Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What country would you visit and why? :)

spartan max2

i think you will make a mistake in South Africa, if you, go always be armed. I know a South African and his family lives in the middle of nowhere and its very dangerous and best to carry a gun

I have been to the US twice on my own, i felt safe each vist

So I'll need a gang of mercenaries just to see an Eurphoria?

You can call me crazy but most of the trouble there came from the Afrikaaners.

They have been firmly put in their box now that Apartheid has finished.

If your thinking about the townships I'm sure I'll spot them.

But mostly I'll stay in Cape Town,Johannesburg or Durban.

Besides it's not as if I'm Oscar Pistorious's girlfriend cowering behind a door.

Or somebody's wife about to set up for murder by her husband on honeymoon.

Tbh I would have been safe under Apartheid but no kind of racism reassures me.

I say that but there could still be some bad blood left over from the Boer War.

Edited by Medium Brown

Easter island it always intrigued me plus I want to stand in a hole with my head sticking out and take a photo lol. :yes:

No problems, give me the camera.

it will cost you though for me to dig you out again.

digging-emoticon.gif

• Like 1

It's just that if I enter your country I will come unarmed.

It's also quite possible I won't be able to defend myself even if I was.

Me and my brother are cut from the same cloth because we are both wimpoids.

But he's got the added advantage of having a wife who's overweight.

If he came on the slim off- chance I would take some precautions...

I would get a taxi even if my destination is two blocks away.

If I'm in a resturant I would make sure my back isn't exposed to outside on the street.

I would avoid all fleapit motels because they are nothing but glorified knocking houses.

I would avoid anywhere where there is housing projects and ghettos.

I would avoid the Deep South where they lay bibles besides firearms.

I would avoid the far North in winter because it's too glacial for my tastes.

The only place I would actually relax would be an Amish community.

So what if I'm a bit paranoid.

I'll rather be safe than sorry.

you will be better off staying where you are. :cry:

• Like 1

you will be better off staying where you are. :cry:

Well home is where the heart is.

You wanna see Devon in September.

• Like 1

I have been to many places, but the one place i have been to that i love, and have been there 3 times is Japan. I love the country, the food and the women :)

I plan to move there permanently in the next 2 years or so. I'm currently enrolled in Japanese language class to better my Japanese. I'm heading back there again for a visit this summer. My base camp is usually in Chiba close to the beach. Its a fascinating country.

Maybe it was the tako-yaki(octopus balls) that got me addicted, LOL

If I'm in a resturant I would make sure my back isn't exposed to outside on the street.

I would avoid all fleapit motels because they are nothing but glorified knocking houses.

Good lord!?!? At least I know what kind of crap propaganda you listen to. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Good lord!?!? At least I know what kind of crap propaganda you listen to. :rolleyes:

What type of propaganda if I may be bold to ask?

Edited by Medium Brown

What type of propaganda if I may be bold to ask?

The type of propaganda that makes you believe you aren't safe anywhere but an Amish community.

Besides, this isn't a thread to say I would visit this country but....then proceed to bash it. It was made to find out what countries people would enjoy visiting. If you feel that way about the US I would advise you to stay at home.

Edited by Michelle

New Zealand, they made Lord of the Rings there! lol

Its great here, i have seen most of the country. But my ideal holiday would be a motorcycle road trip across America. I doubt it will happen though because; 1 cost, 2 i cant bring my family on a motorcycle, 3 i really dislike the idea that i can be searched without reason/frisked at the airport. I have travelled to Europe a few times with my children and partner and I have never been frisked or full body scanned and by principle, i would do anything in my power to avoid that.

It still doesn't change the fact that it would be my ideal holiday.

• Like 2

The type of propaganda that makes you believe you aren't safe anywhere but an Amish community.

Besides, this isn't a thread to say I would visit this country but....then proceed to bash it. It was made to find out what countries people would enjoy visiting. If you feel that way about the US I would advise you to stay at home.

I was a bit strong when I said the States was enveloped in a " climate of fear".

It must be that Patriots Act of yours that's addling my brain.

But my intention wasn't to bash America.

I actually answered the question and piped up with Australia.

There's no way I have retracted that statement in this thread.

The only reason it got to this stage is me struggling to get past the language barrier.

And in the process made myself Commonwealth centric.

TNRN would have preferred me to bash South Africa but it's not part of my repertoire.

You had one thing leading to an other here.

However there's a certain minority that do make me a tad uncomfy.

But I don't think any of the Americans here belong to it.

Edited by Medium Brown

There are many places I would like to visit that I have not yet been to, and manyy places I have visited I would like to go back to...

Among the ones I've never been to:

Russia

Sweden

Denmark

Peru

Brazil

Austrailia

New Zealand

India

Egypt

Scotland

Poland

Rumania

Turkey

Spain

Greece

Norway

Finland

Malta

Places I've been to and would like to return:

Ireland

England

Wales

Germany

Italy

Japan

Canada

Viet Nam (without being shot at this time :) )

But there are also places I would like to go see rather than 'countries'

Most of them are historical sites like Ninevah (Iraq), Angkor Wat, Gobekli tepe (sp), places like that...

I like this bit about getting a taxi. Have you any idea how dangerous that is in some countries?

I like this bit about getting a taxi. Have you any idea how dangerous that is in some countries?

Well you did say some countries.

But I honestly can't include the States in that number despite my paranoia.

