Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What country would you visit and why? :)

spartan max2

If you could visit any country in the world. Money wasent a problem and you could stay as long as you like. Which one would it be?

And why? what would you do there and see?

Im more interested in the why which is why its in the pysch section. :P

I have a list, but I'll choose one.

The English countryside. It just looks so idyllic to me. I love the rolling green hills and stone walls and small villages and mom and pop stores. (and Hobbits)

So, for it's beauty. And rich literary heritage. I just love it! I could retire there.

I'd visit all the castles and literary places and battle grounds.

At least that is my take on it, never having been there.

Plus, I could easily visit many other countries from there.

Scottish and Irish countryside apply too.

I am of English, Scotch-Irish descent on one side, so that is part of it.

Apparently an ancestor was part of a plot to kill the King of England and was instead of killed or imprisoned sent to American to fight the Indians and then given land to start a new town in Ohio.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 3

No country is as beautiful, safe, and morally centered as my own. I'm staying put! ;)

• Like 2

Columbia. It has the most beautiful women in the world. And despite its old bad reputation is a much more friendly place today.

• Like 2

Australia - Beautiful wild land and I love the Accents. Plus they have some of the most Beautiful women in the world.

Japan - Would love to see the intigration of ancient culture and high tech modern technology that only Japan seems to pull off in a ways that seems to work. Also I have a weakness for Asain women.

• Like 1

I would go to Japan. Would love to see the technology and cities as well as seeing the old towns, shrines, temples and all.

I've always had a bit of a longing for it.

BUT the thing is..would it really be any different than any other country? I mean, I think I am simply operating out of some sort of fantasy notion of what I think it will be like and when I think of it realistically...it will probably not be any different than going to some place out in the country. Just close my eyes and pretend I am in some old Japanese village and get the same effect.

BUT the thing is..would it really be any different than any other country?

Well, your radiation levels will skyrocket there.

I would go to Japan. Would love to see the technology and cities as well as seeing the old towns, shrines, temples and all.

Got the chance to do that when I was a teenager in a student exchange program. Was a great place to visit. Some of the nicest people Ive ever met as well.

• Like 1

Japan is one of the top ones on my list too.but im sure me watching anime had a influence on that choice lol. i notice alot of you point of the women haha

There are so many place on my list.

I'd love to go back to Turkey. We were there for 2 weeks last year and after Scotland, it was my favorite place. The people are friendly, the food is great, the sites are amazing. Just an all around good time.

Would love to see more of Italy as well. Particularly Venice as we only had one day there. Rome was neat and Pompeii was pretty cool.

Our next trip is to Peru. Can't wait. Sounds like a pretty interesting place and we'll be doing Machu Picchu and the Nazca lines, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Australia is definitely on my list. Been wanting to go there since I was a kid and saw The Man from Snowy River LOL The contrast between city and outback is going to be neat.

Africa - safari! The Big 5! Hopefully we'll be able to go in the next few years. I really want to go on a horseback safari, so have to teach hubby to ride, but I really want to see the animals!

Japan, for the same reasons as Ryu.

And Scotland. I will live there one day. My favorite place on the planet so far. Just feels like home every time I'm there. I managed to even talk hubby into getting married there and cried when we left for Italy for the honeymoon.

• Like 1

If you could visit any country in the world. Money wasent a problem and you could stay as long as you like. Which one would it be?

And why? what would you do there and see?

Im more interested in the why which is why its in the pysch section. :P

There are many countries that I would love to visit, but the country where my father's ancestors immigrated from is Wales. I would love to see where my families roots are from.

I would love to see the towns and meet the average people from the non-touristy areas. I would also love to hike all through the countryside and walk the shoreline. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. Maybe during the warm season, (is there one?)

After that I would make a swing north to Scotland where my Mother's ancestors came from. Hopefully, I could get through all of the accents.

Anyway, my last name in Wales is as common as Smith or Jones is here in the US.

India. Or Nepal. Or Tibet before China's takeover.

• Like 1

BUT the thing is..would it really be any different than any other country? I mean, I think I am simply operating out of some sort of fantasy notion of what I think it will be like and when I think of it realistically...it will probably not be any different than going to some place out in the country. Just close my eyes and pretend I am in some old Japanese village and get the same effect.

