Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

are aliens likely to exist or not?

ali smack

All the major religions are full of alien and UFO sightings and close encounters going back thousands of years, but they're called angels, demons, jinn, clouds etc.

Ezekiel's biblical close encounter is a classic, here's an artists reconstruction of what he saw based on his eyewitness account-

ezekielswheel.jpg

http://www.thelightside.org/EARSite/ears_ufos_biblefiles1.html

All the major religions are full of alien and UFO sightings and close encounters going back thousands of years, but they're called angels, demons, jinn, clouds etc.

Ezekiel's biblical close encounter is a classic, here's an artists reconstruction of what he saw based on his eyewitness account-

Erm no they are not. They are full of 'symbolic descriptions' that you can interpret how you like

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

The Alan Godfrey case was real X-files type stuff. If memory serves me correctly he was also involved in a murder investigation where the deceased appeared to killed under unusual circumstances, possibly a UFO.

ufo_adamski_150.jpg

Zigmund Adamski's body was discoverd in a coal yard

Alan Godfrey was one of the two officers to inspect the body of the deceased Zigmund Adamski. Adamski's body was found lying on a heap of coal in Tomlin's coal yard in the town of Todmorden at 15:45 on Wednesday June 11, 1980. Godfrey's inspection revealed that the body had been crudely dressed: he was wearing an overcoat and a vest, but no shirt. His jacket was fastened unevenly, the fly of his trousers was unzipped, and his shoes were not tied properly. Godfrey thought that the shoes seemed as though they had been placed on Adamski's feet by someone else.[3] The forensic inspection of the body revealed that he had died of a heart attack, and had been dead for at least 8 hours before the police arrived.[3] There were other unusual circumstances as well: Though Adamski was found at the top of a pile of coal, no scuffs or traces of coal dust were found on his clothing or skin, nor were there any signs on the coal itself to suggest that he had climbed to the top of the pile. Furthermore, strange burn marks were found around the back of his head, and another on the back of his neck that was covered in an unknown gel-like substance. Neither the burn marks nor the substance were ever identified. It was concluded that Adamski had been missing for six days prior to the discovery of his body.[3]Godfrey was tasked with investigating the case (thought to be a homicide), but was not able to ascertain what had happened to Adamski.

The investigation into the death of Adamski was dropped later that year, and a security clampdown forbade officers from speaking to the press.[4] Reflecting on the case in 1993, coroner James Turnbull claimed that the case absolutely mystified him. He also expressed some willingness to believe, along with popular speculation, that a UFO had been involved.[2] The case remains unsolved.

See: http://www.bbc.co.uk...i_mystery.shtml

Also a similar beared alien was reported in another case in Winchester, Hampshire, England. This would have been four years before the Godfrey abduction.

Oh yes, purely coincidence of course but the fact that the unfortunate chap's name was Adamski makes one go " :unsure2: ", doesn't it.

When ancient peoples saw something they couldn't explain, they tried to put it into their everyday language.

For example if we saw this sight below we'd say "It's a spacecraft zapping people with its phaser bank", but the eyewitnesses of the time could only describe it as an "angel" with a "sword" like this-

"And God sent an angel to destroy Jerusalem. But as the angel was doing so, the Lord saw it and was grieved because of the calamity and said to the angel who was destroying the people, "Enough! Withdraw your hand."... David looked up and saw the angel of the Lord standing between heaven and earth, with a drawn sword in his hand extended over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders, clothed in sackcloth, fell facedown" (1 Chron 21:15/16)

dragonstar-space.gif

alternatively they actually saw the host of Heaven in it's terrible variety of forms.

You know, LIKE THEY SAID (and, incidentally, were TOLD what they were).

I actually think that's very true. People would, of course, describe something outside their normal experience in religious terms, as angles or fiery hosts. I suppose the question is, which did they see? Was it actually ETs or was it the Hosts of heaven? or was it some natural phenomenana that, being outside their normal experience, they'd, as I said, describe in religious terms?

• Like 2

I actually think that's very true. People would, of course, describe something outside their normal experience in religious terms, as angles or fiery hosts. I suppose the question is, which did they see? Was it actually ETs or was it the Hosts of heaven? or was it some natural phenomenana that, being outside their normal experience, they'd, as I said, describe in religious terms?

We don't know and it seems futile to guess. I guess its fun though.

and that's what it boils down to, what we believe to be the truth.

Aliens, fiction, Angels.....

what are people's opinions regarding aliens?

do you think they exist?

don't exist?

are visiting us?

not visiting us?

Yes i think they exists we just havent found them yet, even more i think space is filled with life. We just arent advanced enough to find any we dont have proper equpiment. Like people once believed earth is flat, and science prove them wrong, same scenario will happen for discovery of ET life. I hate religion... they had much to do with supressing such belief... killing scientis...narrowing the vision of minds in the matter of speech.. Religion forced their belief in people which isnt the way and there are no evidences for any of world religions and their gods.

And maybe some " ET expedition " was here long ago i dont know neither does anyone else. Our civilization is young in contrast of age of space.

When we humans will launch our expeditions to space will probably do the same and venture to other earthlike planets.

But first we need to evolve from fossil fuels,wars,hatred,greed,... all these factors are only slowing progress of our kind,

Is it good opinion?

