Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pot, alcohol, and the Federal Gov

Bama13

Pot doesn't make anyone crazier or stranger than alcohol. I have encountered plenty of mean drunks, but rarely a mean stoner.

I'm talking about both types of drugs

Lets get in the "Way Back" machine for a moment. When I was in high school (Ok, the "Way Way Back" machine) I took Calc at the local junior college because it wasn't offered in my high school. On the way to class every morning a friend and I got high. We made the highest grades in the class. That seemed to only work in math classes (at least for me). History, English, or Science classes not so much.

That's why I said 'if anything at all'. The fact that you took calculus means that it's no guarantee you'll get dumb.

I'm talking about both types of drugs

Are you high?

• Like 1

That's why I said 'if anything at all'. The fact that you took calculus means that it's no guarantee you'll get dumb.

of course it doesn't, nether does NOT smoking weed guarranties you wont be dumb anyway. all propaganda. h.j ansliger testified before congress that weed makes white ladies wanna have sex with blacks, that argument alone was enough to give anslinger green light on making it illegal, (no peer reviews, no studies) and not just in usa, at the same time pretty much all countries made laws making weed illegal, coincedence?? i don't think so.

When alcohol was made illegal there was a constitutional amendment propsed to make it illegal. When the proposed amendment was ratified by the required number of States a law was passed (the Volstead Act, I believe). Pot, on the other hand, was simply outlawed. No amendment deemed necessary. Why?

Alcohol is regulated, mostly, at the local/state level. They set the legal age (although big brother tries to force them into doing what big brother thinks is best), decide where and when you can purchase alcohol, and the punshiment for violating those laws. These laws vary from state to state and they very from local to local within the a state. I grew up in a "wet" city located in a "dry" county. Why isn't pot treated the same way (at the local level)?

Because pot was never legal?

So pot was illegal before we had a law making it illegal? Anything not illegal is legal.

Not quite. Until 1925 there was little regulation and after there was the Marihuana Tax Act. In 1906 the only real federal restriction was that Marijuana had to be labeled as poison. What changes it all was the International Opium Convention of 1925 that lead to the Uniformed State Narcotic Act (final version 1932). After that Marijuana was finally outlawed in all states.

• Like 2

I think the versatility, and potential ABUNDANCE of Hemp , and by products, scared the Bjesus out of several industries . Probably paper, cotton, even the infantile petrochemical industry. Don't forget Henry Ford's Hempmobile. It was as much , or more, about suppressing Hemp than restricting Pot.. although it probably worried the booze and drug kings.

The history of alcohol is self explanatory .

• Like 1

Why? Everybody who wants to can make his own moonshine (until caught, that is).

You grow marijuana in a flowerpot. You just add water. It's free unless you want to buy some fertilizer. Who's going to be able to control that, and how much is that going to cost? So they have to deter us from growing the wrong plant in a pot of dirt by exacting ridiculous punishments upon us for daring to possess the wrong flower. And even worse punishments for daring to grow it.

• Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

The latest research shows that it's better for our health to take a tiny amount of pot every day than none at all. Our brains shrink with age. Want to keep a big brain into old age? Cannabis and blueberries. Smoking isn't healthy for our throats, lungs and hearts, and legalization would let the market would have a lot more vaporizers available for purchase if people who cared about their health were also allowed to smoke pot. It's the grimy "pothead" stereotype that just doesn't seem to wash off that has kept us collectively ignorant for far too long. Even people that have smoked it are still on the fence. Even Obama who smoked it frequently doesn't have a problem with people rotting in prison for doing the same thing he did. It's difficult to understand how everyone doesn't get on the same page and agree with us on this topic. I'll be defending Colorado voraciously in the future if the federal hypo-ureaucracy tries anything untoward, believe it.

• Like 2

I believe any Federal argument against Legalizing marijuana will fall apart when you take into account they put GMO's into our food. A substance with unknown side effects and unknown long term side effects. We are just told its safe and to shut up. Theres enough research on marijuana and potential beneficial health effects that if a lawyer took it all the way the National ban on marijuana would be lifted or the govmnt would have to remove GMO's from the food supply.

(rant) :clap:

• Like 3