Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The bloop sound and mermaids

Feanor

I was watching a show that aired yesterday on Discovery Channel: Mermaids, The body found.

This show was like a sci-fi with some real facts involved such as: The 1990 U.S NAVY Sonar covert operations, the 1997 recording of the Bloop sound by NOAA, the paintings found in an Egyptian cave of men and mermaid like creatures hunting fish together with dolphins, similar to what still happens in some regions of the world such as in some regions of South America, this cave was at the sea level thousands of years ago. They also use the Sea Ape theory which is a real theory studied by many scientists that suggest that men had an ancestral that lived in the oceans.

As I've said above, the show was like a Sci-Fi based on some facts and was a bit disappointing because I was expecting more possible scientific evidences.

What I found really interesting was the 5000 years old paintings in which we can clearly see figure like mermaids with fish nets and harpoons hunting sardines with men and dolphins.

To read more about this cave, see the following link: http://en.wikipedia....ave_of_Swimmers

Maybe this explain why savage dolphins, never domesticated by men, rarely are afraid of men.

I had the chance of see personally this happen when I was diving last year. Dolphins came out of nowhere and stayed with us for minutes. They never had contact with us before and allowed to touch them, swing by their side and dive with us. That is a very intriguing behavior for a mammal that never have been trained.

So, we know that the surface of the moon have been more explored than our oceans. What if there are really some kind of humanoid creature living in the oceans. What if they are good in hiding and have never been found.

What are your thoughts about this subject?

In my opinion, IF something like this really exists, I hope they are never found by men. We've proved to be very bat at relationship with anything. Certainly, human race would destroy the possible mermaids in no time.

What is interesting nonetheless is that many cultures that never communicated with each other due to distance or the gap in ages between them have many representations of mermaid like creatures.

So, if you know anything more about this subject, thoughts, etc. Please, share with us. I would love to read what you think about it.

PS. Sorry my bad English, it is not my first language.

• Like 1

I saw that show as well. I enjoyed the historical representation of how mermaids appear in some ancient heiroglyphs and how they may have "evolved" from an early hominid ancestor.

The Bloop recordings themselves are eerie at the least but hard to say what they really are but theres something to sonar and it causing "pain" to sealife.

The video footage is suspect at best but would be fascinating if true.

Water fairies causing the bloop? That's an interesting notion. Water folk are sometimes spoken of having the powers of a siren, so I guess it could make sense.

This is some of the better evidence...spears...

If the iceshelf broke because of sonar testing then we have bigger problems then mermaids.

Sorry thats not the bloop attributed to mermaids. Im looking for it.

Edited by AsteroidX

It's just a whale "pooping" and sounds like "blooping"

It's Nature.

:w00t:

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 4

Oh well I guess the Bloop NOAHH ex scientists put up got pulled out of circulation. I guess thats what happens when you record military sonar testing. But it is definently a different Bloop and actually the entire show has been pulled from video circulation.

Wasn't that mermaid thing a mockumentary? I love that style of film making, along with found footage, it just ruins it (or makes it hilarious!) when people believe this stuff.

• Like 6

Yes hassina a good bit of it was a hackumentary but there was a some NOAHH scientist that quit there jobs and exposed some classified naval recordings that hjad what appeared to be "mermaids crying" during a sonar test that the military performed which coincided with mass beachings of sealife. Other sealife can be heard on the Bloop as well.

It is very likely that they will give an excuse or justification to the "Bloop sound" if we came to find something we shouldn't or something they would like to keep secret. Especially if it involves military stuff.

I don’t know, but the Iceberg story seems just to deviate people attention of whatever really happened and this isn’t necessarily about mermaids. It could really be some sort of secret military test and NOAA might have “stomped” on it.

Also, if we came to find another humanoid race living right under our noses, some historical and maybe even religious stuff would have to be rewritten.

I don’t know. Some parts of the show were very interesting, full of historical facts. I really enjoyed some of it. A part of me wants to believe that if not now, maybe in some part of our planet history, this aquatic humanoid being really existed.

Yeah. That was the "fun" part of the story.

But now Ive found the Bloop was taken down by DHS Im po'd. Its like them hiding UFO evidence. That Bloop was innoculous enough it should not have been pulled. Everyone knows the navy tests sonar. The outcry over it causing mass beachings is probably part of why they pulled it. I mean weaponized sonar. They cant let the public know about that.

Wasn't that mermaid thing a mockumentary? I love that style of film making, along with found footage, it just ruins it (or makes it hilarious!) when people believe this stuff.

