Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What type of Ghost was this?

thelivingmanpart2

Quick story

My friend and I were fast forwarding through some commercials on a VHS, and while fast forwarding through the VHS i see a Black kid with an ax over his head bringing it down splitting another Black kids head open, when it was over i immediately pressed STOP, all this looks normal, it didn't have the fast forwarding VHS analog look. When it was over i look at my friend and my friend looks at me, and i say to him, "did you see that?" And he responds "yeah, those Black kids?" and by that point we were just finishing each other sentences. When we pressed play and rewound the tape it was gone, we litterally went through about 6 different commercial segments looking for the same figure or something resembling the same colours.

I just want to know if anyone's seen the same thing or had similar experiecnes with a VHS, DVD, Recording, et cetera.

Any psychics, experts, know the technical name for what we saw, or what happened to us??

I'm researching this personal experience because it's the only thing stopping me from believing in paranormal phenomenon.

I don't believe my house to be haunted, i think maybe I might be just a tad bit sensitive to phenomena like this because my mom says i used to ask for bandaids for a girl who was bleeding, and that i would learn a couple English words even though i only spoke Spanish when i was a little kid, and later we found out that a little girl had died on our premises... but as far as i know i haven't seen anything besides the VHS.

well, if you can't recreate it, it was most likely just something that looked similar. Fast forwarding VHS tapes does distort the image and not always in the same way. If you can recreate it and get a picture, great, if not, it was probably a one time thing. Think of WHY a ghost might 'want' to haunt some one or some thing...showing up in a vague place once and never again would be a waste of energy.

There were similar reports back in the late 80's of flashes of horrific images during commercial breaks. Here's the explanation. Back then during commercial breaks the television networks would air PSAs on their feeds. This was for stations who needed to air them (there is a FCC requirement for this). Most of the time stations aired local commercials during these periods but sometimes the guy in the control room would screw up and a frame or two of the network feed would slip through between commercials.

Back then there were some very graphic and shocking PSAs about drug addiction, drunk driving, AIDS, and other social problems. People were seeing brief flashes of car crashes, people in the final stages of AIDS, addicts near death, and so on. Some people thought ghosts were sending them messages through their television set about how they had died. Others accused the government of sending subliminal messages to viewers to control their behavior (at the time many people even believed "backmasking" in rock songs was turning their children into Satan worshipers). These were nothing more than control room screwups.

I suspect what you saw was a similar control room mistake.

• Like 1

There were similar reports back in the late 80's of flashes of horrific images during commercial breaks. Here's the explanation. Back then during commercial breaks the television networks would air PSAs on their feeds. This was for stations who needed to air them (there is a FCC requirement for this). Most of the time stations aired local commercials during these periods but sometimes the guy in the control room would screw up and a frame or two of the network feed would slip through between commercials.

Back then there were some very graphic and shocking PSAs about drug addiction, drunk driving, AIDS, and other social problems. People were seeing brief flashes of car crashes, people in the final stages of AIDS, addicts near death, and so on. Some people thought ghosts were sending them messages through their television set about how they had died. Others accused the government of sending subliminal messages to viewers to control their behavior (at the time many people even believed "backmasking" in rock songs was turning their children into Satan worshipers). These were nothing more than control room screwups.

I suspect what you saw was a similar control room mistake.

:tu::nw:

• 7 months later...