Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's going on?!

Baileyx12

Hi I'm new here, but always reading lol.

The past 2/3 days I feel like I'm going insane. Things have been happening and I can't explain. Iv been in bed most of the week with a sore back. But perfectly fine in myself mentally.

The first thing iv noticed that I never have the lights on on in the day, but iv gone downstairs for something come back up and all lights are on.

But today's been strange. First off my labrador has been acting very strange, darting from living room to kitchen "looking" for something, ears back, tail straight. She's sniffing around ALOT in the living room too.

Then about 20 mins later the lights in the Livingroom flicker, me and hubby thought nothing on it, it's never done it but oh well. Go into kitchen to make tea and kitchen lights do it too :-/

Anyway fast forward a few hours, just got out shower and made bed, put duvet fully on. I know I did because I re,beer thinking to myself it wil be warm when I get in. Go downstairs for half an hour, come back up and it's pulled half off?! No ones been upstairs.

What's going on?! I'm sure I'm not going mad :(

Are you new to your house?

Nope lived here 5 years, always felt like someone is behind me espesh in the kitchen. I keep. Thinking hubby is standing behind me, but he's not.

Also, my mum passed away 3 years ago, and two days after her death I was in bed worrying about her, hoping she wasn't in pain ect, as I was falling asleep I heard her say "I'm okay Kim" as clear as day. I swear on my life. In her voice and everything.

That would be ALOT of activity. Id be for making some video of this occuring and fast before it stops.

Gather your thoughts find a static camcorder and a few extra tapes and let it roll. Best advice I got for the frequency your talking about.

Dont think your going crazy. Just you know what your seeing/feeling and noone can change the experience YOU are having.

We love videos so we can debunk them to hell and highwater or find that elusive piece of undisbutable evidence.

• Like 1

Well... Maybe you are forgetting hitting light switches. I know I do it all the time. Like it's daytime, but my normal action walking past the switch leaving a room is to hit it, and I end up leaving the room turning the light on. The flickering might have been a flux from the power company, or if you are having bad weather it can happen. Or it could be an early indicator of an electrical problem coming on. Perhaps you have a critter in the walls or a draft through the room that is catching your dogs attention. Perhaps your dog messed with the bed cover.

Well... Maybe you are forgetting hitting light switches. I know I do it all the time. Like it's daytime, but my normal action walking past the switch leaving a room is to hit it, and I end up leaving the room turning the light on. The flickering might have been a flux from the power company, or if you are having bad weather it can happen. Or it could be an early indicator of an electrical problem coming on. Perhaps you have a critter in the walls or a draft through the room that is catching your dogs attention. Perhaps your dog messed with the bed cover.

My dog doesn't go upstairs. My lights are dimmer switches, I really don't remember putting them on. X

You say you've been laid up for the past week? Are you normally a pretty active person? Also, what type of media have you been watching and surrounding yourself with over the past week while being laid up? Has it been mostly Ghost Shows? Paranormal?

You were given a really good bit of advice. Setup a Camera. This seems the be the BEST way to make ALL activity cease. Welcome to the forum btw.

• Like 1

OP, any chance you will listen *and respond to* the video camera advice?

Edited by Chrlzs
  • Like 1

I agree w chriz. Take some video if you can. Not just to please us of course, but to give your case more credibility so that some of us may help. Try and see what's going on.

Will you only ever believe what anyone says if you have Hard Evidence? People always say that skepticism is healthy because they protect gullible people from charaltans wanting to exploit them, etc etc, but so often it comes across as pure "I don't believe a single word anyone ever says" cynicism. And this came across as pure cynicism.

One thing you should check is the history of your house. Had anyone commited suicide in it or met their end before they were due to pass? It can sometimes be the case that the spirit, or whatever it is, does not move on. I, and many other people have had experiences similar to yours and often they are a cry for help.

Will you only ever believe what anyone says if you have Hard Evidence? People always say that skepticism is healthy because they protect gullible people from charaltans wanting to exploit them, etc etc, but so often it comes across as pure "I don't believe a single word anyone ever says" cynicism. And this came across as pure cynicism.

OK, I may have been a tad harsh.. but I've just been watching several similar threads here and elsewhere where people are taking the time to offer suggestions but they are being ignored in favour of a bias to paranormal-preferred explanations.

Isn't this place about explaining, or at least investigating, mysteries? What better way than by dragging a video along.. and despite this being suggested twice by others trying to help, it wasn't acknowledged by the OP.

To answer your question:

It depends - like most things, it isn't black or white. If what is being claimed is not 'extraordinary' and the person is known to me as a sensible person who is aware of the limitations of human perception, then yes, I'll believe it. If it's just typed on the Internet by an anonymous poster, then I'll ask for more information and see if we can get to the bottom of it. If the person refuses to assist in any investigation when reasonable requests are made, then I'll probably dismiss it.

How about you? Would you rather no suggestions like the camera, were made? Don't you think it would be polite to acknowledge the suggestion?

• Like 2

I hear lots of these things can happen while you are taking a shower?

I hear lots of these things can happen while you are taking a shower?

I have a pretty capable fully waterproof digital camera with 5x zoom, does very good quality video and was less than $240. There are much cheaper ones if you don't mind a drop in quality..

I'll be happy to help with recommendations when the OP returns.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Yes the standard answer goes here. Setup a camera in your kitchen, or where ever you think the lights are flicking on by themselves. Another in your bedroom and these things shouldn't happen.

Cameras are cheap. Cheaper than going insane.

Also to add, dimmer switches for lights can be very sensitive. Especially the older magnetic ones. It's possible you could have the dial turned all the way down, but a loose connection or fault could cause a short circuit which could turn the lights up to max.

Edit: A quick search will find many motion sensitive cameras. First one I found was $47. And even that is way more than you need. http://www.lightinthebox.com/ip-camera-wifi-802-11-b-g-m-jpeg-free-ddns-bounded-supprot-16-preset-position-motion-detection-black-white_p209046.html

Edited by DKO

I do agree with the camera advice, but want to throw out a suggestion as well based on experience.

The lights acting up could be from rodent/critter infestation within your walls. Their movements and building of nests and such can affect your electrical wiring, esp in an older house. And animals can often hear these movements which get their attention.

Based on some first hand experience in my mom's 1800s-era house.

The lights acting up could be from rodent/critter infestation within your walls. Their movements and building of nests and such can affect your electrical wiring, esp in an older house. And animals can often hear these movements which get their attention.

This.

I remember my father (who used to do electric, plumbing work and some other stuff in his young days) told me a story of a house that had an electric/wiring problem with the result of lights going off at night at random. Apparently the family had some wiring chewed by rodents and others creatures that were living in their ceiling. They discovered the wires all chewed.

• Like 1