Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Passed away pets

Mikeinpgh

It's been almost week since I had to put down my dog. She's the 3rd dog I've lost in 6 years. I have a very strong bond with my dogs during the short time we've spent together. It's very hard when they have to leave me.

Does anybody know if they visit us or if we will see them again? I've read other threads on this subject. But I was wondering if anybody can sense their energy or mine. Or, if you can tell me anything helpful.

My name is Mike.

My dog's name is Big Bell(Bella). I attached a picture.

Thank you for your help.

Mike

post-126066-0-34669400-1359184982_thumb.

• Like 1

It doesn't take a psychic to tell you two had a very close bond, but I feel like she misses you and loves you very much. I had a seven month old kitty named Sophie, she had feline leukemia and I had to put her down. I stayed with her until the very end. I was so filled with grief she actually had to come visit me and this is what she told me that when I first left she was so scared she would never see me again, and she was so glad to be back with me and her brother (I had her cremated) and that she was happy she still had my love. She wanted me to know there was pain, so much pain but the only thing that made it better was my love. And that to her it didn't make a difference if she was alive or dead, that it felt the same to her except there wasn't any pain, the pain was gone. And then I felt the most beautiful thing, I felt her soul move on to heaven.

Whenever the pain gets too bad for me, I remember her words. And she visits me from time to time. But if you truly loved your Bella, she will always be with you, especially in your heart. Just hold still and close your eyes and you'll feel her.

Idk why but I felt drawn to tell you my story, and I never told anyone before the words my little angel, my princess Sophie spoke to me before. But I hope my message has helped you :)

Hi Mike, I'm Duncan - welcome to UM. I can't offer any words that make such a loss any easier - except to tell you you are not alone. Many people lose their loved ones - for that's what our pets are to most of us - and the loss is hard to bear. I had a Beagle, got her in '93 and she stole my heart away. She was as stupid as the day was long and could be obnoxiously loud at times, and I've never loved a non-human more than I did that animal. She was a part of our lives for nearly 16 years and when she passed from cancer 4 years ago it broke my heart. I grieved for months and slowly the grief turned to a kind of melancholy and then just to a warmth when I thought of her. Now I think of the comical things she always did and the joy she brought into my life and I feel blessed to have had her for so long. I earnestly hope that your pain will soon be swallowed up in such warm memories. God bless you and Bel's memory.

There's been quite a discussion about this topic recently here --> http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=240939&st=0 .

I debated with myself for quite some time before posting this: I just gotta say that we need to be objective about animals and not suffer when they are lost or pass. As an animal lover myself I have had to learn to maintain a certain detachment and learn to see the pet's death as something that necessarily must happen. We have them, we cherish and enjoy them, and then they are gone.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what you're going through - I lost 4 cats and my horse in 2012. I can't really tell you anything helpful except that I believe I was visited by my puppy a week after we put him to sleep. If you need anyone to talk to while you grieve, please feel free to PM me. I assure you, it does get easier to deal with the grief :(

I've been wondering the same thing since I "lost" my sweet baby girl, Missy, 4 years ago!!!! But, the pain does subside a bit, as time goes by.

Missy was 14 yrs. old when we had to put her to rest. One day she just started to bloat up and was having a hard time breathing and was in a lot of pain, it was getting worse by the min. We took her to the vet, who said there was nothing he could do for her, since she was so old. He said the most humane thing would be to put her to sleep. That was one

of the hardest things I had to do in my life, but, I didn't want her to suffer anymore. It still hurts, but, not as bad. I think about her everyday, wishing she was here with me!!!

I'm not even ready to look for another "little buddy", don't know if I'll ever be ready either.

I understand how hard it is, but, I hope that by reading all of the responses to your post, helps you to know that you're not alone, we are all here for you!!!!

Don't hold your emotions in, talk about Big Bell, as much as you need to and it's ok to cry, let it all out!!! Just like "shadowlark" said: "it does get easier to deal with the grief'!!!!

