somebody should cut the 3 phase 220 line in here with a pair of steel dykes ! :tu:

Somebody should cut the 3 phase 220 line in here with a pair of steel dykes ! :tu:

Two of these? :unsure2:

wonder_woman_by_jeffach-d59egpa.jpg

• Like 3

About that,... Do you think these boys and gals ever sit down (after the fact) and wonder about the time and effort they spent defending/promoting a story/claim? Do the reflect and learn from their mistakes? Or maybe they just pick another one and run with that til the abducted cows come home?

This is really interesting to be,... the psychology behind it all - Why some people defend an obviously "bad idea", to the death if necessary?

Gidday Hazz

I think as people feel when a case seems strong that they will put that extra effort in, and ride it to the end, but I think it is also the first step toward a skeptical outlook. I would not be shocked to see Quillius come over the the dark side at all. People like Bee and Zoser do not ask the critical questions the Quillius does, and they do not accept sound information like Quillius does, these are people in it for the fun of it, and do not really want to resolve anything, but create a mystery of one does not exist and wind a few people up. As such I think Quillius is either about to step over the fence, or become one of the better people out there associated with UFOlogy. I find in the long run, we end up strengthening each others arguments, but the solution seems to fairly standard in that nothing is ever proven to have been extraterrestrial. Quillius I find one of the rare creatures that does for skepticism what skeptics do for believers - keep them on the level, and make one qualify any answer beyond doubt. It's pretty even so far I think, I believe in the end Edgar Mitchell was shown to have more than dubious sources, and in Pascagoula, Quillius turned me around on the information provided by Joe Eszeterhas which seemed to seal that deal.

I would really like to see more believers take a page from Quillius' book, I honestly find him head and shoulders well above the rest.

Cheers.

• Like 5

If I allow for him to be crazy to start with then I have to ignore both his statements from back then and the one 20 years after......and if I do so, I am left with Charlies description :) the case remains.

Not only just lost 50% of your direct witnesses, but also the fact that a man is repeating the story of a known madman, which I do not think bodes well.

I know you like this line of thought, I would suggest the follwoing currently work against it.

-no evidence to suggest such

-Broadus witness

- Larry witness

- CCTV ( this part was a joke to inject some humour along the way)

-both mens willingness to take a lie detector test

- the conversation when they were alone...

Evidence - is the same as we have for the original story. One of the original claimants, as far as evidence goes for an "Visitor" I honestly think you would be hard pressed to prove either as more credible than the other.

Broadus and Larry we have no statements for, and despite the clams that it was the same craft, what I have seen of the description "a streak of light" is not convincing.

CCTV - as long as Lord V is not visiting anytime soon me I am OK with that.

The volunteering for the lie detector test I think moots the Klass point abut the capabilities of the operator. It is an interesting point, and all I can think of is the men felt confident it woud give them credence of they passed it or not due to their willingness.

I agree their conversation dentes stress and personal trauma, but as you know, I think that is the result of an unplanned sexual experience which deeply traumatised these god fearing men.

at around 5ft they could :)

I cannot see it. Could I ask you to extrapolate please?

asking a question equals making a big issue?

Twas not you mate - LINK

homer-drool.gif

One will do. And some say we are uninteresting! Who needs Aliens?

Edited by psyche101

you're having a laugh aren't you...? What's good about name-calling, being rude and flinging insults around?

Are you suggesting Zoser never did such?

I find that statement extremely ignorant...

:yes:

internet-memes-uninterested-lizard-is-uninterested.jpeg

• Like 1

I wish,... but Im guessing Big D is talking about one of these. :lol::P

Side_cutters.jpg

• Like 1

Twas not you mate - LINK

Where you refering to me there Psyche about asking if you guys came to an agreement on that case?

• Like 1

Where you refering to me there Psyche about asking if you guys came to an agreement on that case?

Psyche,...

original_448471_N0r8yR0yMhEVitF_wXfrBPGae.jpg

• Like 1

I wish,... but Im guessing Big D is talking about one of these. :lol::P

Side_cutters.jpg

Yeah ! Now you just made me fall over in the shop on that last photo guys ! Im going to call Snap-On Tools today and order me up a pair of Dykes like those Girls !

That will get the job done a lot faster in my Shop ! Thanks !

justDONTEATUS :tu:

• Like 1

Yeah ! Now you just made me fall over in the shop on that last photo guys ! Im going to call Snap-On Tools today and order me up a pair of Dykes like those Girls !

That will get the job done a lot faster in my Shop ! Thanks !

justDONTEATUS :tu:

Be careful, cause snaps may mean something sinister :whistle:

Be careful, cause snaps may mean something sinister :whistle:

Snap-on tools,...

beavis-and-butthead-beavis-and-butthead-28017839-445-559.jpg

Snapperheads Snap-on Tools,Snappy Tom,Bloody Marys its all in the way you look at it ! :tu:

Laredo UFO group specializes in first-hand observation.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Laredo, Texas UFO researchers are finding a significant number of unexplained objects in local skies, but it's not because of UFO reports being received from the public, but rather because they are part of a growing movement in the research community: the go out with good equipment and obtain UFO data on their own. This is perhaps the next wave in UFO research. It is getting much easier to do, as UFOs become more common and seemingly more willing to appear on demand.

What a great !*$ idea! f23ptl.jpg