Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Many Kids Vaccinated Late or Not at All

Render

About half of infants and young children in the United States receive vaccinations late or not at all, a new study suggests.

Between 2004 and 2008, about 49 percent of children ages 2 months to 2 years were "undervaccinated," meaning they received at least one vaccine or more a month later than is recommended by the current vaccine schedule. The percentage of undervaccinated children increased during the study period.

In about 13 percent of cases analyzed, parents intentionally delayed their child's vaccination, the researchers said.

Some parents say they intentionally delay vaccinations, because they are afraid their child is getting too many vaccines in too short a period, said study researcher Jason Glanz, a senior scientist at Kaiser Permanente's Institute for Health Research. However, research does not support such concerns — an Institute of Medicine report released last week found children who receive their vaccines on time are not at increased risk for medical conditions, such as developmental disorders.

http://www.livescience.com/26461-children-vaccines-delayed.html

A very dangerous game these parents are playing with the future of their children.

• Like 1

Any doctor with a clue,let's parents defer vaccinations until absolutely necessary .

This gives the child's immune system a chance to mature ,so it can better fend off anything thrown at it ,including the garbage in the vaccinations.

Some doctors ,because they lose a ton of money because of this,refuse to continue seeing some patients .

They tell the parents ,if you don't vaccinate the child,I just won't see them as a patient anymore

Tsk tsk , talk about UNprofessional .

• Like 2

Just ask the UK about drug companies BS found through the freedom of information act. I wish I never gave my kids a single vaccine.

• Like 2

A friend of mines older sister never got the Polio vaccine (She's around 34). She is now confined to a wheel chair due to the disease. My son just received his first two shots (at 2 months) and he will get all his shots until he is done. There are a number of preventable virus' and disease's that you can protect your child from.

However a flu vaccine to me is more of a game of Russian roulette because every year that I got the shot I got the Flu, but since I stopped getting the shot and washing my hands more often I can't remember the last time I got the flu, 6 years maybe? 7? This I believe was not due the shot but due to me contracting a different flu virus then the shot was intended for. I didn't practice as much hand washing but since I've started washing my hands more I hasn't gotten the flu. But since I have a son I'm going to get him get the flu shot, as his body is not as prepared for such a viral attack on his system.

~Thanato

• Like 1

There are children who die every year from being vaccinated because people are not told by there caring doctor that death is a possible side effect from receiving one. I will take my chance with my kids not getting a disease, as me and my siblings never have, then to purposely give them something that may cause them to die.

And by the way my Father was a Doctor.

Edited by Betrayal of Humanity
  • Like 1

I have no real data to back this up, but I would bet that the rate of Autism among those children that are not vaccinated is far less than those that do.

• Like 1

I have no real data to back this up, but I would bet that the rate of Autism among those children that are not vaccinated is far less than those that do.

:rolleyes: <--- cannot do this enough

but thank you for yet another example of the ignorant pretending they know better and sending out false information which stirs up a panic which creates a situation where children are undervaccinated and over time are exposed to diseases that should be eradicated by then. Great thinking!

• Like 3

:rolleyes: <--- cannot do this enough

but thank you for yet another example of the ignorant pretending they know better and sending out false information which stirs up a panic which creates a situation where children are undervaccinated and over time are exposed to diseases that should be eradicated by then. Great thinking!

Yet they have never done any real studies either :whistle:

Because there would not be any conflicts of interest either. Not that I am saying all shots are bad (some, like small-pox, polio, etc are a great thing). But everyone is so shot-happy these days... sometimes less can be more. Things like the flu and chickenpox seem like overkill imho (and yes I know in cases they can be deadly, but...the vast majority survive without any serious side effects). Therefore I have always tried to keep the number of shots I get to a bare minimum (not to mention shots and me usually don't mix well, :unsure: ).

Yeah I like not having small poxs and polio thanks. For all their issues vaccines have saved millions of lives and I'm damn glad we have them.

