Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NM bill criminalizes abortion after rape

Simbi Laveau

I kind of wonder what's supposed to happen to the kid after it's born too... If it's considered evidence prior to it's birth, shouldn't that then mean that the police should have to take the evidence into their custody? And then what? Or if it isn't considered evidence after birth, why in the eff not, what has changed?

That's the thing matrix. I don't see pro lifers doing their obligation of adoption. My stance is very simple. I am pro choice yet in my home my family has decided we will not abort unless mother and child may die. You see my wife and I made that choice. And if I were arrogant enough to force my own choice on others then I would be obligated to take responsibility for my forcing others to do as I chose. Which means in simple terms if you are pro life take responsibility for your actions and adopt one of the many children in the system. They need good families. If you refuse to try to adopt then there is something terribly wrong with your forcing your opinion on others against their will. I'm not saying abortion as a contraceptive is good or morally sound. But, that's my choice to make and no one has any right to impose that choice on anyone else.

Just to reiterate if your pro life what have you done to take responsibility for your stance? If you have adopted then Im proud of you for being mature and responsible if not?.... then honestly I can't be very proud of you for showing the illusion of caring and morality.

As to the OP ... this is a bad decision on its own merits.

All the above is opinion made by choice. Luckily I have this choice. I choose life but you can live with any decision you make by current law. :)

I still can't wrap my head around it even after reading it several times.. Can't they get evidence from things like DNA, Amino Fluids and things like that.. Why would they need the Baby unless they think the woman is; telling a lie and thus wants to see if the baby has his features. Also, what would happen to the baby after the trial....

You got it right. This is lawyer tactics to confuse the issue. Technically the fetus is evidence, and technically one cannot destroy evidence. That the evidence can be gotten other ways is conveniently ignored.
  • Like 2

New born babies are the easiest and most sought after to adopt, it's the children who were actually wanted by there parents in the first place that make up most of the children in the system. So how about we start letting people kill there unwanted older children?

I would gladly take a child that was born of rape into my family. It is not the child's fault and they should not be killed for it.

Being allowed to murder your unborn/born child has nothing to do with women's rights.

Edited by Betrayal of Humanity

Uh huh....

Let's see how she ratifies it.

Lets just say i would guess she knew exactly what she was doing,but didn't expect it to make the news.

Here,the news called it a backdoor attempt to make abortion illegal ,and it absolutely implied the victim was the one breaking the law if they got an abortion .

But that's not what the proposed law says - see, there's this little word called INTENT written into it.

I'm wiling to give her the benefit of the doubt that it was just a poorly written bill that she has not agreed to rework. We'll have to wait and see what come of the redo.