Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

History behind the Law Of Attraction?

seeking8

I read a lot about the Law of attraction and have started to learn over the past year. I would like to understand some of the history behind it if anyone can help :) where it started ? cultures who used it ? and how it has worked for u ? :)

I think it started back when the first male and females walked the planet. I think what attracts one to another is different for each individual. I use to know someone that was attracted to only brunettes so when I had another friend that was blonde interested in them I knew it wasn't going to work.

Edited by Hilander

I think what 'seeking8' is referring to is that concept that movies like "The Secret" presented. That somehow just thinking "really hard" about something will make it happen or if you don't want something like mortgage bills that all you have to do is basically ignore them and it all goes away. It's dangerous nonsense.

If you want something then you have to actively go after it instead of just wishing. Want a job? Go look for one, apply at places. Want a new book? Go shopping for one. Go online and go to bookstores. Want an Ipad? Then go shop for one. Simple.

• Like 2

If it does then its not working for me. I think really hard all the time about what I want and I still don't get it. I may just be looking for it from the wrong person.

I think what 'seeking8' is referring to is that concept that movies like "The Secret" presented. That somehow just thinking "really hard" about something will make it happen or if you don't want something like mortgage bills that all you have to do is basically ignore them and it all goes away. It's dangerous nonsense.

If you want something then you have to actively go after it instead of just wishing. Want a job? Go look for one, apply at places. Want a new book? Go shopping for one. Go online and go to bookstores. Want an Ipad? Then go shop for one. Simple.

And I agree with you that you have to work for things if you want them. I use it more for the positive thinking not for wishes as it has helped me think more positive which has helped me become more focused on goals.

If it does then its not working for me. I think really hard all the time about what I want and I still don't get it. I may just be looking for it from the wrong person.

I use the law of Attraction to help me with positive thinking which can help you focus on what u want out of life :)

The 'law of attraction' stuff can help a person to have a positive attitude, but one still has to get off the couch and do what's needed to attain success. There's just no magical method for getting what one desires in life. The recent book "The Secret" is really a bunch of male bovine feces IMO. People don't change reality by just thinking about something...you have to take things to the next step of actually doing something in order to change reality. For example, if Gates and Jobs just sat and thought about their ideas, never went out and marketed and developed their computer systems, our reality might be very different now.