There are a lot of people that don't understand how or why we feel like we do. But, here on UM, us fellow pet lovers, do understand what your going through and we

are here for you!!! you can also pm me too if you would like!!!!

It's been almost week since I had to put down my dog. She's the 3rd dog I've lost in 6 years. I have a very strong bond with my dogs during the short time we've spent together. It's very hard when they have to leave me.

Does anybody know if they visit us or if we will see them again? I've read other threads on this subject. But I was wondering if anybody can sense their energy or mine. Or, if you can tell me anything helpful.

My name is Mike.

Thank you for your help.

Mike

They do come visit .One visited two years in a row ,then cam back ....

I have had them come back ,reincarnated .....or so it seems .

This is something I had no idea existed ,until it happened .

I have had two of my cats come back .One has come back more than once ,so I think he's one of my guardians.

Thank you all for your kind words. Reading all of the responses was very touching. I see there are a lot of animal lovers here. Also, thanking for sharing your personal stories.

Big Bell was diagnosed with Lymphoma December 20 and given 1 to 3 months. It was almost exactly 1 month.

I picked up Big bell's ashes today. They were put in such a beautiful box. It is very hard. I never cried in front of so many strangers before in my life(as an adult LOL) when we took her to the Vet for the last time. Funny how I'm really not embarassed. What I think is weird is, I don't cry at funerals.

I did read the thread Lord Vetinari mentioned last week. A lot of mixed responses there. I forget the memb er's name, but they posted some interesting Bible verses regarding animals. I sure hope they go to heaven.

I don't have any psychic abilities, but it would nice to know Big Bell and my other pets could visit me. Do you have any tips on how I can feel her and really know she's there sometimes?

Thank you,

Mike

Thank you all for your kind words. Reading all of the responses was very touching. I see there are a lot of animal lovers here. Also, thanking for sharing your personal stories.

Big Bell was diagnosed with Lymphoma December 20 and given 1 to 3 months. It was almost exactly 1 month.

I picked up Big bell's ashes today. They were put in such a beautiful box. It is very hard. I never cried in front of so many strangers before in my life(as an adult LOL) when we took her to the Vet for the last time. Funny how I'm really not embarassed. What I think is weird is, I don't cry at funerals.

I did read the thread Lord Vetinari mentioned last week. A lot of mixed responses there. I forget the memb er's name, but they posted some interesting Bible verses regarding animals. I sure hope they go to heaven.

I don't have any psychic abilities, but it would nice to know Big Bell and my other pets could visit me. Do you have any tips on how I can feel her and really know she's there sometimes?

Thank you,

Mike

Ever since my Sophie's spirit moved on to heaven to wait for me, she's only visited me once. and I didn't feel her I saw her clear as day laying on her spot. But I do have psychic ability and it doesn't take much for me to close my eyes and think of her, then feel her in a good place (heaven) since our souls became one in her short stay on earth.

For someone who doesn't have psychic ability I'm not sure there are any tips. But if you feel Bella there, then she's probably there. She's your baby and you wouldn't mistaken her presence. But when she's not with you, know she's in the comforts of Heaven, waiting for you like my babies are waiting for me.

My name is Mike.

Thank you for your help.

Mike

In my experience dogs are very intuitive creatures and in touch with that part very naturally. I find they come through very easily in the thought/dream streams, so if you have any dreams or thoughts, like visual thoughts/memories pop in seemingly randomly, then that is one way they come and say hello. To acknowledge them when it happens, just send a picture thought back to them showing what you want to express. It's like sending a little picture data packet and you might get one back.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Mike,

Eight months ago, our Samoyed lost his battle against old age. I found the following on the Internet that really helped me to heal. At the time, it made me feel as if our beloved Samoyed was speaking directly to us.

I hope that this unknown writing helps you in realising that Big Bell will -always- be in your heart and her spirit will always be with you.

I am your dog and have something I would love to whisper in your ear.

