Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Armed School Security Guard Forgets Gun

jugoso

I bet if this happened before the whole anti gun fiasco this probably wouldn't have gotten the attention of the press

I bet if this happened before the whole anti gun fiasco this probably wouldn't have gotten the attention of the press

You are probably right, but it didn`t happen before, it happened after, all the more reason to be a bit more responsible when the "gun thing" is still fresh in everyones mind.

That wouldn't have made it any more acceptable.

Let's face it, the public perception has been manipulated for decades, so what does it matter? :cry:

That wouldn't have made it any more acceptable.

Mistakes like this is inevitable. Schools in America at the moment are free hunting grounds for the deranged and mentally unstable individuals. Even if these individuals don't own guns, they can steal guns or buy guns from gun shows. There would be nothing to stop the derange inside a school from shooting children. Only thing that would stop them is another person with a gun... it is the truth which most people ignore out of plain ignorance, because their knee jerk politician said guns are bad to make him look good without checking proper facts and researching the subject.

Edited by Uncle Sam

Did he get fired ? Lose his CWP ?

I personally don't like the idea of a 60 year old(there are some exceptions but he isn't one of them) guarding a school considering what they were responding to it's a bad idea. Not against retiree's working but let's face it when you get older you cannot do the same things as you were younger. Training/Leading security sure but doing the actual protection detail generally not a good idea.

60 is not retirement age anymore. :su

• Like 1

60 is not retirement age anymore. :su

Never was, the only limit is 72: after that you can work as much as you want, you will not get more (or less) Social Security.

Yeah... I never felt comfortable around older people with guns. They forget things and don't remember if guns are loaded. My mom accidentally blown up our dresser with my shotgun when she was showing my sister how to unload it. Plus she forgot the safety was off when she was pumping it. I am very religious about gun safety, matter of fact, I always check the guns before my mom handles them.

I knew this old lady used to sit on her porch with a shotgun. Ahh the good ol days. :gun:

The guy is actually 60 and retired in 2008. (Meaning he got pushed out at 55.) They still have a pdf on the county sheriff website with all his info. He really shouldn't of been guarding school children in the first place.

its not really about slandering the guard, in my view its the fact that this guard who is there to protect the children and considering the past events, should be ready and armed.....was NOT armed at all, the gun was not even loaded. So if a "situation" does ever occur,(i sure do hope it never does) he would have to load up before he can stop the intruder!

And if he is not quick enough or just not ready in time, I am sure there would be a whole lot more said about it than a bit of slandering.

Everybody can't be a freetoroam

Well, If he forgets a unloaded gun, how are you to suppose he would not forget a loaded one... in an area where kids have access to. And we are talking about a former INSTRUCTOR!

And here we are again at the point I am constantly stressing: The majority of gun owners are incapable of keeping their guns under control.

I'm sure if a crazed gunman enters the school, he will be worried about the safety of others. We should probably get rid of bikes and skateboards because they are dangerous as well, or let's just ban cars because they contribute to a great many deaths......seriously.

Edited by Seeker79

Next time we make mistakes (which we do since we're human) think of that guard. No excuses, No exceptions.

Well, If he forgets a unloaded gun, how are you to suppose he would not forget a loaded one... in an area where kids have access to. And we are talking about a former INSTRUCTOR!

And here we are again at the point I am constantly stressing: The majority of gun owners are incapable of keeping their guns under control.

You couldn't possibly defend your statement that you can't possibly stress enough about "a majority of gun owners". You have no data to support such a crazy statement. The vast majority of gun owners keep their guns for a lifetime and even multiple generations without a problem. Sandy Hook happens and you come out with more fantastic rhetoric about a hundred million people as I've ever seen.

Now the problem today is memory. So who's going to administer the memory exams now? What's this problem going to cost? It's always something new. It's finding as many problems as you possibly can and slinging them like flapjacks.

You couldn't possibly defend your statement that you can't possibly stress enough about "a majority of gun owners". You have no data to support such a crazy statement. The vast majority of gun owners keep their guns for a lifetime and even multiple generations without a problem. Sandy Hook happens and you come out with more fantastic rhetoric about a hundred million people as I've ever seen.

Now the problem today is memory. So who's going to administer the memory exams now? What's this problem going to cost? It's always something new. It's finding as many problems as you possibly can and slinging them like flapjacks.

I too have a problem with him stating majority of the gun owners can't control their guns... really now? That is a wildly absurd assumption by Questionmark here. It seriously makes me consider him one of those people who throw out fictional facts to suit his argument so it seems like he is telling the truth. The problem with this, this fact he state is so wildly out there, it basically labels him a liar straight then and there.

His weapon should never be more then arms length away. His job is to protect people and he forgot it, doesn't matter if it was moments or hours. The fact is the weapon was left unattended. He should have it tethered to him to prevent it from happening again, at least if he leaves it out of his holster it will be dragging behind him when he leaves.

I've had my rifle tethered to me because some idiot left his unattended. The staff thought it would be a good idea for all of us to have 1 arms length of paracordattached to our rifles.

• Like 1

well, he'll probably not do that again. . .. :blink: Bullets! Bullets! where did i put my Bullets!!?

Was it unloaded because he forgot the bullets too? Hah.

Posted Today, 04:54 PM

Stellar said:

Was it unloaded because he forgot the bullets too? Hah.

Oh.. not that i know of Stellar... I was just guessing what he might forget next.

Edited by lightly

310 MILLION guns, one instance that makes the news about a trained individual who *gasp* makes a completely human mistake and you indict THE MAJORITY of all gun owners? Really, Q? :passifier: