Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yahweh / El - God of The Bible is Satan

Arpee

29 minutes ago, larryp said:

The encyclopedia says it's YHWH, not your fantasy!!!

God can be and not be whatever I choose. Even your god is a manmade myth, just like all the rest. I find it interesting and more telling of a person, some who are Christian are decent people, good people. Others however are self righteous pricks. Those are the types I have no use for. They are spiritual vacant. Like a sleazy hotel. It might have a nice appearance on the outside, but rotten inside. 

If there truly is a god, perhaps it would be willing to enlighten you to your flaws. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, larryp said:

As we have learned, Israelites sold themselves into slavery. It's a good thing because I wouldn't want to pay for someone else's lavish lifestyle; would you, Sir Wearer? We also know that the Jews were set free during the Jubilee.
Always remember, YHWH didn't create slavery; Adam did.

And as anyone who reads the Bible also sees, that they can easily enslave other nations and wiggle around the freeing them on the Jubilee through intimidation - remember, they can “willingly” enter slavery for life, all they need to do is “swear it” before a judge. 
We also see that YHWH was very quick to stomp down on murder, theft, rape (sort of), sex with pigs, wearing mixed fibres, what you can and cannot eat, how to properly beat a slave and get away with it, what you can and cannot eat, who you can and cannot have sex with and when….. but decided somewhere along the way to be totes cool with slavery because one single line could have forbade it. 
“Thou Shall Not Enslave Another Human Being” could very easily have replaced “thou shall not create and worship idols” as one of the big ten. Nope. Comes up with dozens of rules about how to create slaves, how to treat and mistreat them, how to release them, how to not release them… that’s tacit approval at the very least. 
and this is all post-Noah so really - any Adamic deals or plans are moot. 

and how, exactly, does selling oneself into slavery connect to paying for someone else’s lifestyle? Self slavery was presented as a debtor’s punishment and very clearly the sort of thing that is lifted on the Jubilee, while foreigners as slaves are not mentioned in the same sections as Jubilee liberations. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And as anyone who reads the Bible also sees, that they can easily enslave other nations and wiggle around the freeing them on the Jubilee through intimidation - remember, they can “willingly” enter slavery for life, all they need to do is “swear it” before a judge. 
We also see that YHWH was very quick to stomp down on murder, theft, rape (sort of), sex with pigs, wearing mixed fibres, what you can and cannot eat, how to properly beat a slave and get away with it, what you can and cannot eat, who you can and cannot have sex with and when….. but decided somewhere along the way to be totes cool with slavery because one single line could have forbade it. 
“Thou Shall Not Enslave Another Human Being” could very easily have replaced “thou shall not create and worship idols” as one of the big ten. Nope. Comes up with dozens of rules about how to create slaves, how to treat and mistreat them, how to release them, how to not release them… that’s tacit approval at the very least. 
and this is all post-Noah so really - any Adamic deals or plans are moot. 

and how, exactly, does selling oneself into slavery connect to paying for someone else’s lifestyle? Self slavery was presented as a debtor’s punishment and very clearly the sort of thing that is lifted on the Jubilee, while foreigners as slaves are not mentioned in the same sections as Jubilee liberations. 

Sounds less "god" and more man, mankind using god to validate what they wish. 

• Like 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

Sounds less "god" and more man, mankind using god to validate what they wish. 

I’m shocked, SHOCKED I say at such an interpretation of the Bible. 

• Haha 3

I can look at certain bible stories as lessons rather than literal. Guess you can call it personal interpretation.

Job represents perseverence in the face of calamity.

The Good Samaritan is a story about kindness to others.

That whole walking on water bit could be seen as overcoming limited thinking.

Even the fish and loaves might be seen as giving in abundance. 

As for faith moving mountains. Well, that might just be that even a little trust can change everything. 

Then again this is coming for an ex-christian. I'm not fond of taking the bible literally, nor am I interested in a blood thirsty hateful judgemental god. 

• Like 4

I think you are all missing an important point.  In the Context......  the context...   t  h  e    C  O  N   T   E  X   T   ....of the Bible...God is The Creator.  The Created do not get to tell God what he should do, or can't do, or anything at all.  The Created's  only job is to Worship and Obey the Creator.

So, when The Creator got mad at his Creation for not obeying him.  He destroyed all of them except for one guy that did obey him...and out of all happened afterward...God decided to have mercy on that man and his family and all of the rest of their descendants.  And...he would have mercy on anyone else that decided to Worship and Obey him.

