Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spirits desperate to contact us, but can't?

I want to see

While these forums contain many different cases of contact with the spirit world, whether it be actually seeing a ghost, shadow, feeling a sensation, hearing a noise, things moving or even just feeling creepy, the large majority would seem to fall into an experience which wasn't defined as 'personal' or obviously linked to someone they knew who had passed.

We all would have had a desire at some point to be able to see or hear from a deceased relative or friend, just to experience them again or to gain a feeling that in some fashion they still 'exist'. Just some proof that they have gone not only to a better place but still have an awareness of us and an interest.

But such reports are rare compared to a volume of paranormal activity that seems to have no connection or relation to those who experience it.

Whilst i wouldn't want to 'haunt' my wife if i were to pass on, or make a nuisance of myself, I would want to let her know that in some 'other life' fashion that i was still sentient enough to think of her, watch over her and even interact in some way.

But what if they can see us, watch us, hear us or whatever but only in rare cases actually have any ability to do anything more than make something go 'bump' in the night? What if they even have some sense or ability to know what is going to happen to us but almost zero ability to warn or advise us?

For those in the afterlife, is it a massive effort to create any sort of contact, even just moving a set of keys, and do they know that in trying that they are fair scaring the living daylights out of us?

It's all conjecture and guesswork but is the 'line' between the afterlife and the 'living' a really bad one that only ocassionally allows them to get through, and then most of the conversation is garbled?

Your thoughts..

...For those in the afterlife, is it a massive effort to create any sort of contact, even just moving a set of keys, and do they know that in trying that they are fair scaring the living daylights out of us?...

Firstly, the Bible says the dead don't return because they're "asleep in Jesus" until Resurrection Day, but whether anybody wants to believe the Bible is up to them.

Personally I like the idea; my parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents are all dead, and i like to think they're sleeping or resting in peace, so I've no wish to try to contact them, or have them contact me because I don't want to disturb them.. :)

However, there's a possibility that some people's souls are NOT sleeping and are NOT at rest for some reason, for example if they were nasty people when they were alive, or if they died violently or in distress.

In such cases, perhaps those troubled, unquiet spirits are trying to contact us in some way to ask for our help to put their souls to rest.

So whenever there's a reported case of a haunting or poltergeist activity, perhaps somebody should say out loud- "Whatever you are, please find peace and rest in the name of Jesus"

Another possibility is that demons want to contact us in order to trick their way into our world, so they try to fool us by pretending to be dead loved ones or "angels" at seances, ouija boards and spiritualist meetings so that we'll invite them in.

Hence the warning- "For Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." (2 Cor 11:13/14)

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 2

I guess until there is concrete proof of life after death we will all have our own ideas on what happens after death.

I'm hoping there is an afterlife where we can connect with relatives, friends and pets that have passed on. I hate to think that when we die that's it.