Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

300 Million Year Old Machinery Found

Still Waters

Not a good idea. My personal experience with Brahmas suggests there's a lot of bullsheet there.

Harte

No ...?!

Cheers,

Badeskov

No ...?!

Cheers,

Badeskov

You mean "No Bull Sheet " Gotta Love the insanity on this rock ! :wacko:

• Like 2

No ...?!

Cheers,

Badeskov

And If they dig up one of these It will have Badeskov`s name on it !

post-68971-0-68239100-1366070319_thumb.j

• 5 months later...

First one with the right answer will win an All expenses paid trip for two on the Mars wackin-bush Imaginary Space Hotel Ship ! All aboard !!

I'm going to hold you to that! Can I take my dog?

I believe it can be found in some rare cases in volcanic locations. Though I've yet to read of any real artifacts from before the 19th century.

Don't UFO's sometimes get spotted exiting volcanoes?

Alien to some, chicken to others.... I like that.

Alien Chickens? :yes:

Don't UFO's sometimes get spotted exiting volcanoes?

Yes they do.

IMHO some of them are "ball lightning" effects and most are misidentifications.

• Like 1

Yes they do.

IMHO some of them are "ball lightning" effects and most are misidentifications.

Aren't misidentifications... UFO's?... & saying most implies there's a greater chance of them being UFO's than 'ball lightning'??

A Pleasure, Thanks!

Well Now I have the Proof ~ Ck it out ! THe FTL craft stumps most people Its Got a Cloaking devise on it ! :tu:

post-68971-0-58964100-1381879562_thumb.j

Aren't misidentifications... UFO's?... & saying most implies there's a greater chance of them being UFO's than 'ball lightning'??

A Pleasure, Thanks!

I did put IMHO (In my humble Opinion).

It could very well be aluminum, since the oxidization scrapes off easily.

I've been in old mine shafts and caves where people have left old aluminum flashlights back in the 50's, barely a mark on them once they were cleaned up a tad.

You have to really sit and think about this though.

1 - Is there any proof that this isn't a gear? No

2 - Do we have any proof that there weren't any civilizations before ours? Modern man's common mistake is believing anything that came before us was festooned with idiocy and dumbasses. We can't even figure out exaclty how the pyramids were made, or Puma Punku was carved. Or where the Incas went.

• Like 1

It could very well be aluminum, since the oxidization scrapes off easily.

I've been in old mine shafts and caves where people have left old aluminum flashlights back in the 50's, barely a mark on them once they were cleaned up a tad.

You have to really sit and think about this though.

1 - Is there any proof that this isn't a gear? No

2 - Do we have any proof that there weren't any civilizations before ours?

The above is logically similar to the question "When did you stop beating your wife?"

The fact that we have no proff that a thing didn't exist is not the least bit of evidence that the thinbg in question did exist.

Which is why the burden of evidence is on the claimant.

Sane people use evidence, not the lack thereof, to decide the veracity of a claim.

Modern man's common mistake is believing anything that came before us was festooned with idiocy and dumbasses. We can't even figure out exaclty how the pyramids were made, or Puma Punku was carved. Or where the Incas went.

While I agree that people are by and large ignorant about the distant past, and in particular ignorant on the capabilities of ancient peoples, you need some better examples.

There are several suggestions about methods used in building pyramids, all of whicvh are viable. Which one they used hasn't been answered yet (and may never be) but all of them would have worked. You seem to require eyewitnesses to 5,000 year old events. I remind you here that even eyewitness testimoney is extremely suspect in most cases.

There isn't any real question about "how" stone was carved, at Pumapunku or elsewhere.

The Inca didn't go anywhere. They were there when Europeans got here and are still there today.

Harte

There's also several different opinions on how that piece of aluminum that looks like a gear track got into coal.

We can argue till we're all blue in the face, but we have to be honest, none of us knows because we don't have the evidence in our hands. Also, no matter what 1 scientist declares there will always be another to shoot down his argument (thus the several explanations on how the pyramids were built).

My opinion is that throughout time there have been dozens of advanced civilizations. It does not take long for a civilization to crumble back into the earth, and we can tell by the fossil records that almost all advanced life on earth through out the history has had the bipedal + 2 upper limbs in common.

Look at more modern history, I think we've lost more about our ancestors than we've ever known, even since man could write.

I would not be at all surprised if that piece of metal were either a remnant of an ancient civilization, a part trawled through time, or extraterrestrial.

I'll point to the Baigong Pipes as a interesting mystery that has several vapid explanations on how they were made.

Who says time is linear?

Entropy

First one with the right answer will win an All expenses paid trip for two on the Mars wackin-bush Imaginary Space Hotel Ship ! All aboard !!

Where they may dine at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, of course.

That Brahma really knows how to clean up then. Dose he,it whatever do houses? :tu:

Is this like a Brahma bull or something?

I read through the article and this thread and find this article quite lacking in substance. Some of the issues have already been discussed in this thread, but I will go over my own thoughts on this, some of which have been mentioned.

1. The article claims that the piece is imbedded in 300My old coal. That is the dating. It hardly matters if this is 1My or 500My to be a significant find.
  2. It is easy to find such claims from creationist sites which trumpet reports from places such as the American Antiquarian and their fun facts about Civil War buttons found in coal.
  3. The object itself was not dated to 300Ma, but is associated with the coal which is dated to 300Ma.
  4. The dating of the coal is not done by carbon dating which can only go back 100Ky in the best of circumstances. The coal is dated by dating the associated fossils and the bounding layers on each side of the coal seam.
  5. The article claims a vase found in 500My old coal. No coal formed 500Ma.
  6. Then it claims an iron pot was found in 1901 in 312Ma coal. There was no way to determine that accuracy in dating in 1901.
  7. Then it claims a find in 1974 and gives it Jurassic Age. Over 70 years later and a rough age is given.
  8. The article goes on to show a reconstruction which shows gears interacting although the other parts were not found.
  9. Then the article shows a photo of what appear to be crinoids and labels them parts of a machine.
  10. Next they show a vase with fine inlaid silver. That silver would not last long in the environment. Also, there was no coal formed in the Cambrian. The 534Ma date could not be determined in 1851.
  11. The photo of the hammer appears to show an old hammer imbedded in a concretion. Concretions can form in a year

Such claims have come out of Russia every few years. There was the case of the 300My old bolt recently that was just a crinoid stem.

• Like 1

I love the expression "experts say..." It is generally a sign that some industrial strength BS is on the way.

I love the expression "experts say..." It is generally a sign that some industrial strength BS is on the way.

Especially if you google said experts and they don't exist. Or, if no names are given at all.

[Discussing the fate of the Ark]

Maj. Eaton: We have top men working on it now.

Indiana: Who?

Maj. Eaton: Top... men.

• Like 1

Either old tech or some ones messing with temporal distortion or....

its all made up,.

Checked this out a while back and one of the images looked doctored to me, as though a rough Photoshop job had been done.

The pixels around the blend between the 'metal' and the coal was larger than the pixels of the coal it was 'supposedly' buried in.

And yes, I am proficient in the use of high end digital applications....

But still, it would be fascinating if there was some truth to these revelations...

Especially if you google said experts and they don't exist. Or, if no names are given at all.

Yep