Going to Japan ,is not like any other country .City or out in the country .

It's a very different culture ,compared to the west .

Hong Kong has more of a western leaning than even Japan .

I would love to see the Mayan specifically Chichen Itza-one of the most popular Mayan pyramid sites. Mayan culture has always fascinated me

In no particular order: Canada, Australia and N.Z., almost about anywhere in Europe, Costa Rica, Panama, Belize, Equador.

These countries seem relatively safe and interesting so why not? I guess I think their culture fits well with my own personality.

Edited by little_dreamer

I would really love to visit the UK, especially England!!!! I have ancestors that came from Derby, in the early 1600's!!!! I have always

been facinated with England's history!!! I learn as much as I can about it!!! Hopefully, one day, I'll get to go there!!!! I want to

check out ancient castle ruins, experience real British food, visit the Mary Rose exhibition and so much more!!!!

There are many countries that I would love to visit, but the country where my father's ancestors immigrated from is Wales. I would love to see where my families roots are from.

I would love to see the towns and meet the average people from the non-touristy areas. I would also love to hike all through the countryside and walk the shoreline. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. Maybe during the warm season, (is there one?)

After that I would make a swing north to Scotland where my Mother's ancestors came from. Hopefully, I could get through all of the accents.

Anyway, my last name in Wales is as common as Smith or Jones is here in the US.

Ahh, I forgot Wales!! My dad is from Wales and I wanna go!

turkey seems interesting

Understatement of the year! It's fantastic! I have tons pics on my website if you're interested: http://www.shadowlark.com

The Seychelles, I think. I love island cultures that haven't been totally destroyed by tourism or "progress", where the indigenous cultures are more or less intact. I've been to most of the Hawaiian islands, Palau, & Bali, Saipan. Warm water, sandy beaches, trade winds, lagoons, coconut palms, all works for me.

Scotland would be the other place, because my ancestors were part of the Highland clan system before emigrating to the colonies.

I've only been through western Canada and the western States, southern Mexico, England, Scotland, Wales and the Emerald Isle. They're all fantastic places. (Eastern Canada is on the bucket list.)

I'd go to Australia and New Zealand in a heartbeat, just for all the difference. You'd probably have to forgive me though. I'd lock myself in your bathroom for the first night, with a case of Fosters and watch your toilet go backwards. :)

• Like 1

I too would choose England for it's rich history, quaint villages, and golden heritage...

I have family in England who I've never met, and am of english decent..

Aparently one of my ancestors "Lord chief Justice Jefferies" Hung over a thousand english peasants and sent over a thousand from the english shores to the colonies in America.. This was because of an uprising against the King of England "The western rebelion"

I have in my posession "somewhere" a book with all the names of those whome my ancestor "the hanging judge" sent to America.

I have a list, but I'll choose one.

The English countryside. It just looks so idyllic to me. I love the rolling green hills and stone walls and small villages and mom and pop stores. (and Hobbits)

So, for it's beauty. And rich literary heritage. I just love it! I could retire there.

I'd visit all the castles and literary places and battle grounds.

At least that is my take on it, never having been there.

Plus, I could easily visit many other countries from there.

Scottish and Irish countryside apply too.

I am of English, Scotch-Irish descent on one side, so that is part of it.

Apparently an ancestor was part of a plot to kill the King of England and was instead of killed or imprisoned sent to American to fight the Indians and then given land to start a new town in Ohio.

• Like 1

I too would choose England for it's rich history, quaint villages, and golden heritage...

Aparently one of my ancestors "Lord chief Justice Jefferies" Hung over a thousand english peasants and sent over a thousand from the english shores to the colonies in America.. This was because of an uprising against the King of England "The western rebelion"

I have in my posession "somewhere" a book with all the names of those whome my ancestor "the hanging judge" sent to America.

You should share with your local archives. :)

Seriously! This is my grumpy face. >:(

It's a small world! I pm'ed you.

France, Paris, you know just to walk around and sit in a cafe. Then to find some serious sales.

South of France to see the Gypsy festivals and visit the beaches.

Tornonto, Canada, it seems beautiful and I want to see the buildings and check out a band or two.

Tokyo to see the cherry blossoms in the park and their Christmas lights (two trips required).

Palestine to offer a limited assistance to the people.