• Like 4

Yet they have never done any real studies either :whistle:

Because there would not be any conflicts of interest either. Not that I am saying all shots are bad (some, like small-pox, polio, etc are a great thing). But everyone is so shot-happy these days... sometimes less can be more. Things like the flu and chickenpox seem like overkill imho (and yes I know in cases they can be deadly, but...the vast majority survive without any serious side effects). Therefore I have always tried to keep the number of shots I get to a bare minimum (not to mention shots and me usually don't mix well, :unsure: ).

What do you mean with "they have never done any real studies"?

Do you still see frequent cases of polio or any other horrible affliction?

Or do you mean all the tests a potential vaccine must go through before it gets approved?

It's obvious ppl also don't think about others. Meaning if you do not vaccinate your child, and your child gets sick and there is another unvaccinated child , your child is now a serious health hazard to others.

Or flip it around, would you like it that another unvaccinated child gets sick in daycare and contaminates your unvaccinated child and your child dies because of it?

Or would you just say : i respect those parents' decision for creating a health hazard and killing my baby. Life is all about flipping coins.

Is a sense of responsibility really becoming that rare?

Edited by Render
  • Like 1

Maybe your ignorance and that of medical science. Just because something is not clinically measurable, people suffer for decades until their disease is "measurable". Vaccines have very short shelf lives. They put all sorts of things in them to increase that life. Things like formaldehyde and mercury. They say that the amounts are small (within safe levels) but modern medicine cannot measure their effects. Heavy metals accumulate in the body. It's known that heavy metals, especially mercury causes Connective Tissue and Auto Immune diseases. This is an area that Obamacare is not prepared to deal with and you throw in obesity and GMOs, we are heading for a perfect storm. Calling it a panic as a means to ignore it and remain blind is truly ignorant. This is something I know a little about. I am personally affected by it and by being so, am very aware of it. Modern medicine is simply too ignorant and it is fighting from moving beyond itself.

Maybe your ignorance and that of medical science. Just because something is not clinically measurable, people suffer for decades until their disease is "measurable". Vaccines have very short shelf lives. They put all sorts of things in them to increase that life. Things like formaldehyde and mercury. They say that the amounts are small (within safe levels) but modern medicine cannot measure their effects. Heavy metals accumulate in the body. It's known that heavy metals, especially mercury causes Connective Tissue and Auto Immune diseases. This is an area that Obamacare is not prepared to deal with and you throw in obesity and GMOs, we are heading for a perfect storm. Calling it a panic as a means to ignore it and remain blind is truly ignorant. This is something I know a little about. I am personally affected by it and by being so, am very aware of it. Modern medicine is simply too ignorant and it is fighting from moving beyond itself.

And yet you say:

amazingly enough.

• Like 1

Absolutely not true and provable through epidemiological studies.

Br Cornelius

Absolutely not true and provable through epidemiological studies.

Br Cornelius

You are naïve. It is inconclusive. It is far from provable. This just shows the arrogant state of modern medicine. I suppose you've seen the various commercials advertising one drug or another? They tell you how great it is for fixing your ailment. All you have to do is pop a pill. Then the ad goes on to say that you should ask your doctor if the medication is right for you. Then it'll state the disclaimer that side effects could include, rashes, loss of eye sight, or death! WHOA! This is the solution Modern Medicine has? Give us a generic pill and see what side effects there are, then give us another pill to treat those side effects which will lead to more side effects? Modern Medicine is still too young to understand the dynamics of Connective Tissue and Auto Immune diseases. Autism is an Auto Immunity Disorder and vaccines affect ones immunity system. The relationship is there.

However a flu vaccine to me is more of a game of Russian roulette because every year that I got the shot I got the Flu, but since I stopped getting the shot and washing my hands more often I can't remember the last time I got the flu, 6 years maybe? 7? This I believe was not due the shot but due to me contracting a different flu virus then the shot was intended for. I didn't practice as much hand washing but since I've started washing my hands more I hasn't gotten the flu. But since I have a son I'm going to get him get the flu shot, as his body is not as prepared for such a viral attack on his system.

~Thanato

So you're going to give your son a 'flu shot even though you believe this is 'Russian roulette' and even though you believe you got 'flu every year from a different virus than the one the shot was for? His little body is going to have to deal with the shot and then, more than likely, a different 'flu virus too.