God is the Creator...he sets the rules...we don't get to form a panel for discussion and bring him our discrepancies in outcomes.  It doesn't work that way.  

So....you  have two choices....Worship and Obey The Creator...or...abandoned the effort and  be done with it....with consequences.

In the context however;   of Reality....which is where most people actually live...it is an entirely different world.   But since most people live in Reality, and since most people believe in the God of the Bible...it is necessary to mesh the two together into some sort of understandable Dogma.    Quite impossible because one is fantasy.  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Amazing, how much effort is put into bolstering or deconstructing what Jews consider, basically, to be their creation myths and morally instructional fairy tales for children.

What is amazing about it....exactly?  

12 minutes ago, joc said:

What is amazing about it....exactly?  

What words in the sentence don't you understand?

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I can look at certain bible stories as lessons rather than literal. Guess you can call it personal interpretation.

Job represents perseverence in the face of calamity.

The Good Samaritan is a story about kindness to others.

That whole walking on water bit could be seen as overcoming limited thinking.

Even the fish and loaves might be seen as giving in abundance. 

As for faith moving mountains. Well, that might just be that even a little trust can change everything. 

Then again this is coming for an ex-christian. I'm not fond of taking the bible literally, nor am I interested in a blood thirsty hateful judgemental god. 

In many ways this is how we teach the Bible at school, we call it “the world in front of the Text”, or “the author and me”. 

• Like 1

I don't think there is anyway to get rid of slavery. Why? Because, everyone employed is basically a slave to their employer. We have laws and rules so our employers actually pay us and so they can't out right beat us or put us into horrible life threatening conditions. This is probably the nicest form of slavery in the first world. It seems like it can be defined as slavery though. To not be a slave, you would literally have to own all your things and be a seller and totally self reliant. Then you would probably own your own slaves aka employees. The best bet is not to become a slave, or treat your own slaves exceptionally well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2021 at 3:03 PM, onlookerofmayhem said:

So god screwed up with the very first person it created?

What a dumbass.

No, YHWH gave them free will, unlike the animals he created, who are governed by instinct.

13 minutes ago, larryp said:

No, YHWH gave them free will, unlike the animals he created, who are governed by instinct.

Then he made killers since Cain willingly slew Abel.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2021 at 12:06 PM, Guyver said:

Larry, I just don’t think you get the point at all.  It seems I’m going to have to break it down in the simplest of terms possible.  SLAVERY IS WRONG LARRY!!!!!!!!

There are dozens of things wrong with our daily activities of living; YHWH condemns them like murder, adultery, etc., people still commit them. The only thing YHWH was trying to do with slavery is a lesson the blows by enacting laws designed to protect them, and remember YHWH didn't create slavery; Adan did.

Edited by larryp
the details!

16 minutes ago, larryp said:

There are dozens of things wrong with our daily activities of living; YHWH condemns them like murder, adultery, etc., people still commit them. The only thing YHWH was trying to do with slavery is a lesson the blows by enacting laws designed to protect them, and remember YHWH didn't create slavery; Adan did.

Hi Larry

That is some pretty wack **** your spouting this last while but in this particular instance being a slave does not infer that someone is a criminal or sinner and would suggest that the slave owner was a criminal and a sinner and not one or the other. But then beauty is in the hole of the behinder I guess.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, larryp said:

And God didn’t invent mixed fibres but yet condemns the wearing of them. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And God didn’t invent mixed fibres but yet condemns the wearing of them. 

I’m sorry, I just don’t understand how the wearing of mixed fibers is so problematic.  

2 hours ago, Guyver said:

I’m sorry, I just don’t understand how the wearing of mixed fibers is so problematic.  

Neither do I, but it’s a Levitician commandment. Same place “don’t eat shellfish” or “don’t sleep with men like you sleep with women” comes from. 
I have heard it was meant to foster internal clothmaking as oppposed to trading for cloth and to avoid expensive Greek-y things like silk (which you obviously wear along with another fibre, as entirely silk clothes cost several fortunes back then). 

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 3

The direct, albeit unwilling cause of the catastrophe which affects us all to this day was Moses

”Moses was a conjurer and a deceiver”

~ Apollonius Molon

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollonius_Molon

But you won’t find that quote on the wiki page.  

Edited by Festina

• The topic was locked