Yeah. The so said footage are so crappy that it ruins everything. They shouldn't include that stuff on the documentary. I believe that footage where we can see a hand coming in and trying to reach the fisherman is fake as hell. I even had the feeling that the scientists that are presented as the real persons are actors as well. Not the ones on the dramatization scenes which are indeed actors.

The parts I found interesting where the historical facts such as the paintings on the Swimmers Cave, etc, the sea ape theory, etc.

Those were real ex NOAHH scientists that stole the Bloop.

Those were real ex NOAHH scientists that stole the Bloop.

Ah.. I see. Well, I hadn't researched on them... Ty for the info tho.

I will read more about the Bloop specifically later.

The doctor that was involved had his Domain seized as well as many others which seems to be shown here.

http://beyond-contact.com/post/23932084117/follow-up-to-this-post

Thats the thing. The Bloop is gone from the Internet. Seized by DHS.

Maybe this explain why savage dolphins, never domesticated by men, rarely are afraid of men.

I had the chance of see personally this happen when I was diving last year. Dolphins came out of nowhere and stayed with us for minutes. They never had contact with us before and allowed to touch them, swing by their side and dive with us. That is a very intriguing behavior for a mammal that never have been trained.

It's amazing behaviour. Also amazing are the close encounters with large whales. That these giant animals can be so gentle and delicate when close to humans is quite incredible. Just with the size of their bodies one is amazed that they not by accident drown or injure those near them.

Look at these two clips. The first a man and daughter in a canoe has an close encounter. When the whale almost goes under the canoe, but instead roll over on his back, it's almost like he is asking for a belly-rub :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgMZCnEr5QM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scL3Z3Dd0iw

The parts I found interesting where the historical facts such as the paintings on the Swimmers Cave, etc, the sea ape theory, etc.

Those aren't really historical facts. There is no indication (outside this "documentary" work of fiction) Cave of Swimmers paintings depict mermaids instead of swimming humans, and the Aquatic Ape Theory has been thoroughly discredited and is generally accepted to be utter nonsense.

As for the Bloop, while one can fantasise about all kinds of government coverups, but the fact remains that the Bloop sounds just like an icequake. If you would get your hands on recordings of icequakes, which should be obtainable, you could come to the same conclusion. As for the "uncovered" coverup, I fear that the person responsible for that blog fell for Discovery Channel's viral advertising for the Mermaids film.

• Like 2

The theory has been discredited by government agencies and skeptics. I dont call that credible.

As I mentioned the Bloop in question has been pulled off the net by DHS. So take your icebergs and suck on em or put em in your brandy.

Edited by AsteroidX

The theory has been discredited by government agencies and skeptics. I dont call that credible.

Nonsense. It has been discredited by independent palaeontologists and anthropologists, using rational arguments. Feel free to take a swipe at their actual arguments, instead of plugging your ears and shouting "la-la-la, I can't hear you, you evil government boogeymen".

As I mentioned the Bloop in question has been pulled off the net by DHS. So take your icebergs and suck on em or put em in your brandy.

Please provide any proof to this statement that is not Discovery Channel viral advertising.

• Like 1

check out my links that have been seized by DHS. There is nothing left.

check out my links that have been seized by DHS. There is nothing left.

That's the viral advertising. Do a WHOIS search on the domains. Wait, no, I already did that for you

Domain Name.......... drpaulrobertson.com

Creation Date........ 2011-10-13

Registration Date.... 2011-10-13

Expiry Date.......... 2013-10-13

Organisation Name.... Discovery Communications, LLC

Organisation Address. One Discovery Place

Organisation Address.

Organisation Address.

Organisation Address. Silver Spring

Organisation Address. 20910

Organisation Address. MD

Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Domain Name.......... mermaidsarealive.com

Organisation Address.

Organisation Address.

Organisation Address. Maryland

Domain Name.......... believeinmermaids.com

Organisation Address.

Organisation Address.

Organisation Address. Maryland

All of these websites were registered on the same day by Discovery Communications. They are viral advertisement, they never contained anything but the fake DHS takedown image.

• Like 2

The doctor that was involved had his Domain seized as well as many others which seems to be shown here.

http://beyond-contac...up-to-this-post

Thats the thing. The Bloop is gone from the Internet. Seized by DHS.

I'm pretty sure that's fake. The tab should change to a government seizure tab, and it does not. There isn't any redirect like there should be. The source code is wrong. The site gets an image title on hover, and actual seized sites don't.

And the Bloop is still easily found on the internet. http://www.pmel.noaa...unds/bloop.html

[media=]

[/media]

Thats not the bloop from the Discovery show. Thats what Im trying to find.