That's despite one of Kananga's men masquerading as one in Live And Let Die.

And there was a whole film based around a psychopathic one starring Robert De Niro.

Closer to home there is even Floyd in Cracker.

Tbh I'm more bothered about them jipping me on the meter.

And besides I don't exactly wear provocative clothing.

If you want my honest opinion the punters are more of a danger to them.

There's also rickshaws but I can imagine them being safe as houses.

Edited by Medium Brown

Taking a taxi is something of an art form in most countries, and the rules vary even from city to city. There have been a number of crackdowns in Ho Chi Minh City so now for the most part the meters are fair, provided you watch the guy and be sure he starts it. Of course there's the old round-and-round-the-city-we-go routine, so its a good idea to have some idea how much it should cost before you get in. I also try to go with the big taxi companies and avoid the freelancers (you'll get a more comfortable vehicle anyway).

I haven't heard of any taxi atrocities here in a long, long time -- in fact that sort of story went with the old "cyclos" that have now pretty much disappeared. That sort of story is for Mexico City or Manila, and especially for smaller cities in such countries. There are places where one always calls, never hails, a taxi.

I never give getting into a taxi in the States a second thought. I think I've been cheated a few times but that's the worst of it. One time in Atlanta the guy couldn't find my hotel, and no one else had heard about it, and we drove around over an hour before someone showed the driver that the hotel had changed its name. He refused any extra money though.

Maybe rent yourself a bunker if you ever do visit.Seems you may be a bit to timid to visit here.There is good and bad everywhere on earth,in the states good and bad parts of each state.Just know where you are going and you will be fine.

Anywhere I don't have to wear a bikini to be honest, I can't stand cold climates. :D

If you could visit any country in the world. Money wasent a problem and you could stay as long as you like. Which one would it be?

Well there's many countries i'd like to visit. At the top of my head: Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Germany, Austria, USA, Canada

Cuba, Japan, Brazil, Argentina, France, Egypt, Holland.

And why? what would you do there and see?

I'd like to visit these countries for a variety of reasons. They look cool. I'd visit famous sights, I'd also visit art galleries, musiums, and i'd also be interested in trying out new food and learning about new cultures.

Hope that helps!

Maybe rent yourself a bunker if you ever do visit.Seems you may be a bit to timid to visit here.There is good and bad everywhere on earth,in the states good and bad parts of each state.Just know where you are going and you will be fine.

Yep! I'm a bit timid.But for some perverse reason I find darkness comforting.It has to be said that if I visited America my funds won't stretch to a penthouse suite or a Hilton.

However's who to say I can't sleep in a Holiday Inn.

You've got your share of serial killers out there but I don't fit the victim profile.It would be dumb to think there isn't such a thing as " stranger danger" after saying that. However I don't exactly bleed red,blue and white and the 4th of July is just an other Groundhog Day to me.

I didn't mean any disrespect to any Americans here.But everybody's got the automatic right to comment on my posts.I didn't think asking a simple question would escalate to this point.

Tbh I wouldn't mind visiting Japan as well.

Edited by Medium Brown

Yep! I'm a bit timid.But for some perverse reason I find darkness comforting.It has to be said that if I visited America my funds won't stretch to a penthouse suite or a Hilton.

However's who to say I can't sleep in a Holiday Inn.

You've got your share of serial killers out there but I don't fit the victim profile.It would be dumb to think there isn't such a thing as " stranger danger" after saying that. However I don't exactly bleed red,blue and white and the 4th of July is just an other Groundhog Day to me.

I didn't mean any disrespect to any Americans here.But everybody's got the automatic right to comment on my posts.I didn't think asking a simple question would escalate to this point.

Tbh I wouldn't mind visiting Japan as well.

? Wasnt trying to be a ******* just making a joke then stating a fact.It amazes me hown damn touchy people are in these forums.Almost makes you wonder how they would respond face to face with who they talk to when they say what they say sometimes.

Hell for all anyone knows you could be 10 ft tall and bullet proof haha.If i were you and you wanted to visit as i said just know where you are going and study up on it.Shouldnt have many problems.

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 1

? Wasnt trying to be a ******* just making a joke then stating a fact.It amazes me hown damn touchy people are in these forums.Almost makes you wonder how they would respond face to face with who they talk to when they say what they say sometimes.

It's called Asperger's Syndrome which is why I am what I am.

This is why I take things too literally including jokes.

It just goes to show I'm not ready for forum life.

I really thought I had exorcised my demons here after the other place.

But all I seem to do is excaspirate than participate.

So I'm going to take a long sabbatical to gather my thoughts together.

Hopefully I can start afresh in a few months time and learn not to get het up so easily.

I just get people's backs up and I don't seem to realise because I'm an Aspie.

So bye for now.

It's called Asperger's Syndrome which is why I am what I am.

This is why I take things too literally including jokes.

It just goes to show I'm not ready for forum life.

I really thought I had exorcised my demons here after the other place.

But all I seem to do is excaspirate than participate.

So I'm going to take a long sabbatical to gather my thoughts together.

Hopefully I can start afresh in a few months time and learn not to get het up so easily.

I just get people's backs up and I don't seem to realise because I'm an Aspie.

So bye for now.

Did not mean you being the one being touchy,i meant almost everyone lol.Might aswell stick around you are not the only person here who takes things to literally,hell i do aswell sometimes haha.Just post away someone says something you dont like just ignore it.