Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Assassination attempt on Live-TV

EllJay

Heartstopping moment would-be assassin aims gun at Bulgarian opposition leader's head and pulls the trigger

A Bulgarian politician today survived an extraordinary assassination attempt when a man stormed the stage and held a gun to his head as he was giving a speech.

Fortunately for Ahmed Dogan, leader of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms, the weapon misfired giving him time to react and hit the would-be assassin's hand out of the way.

Before he could attempt a second shot the unidentified suspect was tackled to the ground by security guards and delegates attending the conference in Sofia.

Television footage showed the man jumping out of the audience and interrupting a speech by 58-year-old Dogan, who has led the party for almost a quarter of a century.

In a split second, he raises the gun to Mr Dogan's head but it appeared to misfire.

The politician then knocked the gun away and fell to the floor as he attempted to flee.

Security guards and delegates rushed onto the stage where they wrestled the attacker to the ground.

Ahmed-Dogan-elite-daily.jpg

The guy was in for a real ass-whooping. Viewer discretion is advised.

Edited by EllJay
  • Like 1

Saw this on the news, reckon the politician will be requesting tighter security in future!

• Like 1

Hey OP.... when ever a post is edited that contains a youtube video the video will disappear.... it's a glitch.

Quick reactions by the politician. Reminds me of John Prescott

:D

• Like 2

Hey OP.... when ever a post is edited that contains a youtube video the video will disappear.... it's a glitch.

Yeah I noticed, so I had to edit it again. It should be there now.

• Like 1

That totally looks staged. There's no way grandpa could take out some guy like that, who's twice his size, especially with a gun. Publicity stunt methinks.

If you had read, Wolverine, you would have found that the gun misfired. The guy would no doubt have taken the wee politician 1v1, but he was too focused on trying to shoot his face when the man was resisting.

• Like 3

The guy was in for a real ass-whooping. Viewer discretion is advised.

[media=]

[/media]

Holy crap on a cracker They didn't half kick the living crap out of him.. If this comes out in court, heads will roll .. I know he did wrong attempting to shoot but what they did once it failed may not make it any better for their case..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Holy crap on a cracker They didn't half kick the living crap out of him.. If this comes out in court, heads will roll .. I know he did wrong attempting to shoot but what they did once it failed may not make it any better for their case..

I would agree if it hadn't taken place in Bulgaria.

• Like 3

Yup...that's a beat down if I ever saw one. And he's probably in for more of the same in custody - he made a poor career choice.

• Like 6

I would agree if it hadn't taken place in Bulgaria.

You're probably right...Man it was one heck of a kicking ..!!

• Like 1

Quick reactions by the politician. Reminds me of John Prescott

[media=]

[/media]

:D

For some reason I found that video funny lol

• Like 1

They'll all plead temporary insanity and provocation. I think both those were there too. They were all almost witness to the murder of a man they loved. They were all in shock and rage that someone got that close and nearly succeeded in an assassination. The culprit is lucky, if he had succeeded they would have shot him on the spot too. Of course, you don't go do that if you are not prepared to die so getting beat up would probably be a poor second in his mind anyway.

• Like 1

Only the lady who does Mr.Dogan's laundry knows just how scared he was! s10701.gif

• Like 5

Tsk ,they need gun control laws. Send fuhrer bloombarf over to make it happen

This might sound morbid, but that was actually fun to watch, in the sense that it was a would-be assassin getting his butt whipped.

• Like 1

The Assassin: "Note to self, be sure to kill the guy who sold me the toy gun...and also to kill those who kicked me.. there had to be like a 1000 of them!"

The would be assassin look stunned, shocked when the politician fought back.

I don't think that was a publicity stunt. That guy was getting a severe ass kicking. I don't feel sorry for him - he certainly needs a life coach or three! Why wasn't he just hustled off the stage out the side or the back?

The would be assassin look stunned, shocked when the politician fought back.

I think he was more shocked by the fact that the gun failed to go off and he knew what was coming next from the others around.

I wonder how long he planned this for? he managed to get past security, get onto the stage, point the gun in his face and right at the last minute the ....nothing!

i suppose the saying "guns do not kill people" is appropriate here.

• Like 2

This might sound morbid, but that was actually fun to watch, in the sense that it was a would-be assassin getting his butt whipped.

I laughed a little, it was comical the look on his face when it all went south on him. He was well beat up, his face was bloody toward the end, strangely that did not at all dispell my sense of humour. :whistle: I should feel awful thinking like that but considering he was about to KILL someone in cold blood I am finding it hard to reach deep enough inside to find a sympathy card for him at all.

• Like 2

I thought the kicking he got was brutal.. I never laughed.. I know he did wrong, but the kicking was just WOW.. Words fail me... I guess they call that justice..

We don't know why the guy felt he needed to try and kill the politician either.. Was he going through hard time due to their government? Who knows.

If you had read, Wolverine, you would have found that the gun misfired. The guy would no doubt have taken the wee politician 1v1, but he was too focused on trying to shoot his face when the man was resisting.

I did read that, but I don't know...something about it just seems kind of off there.

crazy stuff man.. little brush fires are propping up all over the place.... when people feel they have nothing more to lose they lose it... this is how WW1 started

• Like 1