I have no real data to back this up, but I bet if you ate a lot of hot food and pushed really really hard, you could shoot flaming aardvarks out of your ass.

Personally, I'd be much more concerned about my kids hanging out with the children of anti-vaxers vs the children of gun owners.

Edited by Rafterman

Personally, I'd be much more concerned about my kids hanging out with the children of anti-vaxers vs the children of gun owners.

Why? If you're kids are vaccinated, then why the concern?

• Like 1

It may not have flu shot data, but you're wrong. Just wrong.

http://www.aap.org/en-us/advocacy-and-policy/Documents/vaccinestudies.pdf

Also: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1651-2227.2005.tb01779.x/abstract;jsessionid=F5F6579F901D3E8B058A3F0E1F2E6E91.d01t03

Edited by Hasina

My friends daughter never her shots.they did not want her geting them.

Some say some shots cause autiusm.

That dumb dumb Piers Morgan had a flu shot on LIVE TV a couple weeks ago. He asked the TV DOC if its true that he might get the flu immediately after the shot and the good GOV sponsored DOC said NO. Ten days later Piers is sick.

Watch:

[media=]http://youtu.be/X5SQPPvR-JA[/media]

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

I felt the virus in me about a week ago. It's hard to explain, but I could "taste" it. Phlegmy throat, chest discomfort, bad headache that wouldn't respond to pain relievers, lack of appetite and a fever. I took my own "flu shot", a three month supply of Ascorbic Acid in two seconds, in a glass mixed with hot water and honey. I did this twice a day for two days. The virus cried uncle and my symptoms disappeared. I've done this six or seven times throughout my life now, so either these are all coincidences, or it works. And I was taking multivitamins too. What was interesting is that normally when I take that many vitamins, my pee changes color noticeably because I'm expelling what I don't need. That wasn't the case at this time.

There are products on the market that aim to preempt getting sick, such as 'Airborne'. I've found the trick is to get on it hard the MOMENT I begin to feel the slightest inkling of being sick. Or in the case of taking a flight where you're in a confined space with other potentially sick passengers, I load up before the flight anyway whether I feel sick or not.

• Like 1

So you're going to give your son a 'flu shot even though you believe this is 'Russian roulette' and even though you believe you got 'flu every year from a different virus than the one the shot was for? His little body is going to have to deal with the shot and then, more than likely, a different 'flu virus too.

Yes. My immune system is developed enough to handle the flu virus. His, not so much. Yes it is hit or miss, but i would rather have him get some protection then none at all. Children's bodies are not capable of fighting off as many serious illnesses and virus'. I would rather him get some help with that.

Why? If you're kids are vaccinated, then why the concern?

Such an absurd question can be answered with 15 seconds spent on Google.

Try it sometime.

That dumb dumb Piers Morgan had a flu shot on LIVE TV a couple weeks ago. He asked the TV DOC if its true that he might get the flu immediately after the shot and the good GOV sponsored DOC said NO. Ten days later Piers is sick.

Watch:

[media=]http://youtu.be/X5SQPPvR-JA[/media]

Because the flu is the ONLY illness people can contract, right?

I felt the virus in me about a week ago. It's hard to explain, but I could "taste" it. Phlegmy throat, chest discomfort, bad headache that wouldn't respond to pain relievers, lack of appetite and a fever. I took my own "flu shot", a three month supply of Ascorbic Acid in two seconds, in a glass mixed with hot water and honey. I did this twice a day for two days. The virus cried uncle and my symptoms disappeared. I've done this six or seven times throughout my life now, so either these are all coincidences, or it works. And I was taking multivitamins too. What was interesting is that normally when I take that many vitamins, my pee changes color noticeably because I'm expelling what I don't need. That wasn't the case at this time.

There are products on the market that aim to preempt getting sick, such as 'Airborne'. I've found the trick is to get on it hard the MOMENT I begin to feel the slightest inkling of being sick. Or in the case of taking a flight where you're in a confined space with other potentially sick passengers, I load up before the flight anyway whether I feel sick or not.

No, your pee changed color because you were p***ing out all of the ascorbic acid you ingested.

Congratulations, you made expensive pee.