Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any REAL Fixes for Firefox/Flash problem?

joc

SlimBrowser is still doing great.

But then I wanted to install the Google Toolbar.

SB warned me it may very well not be compatible, but I did it anyway....

And they were right: Google Toolbar is NOT compatible with SlimBrowser.

My computer froze 2 times, and then I uninstalled Google Toolbar from SlimBrowser, and everything was ok again.

Just saying.

• Like 1

This has been going on for awhile..but it is really starting to anger me. That's right! I'm p***ed! Does anybody know of a REAL fix for the problems with Flash and Firefox?

Your Firefox could have been corrupted.

Go into Control Panel, select your Windows version of Add/remove programs, find Firefox, delete it (you'll lose all your bookmarks; or alternatively you could import to IE, then export back out), reboot your computer, go to Mozilla's website, reinstall it, download the latest Flash version, enjoy!

Edit: Don't forget to re-add your bookmarks. ;)

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 1

Go into Control Panel, select your Windows version of Add/remove programs, find Firefox, delete it (you'll lose all your bookmarks; or alternatively you could import to IE, then export back out), reboot your computer, go to Mozilla's website, reinstall it, download the latest Flash version, enjoy!

Grrrrrrr...thanks though! I am...Grrrrrr.ing because I already did that. Yep, lost all my bookmarks, etc. Actually I deleted everything mozilla/firefox and deleted everything flash...then reinstalled both...same problem...and it is also a problem on my daughters laptop. Same issue...hmmm

hmmm....could it have anything to do with my router? Nah, because IE works fine. Thinking more about the Slim thing now.

• Like 1

If it's corrupted, he'd probably have to go into his registry and scour every inch for anything that possibly mention Firefox or the internet to be safe, which would take longer and be more in-depth than building a death star.

I got my little Fallout 2 game corrupted a ways back, and that was hard enough to fish out any registry tidbits that needed cleaning out. No amount of deleting the game itself and reinstalling would save me. I gave up, and couldn't play it again until I got a new computer. I can't imagine taking on removing any trace of the only program you use to access anything on the internet from your entire registry. That would be one for the books.

• Like 1

Grrrrrrr...thanks though! I am...Grrrrrr.ing because I already did that. Yep, lost all my bookmarks, etc. Actually I deleted everything mozilla/firefox and deleted everything flash...then reinstalled both...same problem...and it is also a problem on my daughters laptop. Same issue...hmmm

hmmm....could it have anything to do with my router? Nah, because IE works fine. Thinking more about the Slim thing now.

Joc, in case haven't tried it yet, try SlimBrowser.

It looks a lot like good/bad ol' IE, but it's faster.

I have used it for day now, and I like it.

Yes, I know you want your FF fixed, but what you really want is access to the internet without much fuss, right?

Older versions of flash?

http://helpx.adobe.c...r-versions.html

Man, I am thanking you even as I am downloading....we will see what we will see....

Oh...btw... _Only......I was doing something a while ago and I saw a file that said something like Old Firefox Data...I haven't clicked on that but I will let you know what I find there.

Older versions of flash?

http://helpx.adobe.c...r-versions.html

Ah...that was a huge fail! See, the problem is that Adobe killed all the installers. You can download the file, but you cannot install it.

I'm going back to the firefox data file I found....will keep you posted.

SUCCESS! :clap:

All I needed to do was install the latest version of Real Player~! That's it! Problem Solved!

Thank you for all your help! :tu:

Ugh, I had to disable Real Player on my Chrome, because the Flash downloader thing was bugging out in the play screen on all of my videos.

Real Player strikes another.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

+1 for persistence Joc, Its almost always just one stupid click away from a fix. Glad to hear your up and running again. I couldnt live without my utube tunes.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Joc, in case haven't tried it yet, try SlimBrowser.

It looks a lot like good/bad ol' IE, but it's faster.

I have used it for day now, and I like it.

Yes, I know you want your FF fixed, but what you really want is access to the internet without much fuss, right?

OK, I have tried "SlimBrowser" for a long time now, and it sucks.

I have an AOL email account, and when I login, it tells me like 5+ times I am logged out. When I use FF or IE, no problems at all.

It is getting slower and slower, (UM) pages sometimes load in like 25 seconds, and when I finally lose patience, I try FF, and the site loads in less than a couple of seconds.

I know the problem has been solved but I was a Firefox user for the longest time and then it seemed to get buggy and I got sick of it arms started using Chrome with adblock.very stable and fast for me.