Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The bloop sound and mermaids

Feanor

Ill say again thats not the bloop from the discovery show. Its been pulled from the net.

God I hate this crap. Heres the BLOOP....starts at around 30 seconds. In the last video.

http://animal.discov...os/mermaids.htm

or not they started the bloop buy didnt finish it.

Edited by AsteroidX

Honestly, I'm confused Asteroid... First you say the NOAHH bloop is not what you are looking for, then you ask why Discovery pulled the NOAHH bloop? And the fake seized websites were about mermaids but not bloops?

Edit: looked at the link you put up.. 30 seconds in there is a noise, but to me it sounds like a sound effect. It was kind of akin to the horns from the air kind of sound effect that has become popular.

Edited by rashore

The bloop was part of the Discovery show. Which has been pulled from every source including you tube bans. Its just not there anymore. I know I heard it a year ago. So I know what I heard. I know it was on the net back then. Now its gone. What else can I say.

Yeah it starts with common whale noises which is what you heard then theres a sonar weapon test then then the cryptoid noises follow.. But I cant prove it.

Wasn't that mermaid thing a mockumentary? I love that style of film making, along with found footage, it just ruins it (or makes it hilarious!) when people believe this stuff.

Yeah, there was something similar a few years back where they 'pretended' Dragons were real. It had 'science fact' mixed in with the whole fantasy. It was enjoyable to watch, but at no point did I think it was real.

I tried to have a discussion with one of my co-workers, but he was so convinced it was real that there was no arguing. I left him to his bliss.

Dont get me wrong I wasnt trying to say mermaids are real I was just trying to find the real Bloop as other fake bloops were posted and got frustrated because I couldnt find it. Then ran into "pulled stuff". Just struck me as odd.

Yeah, there was something similar a few years back where they 'pretended' Dragons were real. It had 'science fact' mixed in with the whole fantasy. It was enjoyable to watch, but at no point did I think it was real.

I tried to have a discussion with one of my co-workers, but he was so convinced it was real that there was no arguing. I left him to his bliss.

Was that the one where they postulated different ways dragons could've 'thrown' fire, that they probably evolved from six limbed creatures (wings, forearms and rear legs), and etc and so forth?

Dont get me wrong I wasnt trying to say mermaids are real I was just trying to find the real Bloop as other fake bloops were posted and got frustrated because I couldnt find it. Then ran into "pulled stuff". Just struck me as odd.

The "bloop" is an actual known and recorded event. The bloop as depicted on the Mermaids: The Body Found is fictitious.

Was that the one where they postulated different ways dragons could've 'thrown' fire, that they probably evolved from six limbed creatures (wings, forearms and rear legs), and etc and so forth?

I remember two that came out around the same time. One was narrated by Patrick Stewart who got crazy into it when the dragons started mating.

• Like 1

Thats possible. I was searching for it to post it.

Regardless if its real or not I still enjoyed the doco. :su

The "bloop" is an actual known and recorded event. The bloop as depicted on the Mermaids: The Body Found is fictitious.

I remember two that came out around the same time. One was narrated by Patrick Stewart who got crazy into it when the dragons started mating.

Patrick Stewart narrating dragon mating? Me oh my! -faints-

So Bloop recording, totes real, unknown source.

Mermaid documentary? Full of Pollocks. -ba-dum-tsh-

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 1

I was watching a show that aired yesterday on Discovery Channel: Mermaids, The body found.

This show was like a sci-fi with some real facts involved such as: The 1990 U.S NAVY Sonar covert operations, the 1997 recording of the Bloop sound by NOAA, the paintings found in an Egyptian cave of men and mermaid like creatures hunting fish together with dolphins, similar to what still happens in some regions of the world such as in some regions of South America, this cave was at the sea level thousands of years ago. They also use the Sea Ape theory which is a real theory studied by many scientists that suggest that men had an ancestral that lived in the oceans.

As I've said above, the show was like a Sci-Fi based on some facts and was a bit disappointing because I was expecting more possible scientific evidences.

What I found really interesting was the 5000 years old paintings in which we can clearly see figure like mermaids with fish nets and harpoons hunting sardines with men and dolphins.

To read more about this cave, see the following link: http://en.wikipedia....ave_of_Swimmers

Maybe this explain why savage dolphins, never domesticated by men, rarely are afraid of men.

I had the chance of see personally this happen when I was diving last year. Dolphins came out of nowhere and stayed with us for minutes. They never had contact with us before and allowed to touch them, swing by their side and dive with us. That is a very intriguing behavior for a mammal that never have been trained.

So, we know that the surface of the moon have been more explored than our oceans. What if there are really some kind of humanoid creature living in the oceans. What if they are good in hiding and have never been found.

What are your thoughts about this subject?

In my opinion, IF something like this really exists, I hope they are never found by men. We've proved to be very bat at relationship with anything. Certainly, human race would destroy the possible mermaids in no time.