THE FIRST UFO-HUNTERS

Some 700 years before the birth of Jesus, the prophet Micah said-

“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,though you are small among the clansof Judah,

out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel,

whose origins are from of old,from ancient times.” (Bible, Micah 5:2)

The prophecy was noted and remembered and discussed by people for the next 700 years, then when a mysterious star was seen in the direction of Bethlehem it attracted the interest of The 3 Wise Men from the east, who were in modern language UFO-hunters, so off they went to track it down, as related in Matthew ch 2-

"the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was"

star-over-bethlehem.jpg

You could well be right.

So are we suggesting, by extension of this theory, that Jesus was an ET?

Edited by Lord Vetinari

In the film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" Keanu Reeves was an alien in human form sent here to save the earth by wiping out the human race.

Here he meets with a fellow alien who's lived on earth for 70 years in the human form of a Chinaman whose been watching us and sending back messages about us to his home planet about how humans are polluting and wrecking the earth.-

day-still.gif

Maybe watchers like the Chinaman are "angels" (the word means 'messenger'), and these ancient prophecies spring to mind-

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels unawares" (Hebrews 13:2)

"The time has come for judging the dead.. and for destroying those who destroy the earth" (Revelation 11:18 )

Edited by Crikey

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels unawares" (Hebrews 13:2)

"The time has come for judging the dead.. and for destroying those who destroy the earth" (Revelation 11:18 )

I dont get you Crikey. Your posts previously suggest you don't give a poop for any religion. So then why keep quoting it? And all this NONSENSE about they didnt have the right vocabulary so called things fiery chariots etc... is that so?

Well I have news for you. (again) and I quote a page about Ezekiel

"The main premise of the Ancient Astronaut theory is that ancient writers couldn’t understand, or didn’t have the vocabulary to explain technology. But that idea doesn’t really work for Ezekiel for many reasons.

First of all, Ezekiel had a huge vocabulary. Hebrew is one of the richest languages in history of the world, and Ezekiel showed great skill in utilizing it when describing complicated things in other places in his writings.

He had the vocabulary to say things like: silver disk, or round, or window or grey being with big eyes if he had wanted to, but he didn’t. As we will see what Ezekiel describes simply cannot be compared to a UFO.

More than any other Bible writer, Ezekiel was extremely detail oriented. He makes sure to describe every detail, not just here, but throughout his writings. For example a very accurate model of the layout of an entire city, as well as a huge temple complex can be constructed by using his specifications".

source PLUS DEBUNK VID for anyone who wants to see it

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/references-and-transcripts/ezekiels-wheels/

I'd like to have a nice chat in a coffee shop with an alien, but I would rather he didn't destroy the world afterward.

I'd like to have a nice chat in a coffee shop with an alien, but I would rather he didn't destroy the world afterward.

Why would they destroy the world?

• Like 1

Why would they destroy the world?

They were talking about the movie, in the movie the world was going to be destroyed..

• Like 1

They were talking about the movie, in the movie the world was going to be destroyed..

Aha my bad... Great movie btw! But it is just a movie..

Aha my bad... Great movie btw! But it is just a movie..

and if you watch this excellent 'movie', you can learn just how possible life REALLY is.. (great vid BTW, first post on below link)

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=241837&hl=

• Like 1

I dont get you Crikey. Your posts previously suggest you don't give a poop for any religion. So then why keep quoting it? And all this NONSENSE about they didnt have the right vocabulary so called things fiery chariots etc... is that so?

Well I have news for you. (again) and I quote a page about Ezekiel

"The main premise of the Ancient Astronaut theory is that ancient writers couldn’t understand, or didn’t have the vocabulary to explain technology. But that idea doesn’t really work for Ezekiel for many reasons.

First of all, Ezekiel had a huge vocabulary. Hebrew is one of the richest languages in history of the world, and Ezekiel showed great skill in utilizing it when describing complicated things in other places in his writings.

He had the vocabulary to say things like: silver disk, or round, or window or grey being with big eyes if he had wanted to, but he didn’t. As we will see what Ezekiel describes simply cannot be compared to a UFO.

More than any other Bible writer, Ezekiel was extremely detail oriented. He makes sure to describe every detail, not just here, but throughout his writings. For example a very accurate model of the layout of an entire city, as well as a huge temple complex can be constructed by using his specifications".

So on that basis, is it more likely that he did in fact see a fiery chariot, or might he have been symbolic, allegorical or metaphorical? Why assume that UFOs, 3000 or more years ago, would have looked the same as the 1950s sci fi ideas associated with words like "silver disk"?

@ seeder

I have no doubt that life exists out there and that video, the man in the video is saying what i said many times before... Thats is why i always give the "17billion earthlike planets" example to try to show people how many chances there are for ET life... inteligence is other story. Superb video thanks!

Edited by Tesla II

Considering the speed with which life appeared on earth, life would seem likely to be common. Considering the ensuing eons before multi-cellular life appeared and again the further eons before intelligent life appeared, these two may be a good deal less common.

Still, the universe has sure provided itself plenty of throws of the dice.

• Like 1

@ seeder

I have no doubt that life exists out there and that video, the man in the video is saying what i said many times before... Thats is why i always give the "17billion earthlike planets" example to try to show people how many chances there are for ET life... inteligence is other story. Superb video thanks!

thanks for the thanks but not my post! The vid under it was great too. In fact all his vids are!!

thanks for the thanks but not my post! The vid under it was great too. In fact all his vids are!!

Yes i saw but i wasnt aware of it until now, good science mixed with humor, priceless! :)