I know that you humans lead busy lives. Some have to work, some have children to raise, some have to do this alone. It always seems like you are running here and there, often much too fast, often never noticing the truly grand things in life.

Look down at me now. See the way my dark brown eyes look at yours.

You smile at me. I see love in your eyes. What do you see in mine? Do you see a spirit? A soul inside, who loves you as no other could in the world? A spirit that would forgive all trespasses of prior wrongdoing for just a simple moment of your time?

That is all I ask. To slow down, if even for a few minutes, and be with me.

So many times, you have been saddened by others of my kind, passing on. Sometimes we die young and oh so quickly, so suddenly it wrenches your heart out of your throat. Sometimes, we age so slowly before your eyes that you may not even seem to know until the very end, when we look at you with grizzled muzzles and cataract-clouded eyes. Still the love is always there, even when we must take that last long sleep dreaming of running free in a distant, open land.

I may not be here tomorrow. I may not be here next week. Someday you will shed the water from your eyes, that humans have when grief fills their souls, and you will mourn the loss of just ‘one more day’ with me. Because I love you so, this future sorrow even now touches my spirit and grieves me. I read you in so many ways that you cannot even start to contemplate.

We have now together. So come and sit next to me here on the floor and look deep into my eyes. Do you see how if you look deeply at me we can talk, you and I, heart to heart. Come not to me as my owner but as a living soul. Stroke my fur and let us look deep into the other’s eyes and talk with our hearts.

I may tell you something about the fun of working the scents in the woods where you and I go. Or I may tell you something profound about myself or how we dogs see life in general. I know you decided to have me in your life because you wanted a soul to share things with. I know how much you have cared for me and always stood up for me even when others have been against me. I know how hard you have worked to help me to be the teacher that I was born to be. That gift from you has been very precious to me. I know too that you have been through troubled times and I have been there to guard you, to protect you, to be there for you always.

I am very different to you but here I am. I am a dog but just as alive as you.

I feel emotion. I feel physical senses. I can revel in the differences of our spirits and souls. I do not think of you as a dog on two feet; I know what you are. You are human, in all of your quirkiness, and I love you still.

So come sit with me on the floor. Enter my world and let time slow down if only for a few minutes. Look deep into my eyes and whisper in my ears. Speak with your heart and I will know your true self.

We may not have tomorrow but we do have now.

(The author is unknown.)

Mike, our Samoyed was a rescue and we were blessed with him for only three years. The time we had with him was short, but we found some comfort in knowing that we gave him the best three years of his life. I strongly believe that we Humans were given emotions/developed emotions/evolved emotions to share with animals because we are their care takers on this Earth and they will remember and we must never forget that their spirit will always be within our hearts. The hardest thing for me was the need for something tangible, to stroke him, to cuddle him and so, I kept reminders such as his toys. Even the ones he we gave him but he was too ill to use. Our Samoyed was the first ever pet dog that my husband ever had, so needless to say he was absolutely inconsolable.

As part of the healing process, we went to the local Dog's Trust. I was always raised with animals, so I knew that being around others actually does help one to heal. Once we left the Dog's Trust that day and came home to have a heart to heart with one another, my husband asked the Universe for a just a healthy dog. It didn't matter the size, breed, colour or gender. The next time we went to the Dog's Trust, it was there the Universe gave us what my husband asked for and his name is Hugh and he was a four month old black Labrador. It helped me to heal greatly to be able to share our Samoyed's toys with Hugh and amazingly, Hugh treats those specific toys with the utmost care. As if he knows just how precious they are to me.

Dogs give us unconditional love, they are more capable of doing it than us Humans. Dogs give us unconditional love and they will never lose the scent of our spirit. Their spirit always returns home and Big Bell's home is your heart.

Sincerely,

Hope.

Edited by Asadora
  • Like 2

You love them. They love you. I have had to put down friends over the years. They never really leave you. Give yourself some time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll keep that in mind blu3.

