Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

300 Million Year Old Machinery Found

Still Waters

You have to Love the different photos ,the one on the Front page and the one DIechecker #47 thread ! Where do people get a Alumn,steering rack from a FTL craft ?

It looks like a Rock ,like the one lots of peeps use to park the car`s on a Hill !

If this is real then I think it more likely indicates we dont understand how times works.

If the modern world is losing objects which are jumping back to other points in history then theres no need for aliens.

That would mean that eventually we'll come across fossilized tv remotes and unmatched socks...which in reality, would actually make sense.

• Like 2

I thought examining age of an object is a piece of cake for science nowadays. Why need such a big debate?

If it's 300 million years old, then so be it.

The thing with carbon dating is that it has to be orgainc to test the carbon ratios. It is easy enough to test the coal around it, but the actual objects themselves are not organic and can not test them to determine the age. If they can date the manufacturing of the item itself, then they might have something, but in these cases, it is most likely a hoax. Understanding how coal is formed is a real big hint that these are hoaxes.

Coal Formation

The thing with carbon dating is that it has to be orgainc to test the carbon ratios. It is easy enough to test the coal around it, but the actual objects themselves are not organic and can not test them to determine the age. If they can date the manufacturing of the item itself, then they might have something, but in these cases, it is most likely a hoax. Understanding how coal is formed is a real big hint that these are hoaxes.

Coal Formation

I would just like to add to that, that carbon-14 decays with a half life of about 5730 years.

Carbon-14 is therefore typically reliable only for objects that are less than 50,000 years old, although new accelerator techniques can date objects as much as 100,000 years old.

Could be, it is very ambiguous, above that picture it says

Either way, I do not see evidence of manufacture here.

Second picture in the article just before that one.

metal.jpg

The inset is apparently the bottom of this.

Wouldn't want them to accuse you of not reading the article now, would you?

Still too shiny for my taste. Even that Pleistocine "lander foot" from Romania was more corroded than that and that wasn't supposed to be half as old.

Edit: the article was wrong about that BTW. It wasn't found in sandstone, it was found in a sand pit. Makes you wonder what else they got wrong or got lost in translation.

Edited by Oniomancer
  • Like 1

my only question is could a peice like that survive 300 million years?

It's part of the coal face cutting gear bit. I doubt that it's aluminium though, more likely to be titanium or tungsten carbide coated on magnesium alloy.

• Like 2

It looks very like part of a coal face cutting machine sheering tooth.They use 7000 series aluminium which is stronger than stainless steel and only 1/10th the weight. They are designed to drop of the sheerer automatically to stop down time. A cassette in the main machine drum replaces dropped teeth automatically.

post-129264-0-90522100-1358976679_thumb.

Edited by Erudite Celt
  • Like 3

Uhhhhh.... Magnesium is one of the most commonly alloyed metal with aluminum. Along with Silicon, Iron, Copper and ZInc. 2% is not unusual. Not even right here on Earth.

http://www.luskmetal...m/chemalum.html

It looks very like part of a coal face cutting machine sheering tooth.They use 7000 series aluminium which is stronger than stainless steel and only 1/10th the weight. They are designed to drop of the sheerer automatically to stop down time. A cassette in the main machine drum replaces dropped teeth automatically.

Which actually fits in with what the story reported. 2% magnesium in the sample, and ~2.5% in 7000 series aluminum.

Seems like Case Closed to me.

Good find Celt.

If it is from 300 million years ago, it must be part of the Dinosaur Train!

showposter.jpg?v=50c63ef8

My kids love Dinosaur Train (PBS).... "Gonna Ride.... Ride.... Ride.... The Dinosaur Train... ROOOAAARRR!"

Oh! a crazy far out scientific claim from Russia. What a surprise.

Second picture in the article just before that one.

metal.jpg

The inset is apparently the bottom of this.

Wouldn't want them to accuse you of not reading the article now, would you?

Still too shiny for my taste. Even that Pleistocine "lander foot" from Romania was more corroded than that and that wasn't supposed to be half as old.

Edit: the article was wrong about that BTW. It wasn't found in sandstone, it was found in a sand pit. Makes you wonder what else they got wrong or got lost in translation.

Thanks for the heads up mate :tu:

Wow, I am even more behind the translation than I thought.

What's next, Fossilized Tube Socks?

I looked but couldn't find any.... Yet....

Wake me up when they find the 300 million year old coal with lady Gaga poking out of it ! :tu:

It's a transmission component from an extinct Ford Pinto!

I tried to find anyone on the web that made, sold or knew of aluminum alloy coal shearing teeth and couldn't. The previous two commentators therefore may be aliens living among us and sowing disinformation...

I tried to find anyone on the web that made, sold or knew of aluminum alloy coal shearing teeth and couldn't. The previous two commentators therefore may be aliens living among us and sowing disinformation...

Welcome to the Show,the Show that never ends ! 12hil34 Wow thats quite the name ! Anywho,That coal find is nothing more than an artifact of a piece of junk in that coal !IMO but afterall Im one of those disinformant`s

uh huh. like the 100 million year old fossilized finger of a man.

http://thebiggestsec...ger-oopart.html

lots of stuff like htat has been found over the years.

And you expect 100 million year old flesh to be fossilized?

Why, then, have we not found entire bodies of dinosaurs, as opposed to their fossilized bones?

But don't worry. You go right on letting yourself be had. Don't even listen to my advice, which is hang onto your wallet.

Harte

• Like 1

Is aluminm ever in pure form in nature, like gold can be?

Though this fact is not widely known, sometimes aluminum has been found in a "natural" form. It's extremely rare, though.

Good question!

Harte

I believe it can be found in some rare cases in volcanic locations. Though I've yet to read of any real artifacts from before the 19th century.