Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baby boom in England

freetoroam

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/at-a-glance/main-section/maternity-services-warning-amid-uk-baby-boom-1-5335992

A BABY boom has pushed maternity services in the UK to a “crucial tipping point”, with midwives under intense strain and hospitals struggling to cope.

The fastest-growing number of births was found in Corby, Northants, where births jumped 63 per cent between 2002 and 2011.

That is almost three times faster than the England-wide rise of 21.6 per cent.

Other baby boom hotspots include Bournemouth, where births rose by 54.1 per cent, Boston in Lincolnshire (53.5 per cent), the London borough of Barking and Dagenham (53.5 per cent), Slough (50.4 per cent), Norwich (48.7 per cent), Peterborough (45.6 per cent), Watford (43.7 per cent), Southampton (42.9 per cent) and Bristol (42.7 per cent).

=======================================

On the news this evening it has said many are of immigrant mothers. Ok, not saying they can not have children, but this is getting ridiculous. One person said on a thread that the population growth was going down....well not on our little island it is not.

How are all these children going to be schooled, schools are already bursting in inner cities, where will all the jobs come from when they get to job seeking age, jobs are scarce already in many areas.

I will point out that Corby is highly populated with immigrants.. are they breeding because it is in their blood, they are doing what their ancestors did back in their countries? or are they breeding because they know that once they have a child, they will not get deported? or is it because they know they will get housing? or maybe they do not care as they know the tax payer will fund everything anyway, medical and schooling fees?

i am not just saying it is immigrants, because if it was we would be outbred in years....maybe this is another reason? one particular "religion" has already stated that is their intention!, to outbreed us westerners.

• Like 2

Immigrants do have a lot of kids and they will overtake the rest of the population. Need to set birth limits so it doesn't change the country itself into the country they came from.

• Like 4

I'm gonna sit this one out - My views on immigration are probably a little to the Right of Genghis Khan!

• Like 4

Weird mine are Left of Stalin. Ill sit this out too.

• Like 4

Immigrants do have a lot of kids and they will overtake the rest of the population. Need to set birth limits so it doesn't change the country itself into the country they came from.

Immigrants.. The amount the UK allow in each year, it's no wonder there is a gigantic baby boom... When I was in having Aaron, the wards and maternity clinics were FULL of immigrants.. I felt as if I were in a foreign county...It is going to be rare to hear an Irish accent over here in the next 50 years or less..

• Like 2

Immigrants.. The amount the UK allow in each year, it's no wonder there is a gigantic baby boom... When I was in having Aaron, the wards and maternity clinics were FULL of immigrants.. I felt as if I were in a foreign county...It is going to be rare to hear an Irish accent over here in the next 50 years or less..

I do not fully blame the immigrants, I also blame the lefty brigade for being so naive, did they think that people coming from countries where having 3 to 8 children is the norm, would suddenly only have 1? If they can come to a country where the government are willing to pay for all their health care and schooling fees and look after their housing needs once they have children, then who can really blame them? But the bubble will burst one day and we will be dragged in to the realms of the 3rd world in many areas.

The tax payers will not being to keep funding all this, especially if they say people are living for longer and jobs are getting scarcer, what does the future hold for the next generation?

• Like 3

THAT makes me sad. I'm sure I'll be thought of as racist but I guess it's more a sign that I'm getting older and just don't handle change as well. The UK that I grew up knowing from media and a few friends is changing forever and, imo, not for the better. The same for the US.
  • Like 5

I do not fully blame the immigrants, I also blame the lefty brigade for being so naive, did they think that people coming from countries where having 3 to 8 children is the norm, would suddenly only have 1? If they can come to a country where the government are willing to pay for all their health care and schooling fees and look after their housing needs once they have children, then who can really blame them? But the bubble will burst one day and we will be dragged in to the realms of the 3rd world in many areas.

The tax payers will not being to keep funding all this, especially if they say people are living for longer and jobs are getting scarcer, what does the future hold for the next generation?

What has gotten to a lot of people in the UK and in Ireland is the jobs all been taken away and handed to the immigrants for cheaper wages ...

THAT makes me sad. I'm sure I'll be thought of as racist but I guess it's more a sign that I'm getting older and just don't handle change as well. The UK that I grew up knowing from media and a few friends is changing forever and, imo, not for the better. The same for the US.

I am starting to think there are more immigrants over here than there are Irish ... What am I saying, there are more Irish in the USA than there are over here lol ..Gone will be the days when a tourist can come over, experience our culture...It will be more like experience MULTI cultures...take your pick lol... Trying to spot an Irish man will be harder than playing Where's Wally :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

What has gotten to a lot of people in the UK and in Ireland is the jobs all been taken away and handed to the immigrants for cheaper wages ...

yes, and many companies have taken the businesses abroad, mostly to the countries where these immigrants are coming from???!!! Its a lose lose situation for us.

• Like 2

yes, and many companies have taken the businesses abroad, mostly to the countries where these immigrants are coming from???!!! Its a lose lose situation for us.

That is why we decided to run our own home business.. My husband runs his own Satellite and Aerial business, and is doing well on his own...I too am working from home.. He said if he earns enough money, he may look into going to the USA and setting up business there too..I think that is a long way off... He has it in his head he can make it much bigger.. One day he might though..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

That is why we decided to run our own home business.. My husband runs his own Satellite and Aerial business, and is doing well on his own...I too am working from home.. He said if he earns enough money, he may look into going to the USA and setting up business there too..I think that is a long way off... He has it in his head he can make it much bigger.. One day he might though..

