Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Dolphin Asks Divers for Help

ExpandMyMind

An amazing dolphin rescue was captured on video by a group a divers after the animal approached them for help.

On Jan. 11, a group of divers in the waters of Kona, Hawaii, saw a bottlenose dolphin swim into the dive area, Yahoo! News U.K. notes.

At closer glance, diver Keller Laros saw the dolphin had a fishing hook caught in its pectoral fin. The dolphin appeared to approach Laros for help and rolled over to position itself properly.

http://www.huffingto...tm_hp_ref=green

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 6

Wonderful :clap:

• Like 1

It goes to show how intelligent these sentient creatures really are, actually exhibiting an awareness of our own intelligence (and even more amazing, an awareness of our manual dexterity!).

• Like 2

Considering it probably knew it was a man that caused it in the first place it was very trusting of the dolphin but maybe they know the men in the water are ok and above the water are the dangeroue one's,who knows?

This reminds me of something I observed at a dolphin exhibit in San Diego. This little kid about three years old was having a staring contest with a young dolphin through the transparent wall of the tank. The dolphin actually stood up on his rear flipper and used his front flippers to lean against the tank in a standing position. Both dolphin and child were mutually fascinated with each other. A few adults tried to distract the dolphin. But the dolphin would not avert his gaze from the child. This went on for 5 minutes. I wish I had a camera. Amazing and very human-like!

Edited by rangerdude

My head hurts. We shop in the supermarkets for for humanely farmed animal and sea-creatures to eat and yet when one needs help, we help.

A dophin with a fish hook, because it is sentinent we help.

A makerel that is hooked, because we have a sustainable farming practice in place, we let die and eat.

If I were an animal, fish or other I would not ever be-able to understand the human race. :no:

• 8 months later...

On a night-time dive near Hawaii, 2 divers were found by a bottlenose dolphin and started to swim around them over and over again. When looking closer, one of them discovered the reason for this strange behavior - the dolphin had a fishing line hooked around it, hindering its ability to swim.

They cut him free, and the dolphin swam away, relieved. The fact that a dolphin would come to humans for help is once again evidence of its amazing intelligence, as most injured animals would never come close to a human and would actually be aggressive and defensive.

http://www.ba-bamail.com//View.aspx?emailid=4120&source=mobile_share#.UkxtbVNS8wp