Hope, That writing is BEAUTIFUL. We got Big Bell from her owner after she couldn't take care of her any more. We had her for 3 years. We were blessed to have in our lives for that short period. She always wanted to cuddle. She thought she was a lap dog and always had to be touching me if I was sitting on the floor watching TV. LOL

It's nice to read all of your replies. Thanks

• Like 1

My name is Mike.

Thank you for your help.

Mike

Oi, that's a blurry picture. Beautiful dog sir and I'm so so sorry to hear about the pain you've gone through losing a furry loved one. Would it be any bother if I took a few shots here?

Was Bella a sick girl as a puppy? Maybe something like worms or another bacterial/organism type issue. She was a sweetie wasn't she? Were her 4 legged siblings both brothers? I get a very spunky pup who had no trouble holding her own with the other dogs. I see a favorite chew toy but I don't know if it was 'hers' so to speak. I see something red and rubbery laying in tallish grass. Could be the grass in that pic's back ground. Did you ever put her somewhere like in a window seat or window sill as a puppy? I get the sense she was the topic of some disagreements between you and a blond woman who I otherwise only see as having some kind of dangly-jangly bracelet on her wrist. For you, Mike, at the moment I'm seeing boats right now, not sure why...

Personally I think pets never stop loving us, and I'd like to think life is just one big journey, at the end of which all our pets will be there to greet us at the door.

A cat's love is one of quiet contentment at being near you; a dog's love can be that way too but it is also often expressed with exuberant, almost uncontrollable joy.

The difference between these animals and, say, the fish on my desk, is remarkable -- they take no notice except when I approach with the fish food. There clearly has been an evolution in animal sentience, and it makes me feel better eating fish than eating beef.

Your Bella is still with you and as your grief slowly lifts you will begin to notice the signs that she is still around you. She was your 'heart' animal and the bond you shared was pure joy-she was your loyal companion and still is. When you go on your walks she is right there with you..

I keep seeing a German shepherd and also a red collar-not sure if this resonates with you but I feel as if this 'soul' has been with you before in this lifetime.

Oi, that's a blurry picture. Beautiful dog sir and I'm so so sorry to hear about the pain you've gone through losing a furry loved one. Would it be any bother if I took a few shots here?

Was Bella a sick girl as a puppy? Maybe something like worms or another bacterial/organism type issue. She was a sweetie wasn't she? Were her 4 legged siblings both brothers? I get a very spunky pup who had no trouble holding her own with the other dogs. I see a favorite chew toy but I don't know if it was 'hers' so to speak. I see something red and rubbery laying in tallish grass. Could be the grass in that pic's back ground. Did you ever put her somewhere like in a window seat or window sill as a puppy? I get the sense she was the topic of some disagreements between you and a blond woman who I otherwise only see as having some kind of dangly-jangly bracelet on her wrist. For you, Mike, at the moment I'm seeing boats right now, not sure why...

Personally I think pets never stop loving us, and I'd like to think life is just one big journey, at the end of which all our pets will be there to greet us at the door.

I didn't have Big Bell until she was 1-1/2 years old. She was very small for a Rottweiler. She was supposed to pure bred, but we have our doubts(not that it mattered). I think she was healthy her whole life until she was diagnosed with lymphoma this past December. We have no record of her past.

I had a dream I was on a boat and she was there. Kind of weird. She was just there at one point in the dream, but had nothing to do with the dream. That's the only time she was in my dream.

Your Bella is still with you and as your grief slowly lifts you will begin to notice the signs that she is still around you. She was your 'heart' animal and the bond you shared was pure joy-she was your loyal companion and still is. When you go on your walks she is right there with you..

I keep seeing a German shepherd and also a red collar-not sure if this resonates with you but I feel as if this 'soul' has been with you before in this lifetime.

I never had a German Shepherd, but there were people close to me that had them in the past. Any idea what it looked like? Color or name?

Thank you both for your replies. Also thank you to the others I didn't quote.