Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

strange?

SarahAvery

i had a rather strange experience about a year ago, i was going to a grave with my cousin to put flowers on for decoration and it was late, after dark, and we were entering the graveyard and we believe we saw something sitting on one of the graves. needless to say the flowers did not get put on that night, we ran out and put them on the next day. but i am one who believes you should not go looking for trouble, even in this sence, but we were only going to put flowers. to this day we still do not know what we saw there that night.

Perhaps you didn't see anything..but it was "something" that saw you.. :innocent:

Maby you saw a homeless person...

haha i thought that but it looked more like ghostly i think...i was scared because it was pretty dark and i was in the middle of nowhere at a cemetery, but still yet it was like something was sitting on the top of a gravestone, just like looking at us, kind of staring i guess you could say.

Who goes to a cemetery at night to pay their respects?

• Like 1

Who goes to a cemetery at night to pay their respects?

i do, decoration was the next day and i had to work all day that day.

In NY ,our cemeteries are closed after a certain hour . Usually 5pm .This is fairly recent .Like the last 15 years.Before that,they locked up much later .

We had a lot of vandalism in the 80s. Desecration of statues and mausoleums.

Complete bummer for the Houdini people .

Same for new Orleans .They lock em up at dusk now. Mostly because of theft from graves of voodoo peeps .

Sad it has to be this way .

I know this isn't the case in other places though. Some cemeteries are open 24 hours .

I used to break colts to ride. Often I would ride them at night in the wee hours so that there would be no people or traffic or distractions while I got them used to town. Once at about 3:00AM I was riding by the graveyard to the trails beyond it. I was on a big shire x colt who was jumpy and edgy. it was pitch black; one of those moonless nights. So as I was riding past the driveway to the graveyard, there appeared three black human forms walking out, silently. At the same moment I saw them, they saw me on the horse and we all shrieked at the same time... What were the odds? It seems three teenagers were coming out of there while my black silhouette must have looked like the headless horseman. We were all real flesh and blood. The timing was perfect for a good scare though.

• Like 1