Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Batmobile sells for $4.2 million

Still Waters

The original Batmobile from the 1960s television series has been sold at auction for $4.2 million (£2.6 million).

The man who created the original Batmobile used in the 1960s television series was rejoicing today after the car sold for $4.2 million at auction.

Los Angeles based George Farris adapted a car he bought for just $1 in 1966 into the sleek, 19ft bubble-topped car which was driven in the series by Adam West.

http://www.telegraph....2-million.html

• Like 1

It's George Barris. My dad is a huge collector. He actually texted me about this last night! ;)

Haha, he is going to tear down a wall and put it in his living room. :tsu:

The original Batmobile from the 1960s television series has been sold at auction for $4.2 million (£2.6 million).

The man who created the original Batmobile used in the 1960s television series was rejoicing today after the car sold for $4.2 million at auction.

Los Angeles based George Farris adapted a car he bought for just $1 in 1966 into the sleek, 19ft bubble-topped car which was driven in the series by Adam West.

http://www.telegraph....2-million.html

:tu: It was a long overdue windfall for George Barris. It was all over the radio news last night. My cousin, the late actor Robert Lowery, was Hollywood's second Batman. I doubt the 1947 Hudson in the 15 Batman and Robin movie theater serials would still exist in Hollywood's huge car collection. :no: If you've seen them, Robert bails over the front seat to change into his Batman suit! :innocent: