Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does Dan Brown have a secret agenda ?

laver

your post is almost as long as one of Dan Brown's novels.a17.jpgk3.jpg

Yup, but worth a read if you are interested in maybe Mr Dan Brown's secret agenda?

80 million copies sold plus second and third reads indicate that TDVC is entertaining to vast numbers of people. Dan Brown is a very clever author and his books are very well researched. This makes some of his 'glaring falsehoods' look more like 'deliberate mistakes' ? e.g TDVC - Chapter 104 - ' The chapel's ( Rosslyn ) coordinates fall precisely on the north-south meridian that runs through Glastonbury...' . Oh no they don't. Glastonbury is way off the Rosslyn meridian. So why include this bit of information at all? a mistake? a mistake that no one spotted and don't forget Dan Brown uses the word 'precisely' . He then goes on to mention the 'Rose Line', King Arthur's Avalon and the Sacred Landscape Geometry of Britain. He was making a point about ancient landscape geometry and using a piece of false information to draw attention to it. Would suggest you do not underestimate Mr Dan Brown ... conspiracy ? no fact !

Fun fiction that's all. By your measure Peter pan must be true because it is one of the most popular children's stories in history. Does that mean if I fallow the third star to the right ill find a place where I'll never again age? Fountain of youth anyone? Here's your map.

I kid a bit with you. I enjoyed Dan browns story but to assume historical accuracy based on false equals fact is going a bit out there.

In plain words ...he wants to be a successful

author.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch
  • Like 1

I think his books contain a secret message for the readers ...

Edited by Order66

*Thinks* I wonder if the 'American Idol' folk read many books ?

They do if the Sainted Oprah tells them to.

Best selling book on the market based on a conspiracy is the bible so Dan is doing quit well imo.

Best selling book on the market based on a conspiracy is the bible so Dan is doing quit well imo.

isn't the Bible also the number one most stolen book ever printed? That says something. Course leave Dan browns books in hotel drawers and I'm sure it would reach that mark with little effort. LOL

Fun fiction that's all. By your measure Peter pan must be true because it is one of the most popular children's stories in history. Does that mean if I fallow the third star to the right ill find a place where I'll never again age? Fountain of youth anyone? Here's your map.

I kid a bit with you. I enjoyed Dan browns story but to assume historical accuracy based on false equals fact is going a bit out there.

In plain words ...he wants to be a successful

author.

A bit more than fun fiction I would suggest. The point about the position of Rosslyn is true and it would be reasonable to conclude that Dan Brown knows full well that Rosslyn Chapel is not on the north south meridian of Glastonbury. He may also be aware that Rosslyn can be located very accurately by the means of two very well established ley lines in southern Britain which have been known about for years and we are back to ancient landscape geometry. Rosslyn chapel is a bit of a mystery site, and has been from long before Dan Brown put pen to paper, with strong Masonic links and some believe to the Knights Templar with the concept of the Holy Grail. This 'Holy Grail' Dan Brown links to Mary of Magdala and her role in the life of Christ. The bible and other very ancient texts tell us that Mary of Magdala was the messenger, companion and confidant of Jesus. Dan Brown indiates that she was his wife and mother of his child and there is a current controversy that Jesus may indeed have been married acccording to another ancient text extract now being investigated. I would suggest that all this is rather different and of more importance than Peter Pan. Of course Dan Brown's following book is about... Freemasonry. But if you want to believe that Dan Brown is just a successful author with no 'secret agenda' that is your privilege.

• 4 months later...

Mr Brown has no secret agenda.

He is just an author come writer who allows the reader to think and question and consider what if? or maybe? or could it be so?

That is the true art of words and writings. . . . and books.

Leave em guessing . . . . and wanting more!

Laver, I'm a bit afraid you don't understand how fiction works. It's made up and, even if the places in it are real, liberties can be taken with the precise facts of the matter. That's why it's fiction...

It's like in movies when the people can walk down the street and go to Mama Franco's italian cafe when in the real world it's a shoe shop or whatever.

Dan Brown may or may not believe the things he writes about. I personally think he finds them interesting, made quite a lot of money with TDVC and saw a winning model and ran with it. If I publish my book about grave robbing and end up making millions, I would probably write another book similar enough to interest my fans. That's marketing, not the NWO.

• Like 1

I think he's a modestly talented writer, but not the greatest writer ever by any means. Just good marketing and lots of good luck have made him rich.

The fate of the world is resting in one man's hands? Not again! :rolleyes:

Edited by little_dreamer