My husband has his own business. He has received emails from India for a search engine optimization, he has told them "I do not give people from India my business when I can do it with the English"

• Like 3

My husband has his own business. He has received emails from India for a search engine optimization, he has told them "I do not give people from India my business when I can do it with the English"

At the present, the only thing that bugs my hubby are the constant calls from advertisers ..Some days it is non stop.. He does advertise his business with flyers and news paper ads, and on line.. but he is still forever hounded by more and more advertisers ..

At the present, the only thing that bugs my hubby are the constant calls from advertisers ..Some days it is non stop.. He does advertise his business with flyers and news paper ads, and on line.. but he is still forever hounded by more and more advertisers ..

its getting tough out there work wise, so the hounds are out every minute they can get to push their adverts.....hence the part of my post where i said what will happen in future to the booming next generation when its already tough to find work today for many?

• Like 1

Its the same way here and a lot of them don't want to speak English or become integrated. We get a lot of illegal immigrants that cost taxpayers far more than most think. I think we, and the world, are getting too crowded to let this continue. Most of them don't know the meaning of birth control.
  • Like 1

It doesn't help when local authorities openly practice racial discrimination on the indigenous population.

My wifes sister works at a local pre-school nursery. The school is funded by the local authority using a 'points' system. the maximum number of 'points' are given to children of non paying immigrant parents (specifically polish) The upshot of this funding system is that the children of local british people (who by the way have to pay fees) are turned away with the priority going to non paying immigrant parents. If somebody suggested opening a school & giving priority to british children over immigrant children can you imagine the screams of horror & accusations of racism coming from some quarters of the population?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

And there are people out there who still think all this immigration into Britain (the vast majority of it into England) is a good thing.

For years the Left has been told that a small country like Britain cannot cope with the vast amount of immigration that it receives and that it'll be only a matter of time before public services like hospitals and schools etc will struggle to cope.

But the Left kept rubbishing those ideas, calling anyone who said such things "racists" and "BNP".

But now, as so often, the Left have been proven wrong as it's shown that maternity wards are struggling to cope with the influx.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 1

Need to set birth limits so it doesn't change the country itself into the country they came from.

No. We need to set immigration limits after the government has completed its task of reducing immigration into Britain from the hundreds of thousands - which was what the last Labour Government increased it to because they know that most immigrants vote for them and also because they "wanted to rub the Right's nose in diversity" - to the tens of thousands.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 1

It doesn't help when local authorities openly practice racial discrimination on the indigenous population.

My wifes sister works at a local pre-school nursery. The school is funded by the local authority using a 'points' system. the maximum number of 'points' are given to children of non paying immigrant parents (specifically polish) The upshot of this funding system is that the children of local british people (who by the way have to pay fees) are turned away with the priority going to non paying immigrant parents. If somebody suggested opening a school & giving priority to british children over immigrant children can you imagine the screams of horror & accusations of racism coming from some quarters of the population?

It this kind of "preferences" by the government / local councils which cause a lot of the problems. i have seen incidents where even the non indigenous think its not fair and they do not like being put in a position by these stupid 'rules', it causes an inbalance in race relations, but i must point out that there are also many "communities" which want it.

For a country where we constantly hear the word equality thrown at us by the government, this is no way showing people good practice of equality.

And as for the word diversity, we again are being told to be diverse and yet it seems to be more of an 80% thing on our part, many an immigrant out there who have no intentions of being diverse.

And there are people out there who still think all this immigration into Britain (the vast majority of it into England) is a good thing.

For years the Left has been told that a small country like Britain cannot cope with the vast amount of immigration that it receives and that it'll be only a matter of time before public services like hospitals and schools etc will struggle to cope.

But the Left kept rubbishing those ideas, calling anyone who said such things "racists" and "BNP".

But now, as so often, the Left have been proven wrong as it's shown that maternity wards are struggling to cope with the influx.

The annoying thing about it is others could see it, and as you say they were called racists, fascist, NF, BNP, Freedom of speech left this country for good for the British when the lefties deciding we could not cope without them....., our forefathers managed well enough building this country over the years, I am sure we could have managed just fine with out the help of Tombi, Dicra and Hamza.

Nothing wrong with a bit of immigration, but this has just got way out of hand! And now it seems they may well out breed us in years to come.

itsnotoutthere, on 21 January 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

They call that "positive discrimination."

• Like 1

They call that "positive discrimination."

I got to laugh for the sheer stupity and hypocrisy of it all!

The annoying thing about it is others could see it, and as you say they were called racists, fascist, NF, BNP, Freedom of speech left this country for good for the British when the lefties deciding we could not cope without them....., our forefathers managed well enough building this country over the years, I am sure we could have managed just fine with out the help of Tombi, Dicra and Hamza.

Nothing wrong with a bit of immigration, but this has just got way out of hand! And now it seems they may well out breed us in years to come.

Freedom of speech only extends to those who agree with the lefty worldview.

Anyone who disagrees with the lefty worldview is a "racist" and should be ignored.

That's how the left see it, anyway.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 2

Sucs when your country is overrun by foreigners who do not want to fitt in, who impose their beliefs on the local population, impose their own language, culture, force the indigious to forget their own language, culture, religion. Slowly they become the minority in their own country.

Well, se la vie.