Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

science set free

markdohle

Thanks for the post, Mark. I got through 20 minutes of it, will have to come back to it. I was struck some time ago that the description of dark matter & dark energy often resembles a description of God. We can't see it, feel it hear it, measure it, prove it's existence, it's everywhere and affects everything. I love people like Sheldrake who think outside the box, because i believe the box is way to small to hold everything.

• Like 1

Hi Beany, You are not the first to understand that we must throw away boxes/labels/concepts when trying to grasp the infinite, most fear to accept your understanding, as we are have been taught to use only the intellect and doubt things like intuition. Here’s a Chinese saying from 4/500bc

“Look, and it can't be seen. Listen, and it can't be heard.

Reach, and it can't be grasped.

Above, it isn't bright. Below, it isn't dark. Seamless, unnamable,

it returns to the realm of nothing. Form that includes all forms,

image without an image, subtle, beyond all conception.

Approach it and there is no beginning; follow it and there is no end.

You can't know it, but you can be it, at ease in your own life.

Just realize where you come from: this is the essence of wisdom.” Tao Te Ching 14

The author Lao Tzu also offers some advice

“Can you coax your mind from its wandering and keep to the original oneness?

Can you let your body become supple as a newborn child's?

Can you cleanse your inner vision until you see nothing but the light?

Can you love people and lead them without imposing your will?

Can you deal with the most vital matters by letting events take their course?

Can you step back from you own mind and thus understand all things?

Giving birth and nourishing, having without possessing,

acting with no expectations, leading and not trying to control:

this is the supreme virtue.” TTC10

Take care

Edited by sutemi

I went to his workshop and met him personally, love the guy. It was on this very subject... Unfortunately I did not spend as much time with him as I intended ( my truck broke down), but he is comeing back in sept and I will be there aswell... Anyone want to join me in sept? If you are not in California I'll pick you up a nearby airport and we will go together?

My eventful trip visiting dr. Sheldrake.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2493&showentry=26163

Oh mark!!!! I think he will be presenting along with a bishop this time. These are retreats not some lecture. You should come!!!!!!

Edited by Seeker79

Hi Mark, Great vid thanks. I first came across Sheldrake last year on a UK radio program when he was part of a discussion with a well-known British TV Physicist. At one point the Physicist said,’ you are only a Biologist’ to which Rupert responded by saying like, ‘you only know about 5% of your science, if I as Biologist was only aware of 5% of Biology, I would know everything about Slugs!’ I am so glad that some Scientists are willing to run the gauntlet of main stream science fundamentalists, I also like sir Roger Penrose and Astronomer royal Sir Martin Reese (check out his science series ‘what we still don’t know’ on utube). Science has lost its way some what under pressure from dogma but also MONEY they need funding and support so they have to toe the line. I have a question though, where are the UM sceptics? Here’s a vid with Dr Peter Fenwick and Rupert Sheldrake

Edited by sutemi

I've really been following this Sheldrake guy online and plan to get his book sometime (just haven't had time)

I can't believe how much I agree with him. Thank you for posting the video though, that was the best speech I've heard from him so far.