Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secret door at Machu Picchu

Big Bad Voodoo

I bet they will find some kind of alien mummies in there

I'll take that bet. How much? :)

• Like 2

seems like i remenber sum thing or another about this from back in the 80's about a door being found ??? err could be the same one or maybe it was one of them old temples south america some place

How much do you bet? I am game to bet against you. Easiest win ever.

• Like 1

It's Hoffa!

Cheers,

Badeskov

So that's where they hid the body. :P

According to my sources, it was Abe that found that door.... many moons ago. :)

Yeah, I took a dump, and closed the door for ever. It smelled to high heaven inside after I was finished. It became a bio-hazard, I tell ya!

In April 2012 they conducted electromagnetic survey, and applied for licence to open the hatch in May 2012? And after 7 months lincence was still not granted? Something smells really fishy here and it ain't lamma dumplings.

• Like 1

I'll take that bet. How much? :)

How much do you bet? I am game to bet against you. Easiest win ever.

Yea, chalk me up too buddy. Don't listen to Zaphod, You can totally win this!

:3

Who knows, those rooms could contain records telling a different history of humankind. Far different from what we were told in classrooms.

You mean exciting scenarios like descriptions of alien interference, or extraterrestrial origins, things like that? Meh, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Don't suppose I could interest you in a bet...? I can add it to my one with coolguy :P

Edited by ad hoc

I read (years ago) that there was a secret door in the sphinx (egypt), i think it was in one of his paws/ feet! Anyone know anything more about it?

The delay in securing permission to investigate further is due to negotiations for TV and other media rights and to hype the event. Do those in USA recall Geraldo and Al Capone's vault? Nil. Zero. Nada. Bust. Much Ado About Nothing. Hoax? Fraud?

I read (years ago) that there was a secret door in the sphinx (egypt), i think it was in one of his paws/ feet! Anyone know anything more about it?

I too would like to know more, I have heard grumblings throughout life about it but no one ever giving direct proof.

My first regression was very interesting to say the least but the doors were open at one point in time of it. Which only intriuged me further.

You mean exciting scenarios like descriptions of alien interference, or extraterrestrial origins, things like that? Meh, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Don't suppose I could interest you in a bet...? I can add it to my one with coolguy :P

It's ironic I never said that but you jumped to that conclusion for some reason. New discoveries are being made

all the time to change something about human history. For example the ancient city of Gobekli Tepe in Turkey.

Carbon Dating have proven it to be much older then the pyramids by 7000 yrs. Google it and educate yourself.

Once again E.T. was never mentioned. Try not to step on your lip. :P .

It will be cool to see what is in there. Sometimes these licenses can take a long time (or a big bribe).

I've never heard of a secret door in the Sphinx (Giza right?), but there are some tunnels that have been dug into and under it that are sealed off. I'm not sure, but I thought that basically tourists can walk right up on it, so it would have to be hidden super duper well.

Uh, isn't gold and silver sufficient to entice "officials"

It's ironic I never said that but you jumped to that conclusion for some reason. New discoveries are being made

all the time to change something about human history. For example the ancient city of Gobekli Tepe in Turkey.

Carbon Dating have proven it to be much older then the pyramids by 7000 yrs. Google it and educate yourself.

Once again E.T. was never mentioned. Try not to step on your lip. :P .

lol it was just a guess, not a major statement. A reasonable one tho, since fantasy scenarios are usually what people are talking about when they say that ancient ruins have hidden records of 'an alternate history of mankind completely different from what we're taught.'

Which, for that matter, Gobekli Tepe doesn't constitute. (yes I've heard about it thanks). It's a new piece of the puzzle, doesn't change the majority of what we know about antiquity though. Doesn't answer what scenarios you have in mind for the re-writing of the history of mankind, and that'll be found as records lying in an incan ruin. :lol:

Edited by ad hoc
  • Like 1

An old, disconnected toilet, a broken water heater and a shelf of empty mason jars. :whistle:

...and maybe this time Capone's treasure will be there! Has Geraldo been told?

