Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President to discuss Immigration Teusday

AsteroidX

No I'd rather they get deported then come back legally. I'm fairly certain that illegal immigrants are criminals. Legal immigration is a civil matter, illegal immigration is a criminal matter. Since we are talking about illegal immigrants it is a criminal matter.

we don't have the resources to do that. And it would be detrimental to the economy. Immigration is only a criminal matter under certain circumstances. Otherwise it's decided by a civil immigration court not a criminal one.

Break a law? Commit a crime? Go to jail. Simple.

no it's not.

There are a number of independent court systems in the United States. The federal government and every state operate their own courts. However, many people are unaware that there are also courts dedicated to specialized topics. Immigration Court is one of these court systems.

The Immigration Court is an administrative court run by the U.S. Department of Justice. There are more than 200 Immigration Judges in 50 Immigration Courts nationwide.

Immigration judges have the authority to grant foreign nationals legal status in the United States. At the same time, these judges have the authority to order foreign nationals to be deported, or removed, from the United States.

not criminal http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/what-is-immigration-court.html

we don't have the resources to do that. And it would be detrimental to the economy. Immigration is only a criminal matter under certain circumstances. Otherwise it's decided by a civil immigration court not a criminal one.

The ideal situation would be to make living here illegally be too impractical to be worth it. Then many of them would leave on their own.

1. No schooling for illegal children(children born here are citizens so they would get it still).

2. No medical care for illegals without first notifying to proper authorities.

3. No housing of any kind for someone who is here illegally.

4. Strict punishments for employers who hire illegals.

But that's just wishful thinking on my part. Too many votes to lose for any of those to be passed into law/enforced.

Then many of them would leave on their own.

no they would not. the idea of "self-deportation" most republicans just don't understand. It was created as a lampoon of republican immigration ideas in California. And it's extremely hilarious that Republicans continue to spout it. It's kind of like using the Colbert Report or the Onion to make your argument.

He spoke in Vegas it seems. Bi-partisan bill with 4 planks. 1) Tougher borders 2) Cracking down employers who hire illegals 3) Making it easier to come here legally and 4) A path for citizenship for illegals here already. Nothing about sending them back, told you guys both parties want them here for the labor.

Yupe... he is very predictable. He uses seductive words to entice both parties, but then throws in making all illegals already here legal citizens. They committed a FEDERAL crime at that, by crossing into our country illegally. He doesn't enforce the law on the books, he bypasses in favor of gaining more votes for his party. He wants the illegals to praise him, to look up to him, to think of him and the democrats as their protectors. It is another amnesty, which would be like the third time he has tried this. All he is doing is rewarding bad behavior.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

Im all for allowing illegals amnesty and there families as well. I hate having a militarized border with our neighbor to the South. Freedom of movement should not be a crime. Naturalization is a bit different and could be addressed but for those that have spent the majority of there lives working laboriously seperated from families I have empathy and think there should be some kind of kindness showed for the betterment of humanity.

• Like 1

Im all for allowing illegals amnesty and there families as well. I hate having a militarized border with our neighbor to the South. Freedom of movement should not be a crime. Naturalization is a bit different and could be addressed but for those that have spent the majority of there lives working laboriously seperated from families I have empathy and think there should be some kind of kindness showed for the betterment of humanity.

The problem is who pays?

For tearing down the fence ? Or for the paperwork (we could use hemp, its cheap and renewable)? Damn. It might even create some jobs to push all them currently here illegals through the amnesty process.

And der. Its a form and has to be filed so there would be a fee for that.

Kidding aside that would be a minor cost in the scheme of things and we would get a massive return by making them legal tax paying welfare recipients erm..workers.

No offense bro...

But you're making granting amnesty to be an investment where in fact there is an added cost to the FED GOV which may never be repaid.

No worries. Its just my personal opinion. And not well thought out. I just see there to be some kind of workaround to maintaining a militarized border with Mexico which definently isnt saving us any dollars.

Nor is it very neighborly like.

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

Honestly amnesty and all sounds like a decent idea in principal,but now days most people in this country want something for nothing.Even if the immigrants come here and work for low wages they cannot even if legal help pay for the "mooching" class.Our spending is out of control to help people who have no plans at all of ever helping contribute to society.This goes now days for people of every color,culture,or anything else who is here its just gimme.

• Like 1

Honestly amnesty and all sounds like a decent idea in principal

It does. It just falls apart when the Federal government decides its implementation. They make things look so ugly and not very friendly like. I just look at how travel across Europe is done and see we are so paranoid in comparison.

I expect Canada to start building a wall next to protect itself from immigration issues. Its just a tumbling weed the way it is now.

• Like 1

I know some good hard working legal immigrants it even angers them that they did it the right way,yet now others come here illegally and have it better than them!Who could blame them.

Yeah. Thats the thing who can blame them. When we offer more to them here free then they can get back in Mexico. In there eyes its the American dream come true. Like you say though the majority are hard working. Even many illegals are hard working.

I wonder out of curiosity what the percentage of illegals receiving welfare is in comparison to legalized (all races) receiving welfare. Would be an interesting comparison.

We should just start calling them 'Iffy' Immigrants then. Since obviously breaking into a country isn't a simple cut and dry case of 'hey! Get back over there!'. It's, 'well darnit, we gotta get votes out of this somehow'.

Also: 'Federal immigration law says that unlawful presence in the country is a civil offense and is, therefore, not a crime. The punishment is deportation.' Source: http://www.tolerance.org/magazine/number-39-spring-2011/feature/10-myths-about-immigration

Fine, you're right. Don't go to jail. Just get out and stay out or get in the proper way.

For tearing down the fence ? Or for the paperwork (we could use hemp, its cheap and renewable)? Damn. It might even create some jobs to push all them currently here illegals through the amnesty process.

Or we could just pack a bowl and pass it around.

• Like 1

I have the solution to illegal immigration: Develop a technology like that used in "Ghostbusters" movies which can trap and hold illegals indefinitely in a special containment facility. If you see for example someone working in the kitchen at a restaurant who you suspect to be illegal, you would call La Migra and they would be deployed to the scene to catch the offender.

It is said that atoms are 99% empty space. If that empty space could be utilized to contain illegals, the cost of deporting them should be minimal. A letter-sized enveloped could transfer billions, maybe trillions of illegals back to Mexico for the price of a stamp.

A letter-sized enveloped could transfer billions, maybe trillions of illegals back to Mexico for the price of a stamp.

we don't have billions or trillons illegals from south america. but we might one day.

actually that is great idea, beats the hell out of todays transportation.

Edited by aztek

we don't have billions or trillons illegals from south america. but we might one day.

actually that is great idea, beats the hell out of todays transportation.

There are problems though. If you hide your weed for example in the same envelope in which the Mexicans are stored, you might smoke them both :ph34r:

• Like 1