What is interesting nonetheless is that many cultures that never communicated with each other due to distance or the gap in ages between them have many representations of mermaid like creatures.

So, if you know anything more about this subject, thoughts, etc. Please, share with us. I would love to read what you think about it.

PS. Sorry my bad English, it is not my first language.

I saw a UM topic I didn't read about government saying there are NO mermaids and I thought why would they make an official statement like that! I mean even when presented with "alien" or ufo contacts they usually say not evidence or it can be explained not that the remote possibility doesn't exist. To me it meant we must be close to a something else they don't want people to know about.

Later I saw the end of the "mermaid" show you mention. I could see some possibilities of a old species of fish developing arms like a frog, if it were old enough why not more intelligent like dophins.

I came to the opinion about 25 years ago when I heard a big fish tail in Florida. The fisherman swore it was true but it was brushed off as being a seacow sighting. He knew the difference. I never saw a mermaid but I try keep an open mind to new species being discovered especially now when the oceans are polluted in so many areas and military testings. Undiscovered ocean species may migrate differently or be beached. I wonder now what would make a BIG issue of the possibility of the mermaid legend having a link to a real species?

I smell lots of rats not mermaids!

Edited by White Unicorn

The bloop was part of the Discovery show. Which has been pulled from every source including you tube bans. Its just not there anymore. I know I heard it a year ago. So I know what I heard. I know it was on the net back then. Now its gone. What else can I say.

Yeah it starts with common whale noises which is what you heard then theres a sonar weapon test then then the cryptoid noises follow.. But I cant prove it.

Probably Discovery edited the original Bloop recording to fit their self-professed "science fiction" feature film. It wasn't a documentary, it was fiction, akin to the Oil Gobblers (look it up, it's a brilliant Czech cryptozoology-themed fake documentary) They took down the youtube videos because they were infringing on the copyrights of Discovery Communications.

• Like 1

Regardless if its real or not I still enjoyed the doco. :su

And that was the point. So did I. It was entertainment fueled by some science and a lot of speculation.

Patrick Stewart narrating dragon mating? Me oh my! -faints-

So Bloop recording, totes real, unknown source.

Mermaid documentary? Full of Pollocks. -ba-dum-tsh-

Found the clip of some hot dragon-on-dragon action with Picard doing the play-by-play. From Discovery's Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsWEE1EOGo

you are all fools.

fools I tell you.

you have broight the official line, taken the king's soverign and are patsies for the system if you believe that the bloop is ice melting, or crying mermaids or whatwver other nonsense you've been fed and now attempt to feed others.

the truth is that the "bloop" was our dread lord Cthulu caling to his minions, teling them to rise up. Or he was farting in bed, we have yet to ascertain which, howver gien the abaense of risen Cthulonoc minons, the later is probably more right.

• Like 1

I was watching a show that aired yesterday on Discovery Channel: Mermaids, The body found.

This show was like a sci-fi with some real facts involved such as: The 1990 U.S NAVY Sonar covert operations, the 1997 recording of the Bloop sound by NOAA, the paintings found in an Egyptian cave of men and mermaid like creatures hunting fish together with dolphins, similar to what still happens in some regions of the world such as in some regions of South America, this cave was at the sea level thousands of years ago. They also use the Sea Ape theory which is a real theory studied by many scientists that suggest that men had an ancestral that lived in the oceans.

As I've said above, the show was like a Sci-Fi based on some facts and was a bit disappointing because I was expecting more possible scientific evidences.

What I found really interesting was the 5000 years old paintings in which we can clearly see figure like mermaids with fish nets and harpoons hunting sardines with men and dolphins.

To read more about this cave, see the following link: http://en.wikipedia....ave_of_Swimmers

Maybe this explain why savage dolphins, never domesticated by men, rarely are afraid of men.

I had the chance of see personally this happen when I was diving last year. Dolphins came out of nowhere and stayed with us for minutes. They never had contact with us before and allowed to touch them, swing by their side and dive with us. That is a very intriguing behavior for a mammal that never have been trained.

So, we know that the surface of the moon have been more explored than our oceans. What if there are really some kind of humanoid creature living in the oceans. What if they are good in hiding and have never been found.

What are your thoughts about this subject?

In my opinion, IF something like this really exists, I hope they are never found by men. We've proved to be very bat at relationship with anything. Certainly, human race would destroy the possible mermaids in no time.

What is interesting nonetheless is that many cultures that never communicated with each other due to distance or the gap in ages between them have many representations of mermaid like creatures.

So, if you know anything more about this subject, thoughts, etc. Please, share with us. I would love to read what you think about it.

PS. Sorry my bad English, it is not my first language.

Mermaids the Body Found was a mockumentary that was complete fiction.

The Bloop has been PROVEN to be an icequake.

• Like 1