Actually there is a legend that native's burried their precious stones there. It may not be from an earlier time.

I have been to Machu Picchu and it's absolutely stunning. It's obvious to me that the larger razor blade jointed megalithic stones in Peru, and other places in the world, are from an advance civilization that just doesn't fit with what we are taught in school. I like to travel and have visted many of the ancient cities....Cambodia, Egypt, Turkey, Thailand, Peru, Europe, US and I can see a similarity of that time period. In my opinion there was a very intelligent civilization on earth around 10,000 yrs ago and beyond.

• Like 1

I'm glad a lot of you aren't adventurers. We would never learn anything new or discover something exciting.

"History is written", "nothing new out there" Where is your sense of adventure?

What would people do if they opened the door and ET walked out saying "Its about damn time someone unlocked the door" - It wont, but tell me you wouldn't freak out. :alien::yes:

Personally, i would love to see them find something with a detailed history of their civilization and maybe even something that ties together what we already know or think we know.

I for one am tired of Governments taking years and years if at all to allow archaeologists access to these sites. It just means the finds wont be found until im long gone and that sucks.

I want to see a discovery of such magnitude that it rocks the world, it would make for a good diversion from the worlds current daily turmoil.

• Like 1

Every new discovery of ancient people is history changing, This one will be the same as soon as the red tape is lifted.

I'm glad a lot of you aren't adventurers. We would never learn anything new or discover something exciting.

"History is written", "nothing new out there" Where is your sense of adventure?

What would people do if they opened the door and ET walked out saying "Its about damn time someone unlocked the door" - It wont, but tell me you wouldn't freak out. :alien::yes:

Personally, i would love to see them find something with a detailed history of their civilization and maybe even something that ties together what we already know or think we know.

I for one am tired of Governments taking years and years if at all to allow archaeologists access to these sites. It just means the finds wont be found until im long gone and that sucks.

I want to see a discovery of such magnitude that it rocks the world, it would make for a good diversion from the worlds current daily turmoil.

Well, the only known record-keeping system of the Inca is a string/knot system that doesn't appear to have any capacity for recording language, so I wouldn't expect any particularly interesting records. I imagine it's probably just a hidden cache of valuable ornamental objects. Nice museum pieces, but nothing that will re-write any history.

lol it was just a guess, not a major statement. A reasonable one tho, since fantasy scenarios are usually what people are talking about when they say that ancient ruins have hidden records of 'an alternate history of mankind completely different from what we're taught.'

Which, for that matter, Gobekli Tepe doesn't constitute. (yes I've heard about it thanks). It's a new piece of the puzzle, doesn't change the majority of what we know about antiquity though. Doesn't answer what scenarios you have in mind for the re-writing of the history of mankind, and that'll be found as records lying in an incan ruin. :lol:

Since scientist are finding ancient cities that are dating in the 10's of 1000's and showing craftsmanship superior then expected, here's what I think.

Humankind was more advanced then what modern science gives them credit for. I don't believe ET had any involvement. It's just that some catastrophe

happened that set humankind back until we built ourselves back to what we are today.

If an asteroid impact (for example) hit today and wiped out 2/3 of the worlds population, we would be put back in the stone age until over a few 1000 years

we might build ourselves up to be advanced once again. But if scientist of the future look at the ruins of our legacy like an old rusted locomotive or the effiel Tower,

what do you suppose they would make of it? All this is just a theory of mine.

• Like 1

Mag 357; good theory. I was at the doctor's office with the wife today and glanced at a recent issue of the Smithsonian. They had a good article about many cracks in the previously unshakeable and tightly held (by the 'experts') Clovis People theory. That is, nothing much for humans in the America's until 12,500 years ago. Now it seems there are several sites (still hotly contested by the established 'experts' in the field) that are significantly older. One theory even suggests a colonization 20,000 years ago by the Solutreans(early Europeans) who brought there tool making skills with them and thats what eventually led to the Clovis points found out West. Best to keep an open mind and check for the facts rather than always taking that "expert" opinion.