Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama: Gun-control advocates have to listen

Uncle Sam

God created man.

Sam Colt made them equal.

Did not, just have a good look at Boot Hill.

BUT, not against your own government? That's usually called treason at worst, or insurrection at best.

I'm not a constitutional expert, but people in the US believe that armed revolution is a right that was written into the constitution? Really?

To sum up in a word, yes. Your lack of understanding the US Constitution and when it was formed is showing.

Right, nobody is taking up arms and fighting their government in the present age. How could we have thought that?

IN THE USA. The US constitution has nothing to do with those other nobodies. Nice try.

IN THE USA. The US constitution has nothing to do with those other nobodies. Nice try.

Just to clarify, are you implying that our government would never turn on its people?

Just to clarify, are you implying that our government would never turn on its people?

Unlikely in the extreme. We have regular elections. No one is there for very long. The government owes it's existence to the people. For what possible reason would it "turn" on them? If a misguided nutjob right-wing militia/gun lover revolts, certainly I would expect the government to wipe them out. The 2nd amendment won't help them.

Unlikely in the extreme. We have regular elections. No one is there for very long. The government owes it's existence to the people. For what possible reason would it "turn" on them? If a misguided nutjob right-wing militia/gun lover revolts, certainly I would expect the government to wipe them out. The 2nd amendment won't help them.

Well ninjadude, that's where the core of our disagreement on this issue lies. I don't trust the government not to turn on us, we have checks and balances within the government, but we're the last check and balance if things really go awry.

Nothing except for brilliantly acknowledging that history is rife with the need to overthrow one's government and since our founders had just gotten done doing exactly that, had the ability to do so codified into our highest law, guaranteed forever with the force of arms. The proof of that need lives on today in those nobodies who are doing exactly what you tried denying ever happens.

Plenty are there for a lifetime once they entrench themselves in partisan pork castles within their districts. Listening to this name-calling, you're so bitter with your own rights. Why don't you move somewhere where you don't have to have them anymore? Don't drop your false left-right paradigm on this issue too. The bureaucrats you come here defending daily all lead us to the same destination of bankruptcy. The debt doesn't care whether your heroes the democrats or joc's heroes the republicans created it. It will just want to be paid.

Massacring Americans is an exercise of diminishing returns. A few too many of those, and the government would collapse under the weight of popular revolt that would include far more than your political-stereotyped victims. The US government couldn't slaughter a million Americans and not commit political suicide; less than 1/300th of the nation and the other 299/300, including the military, would drive the government out of its marble halls and replace it with something that has the eyesight to see the Constitution once again.

• Like 3

Oh... a little interesting tibit for everyone. America after the civil war was build up by hardworking rock miners who dug for gold. The government took all the gold, then it was stored in a federal reserve is now own by banks. We don't own the gold anymore that our ancestors once worked hard for.

• Like 1

Im not even certain Liberals are fully on board this gobernment train wreck. Not even the takers (Welfare,Foodstampers).

Todays daytime readiness drill occured in Houston without warning to the local population it landed on and again shots(blanks) were used. There getting serious. What do we do since they wont tell us what they are doing. But IMO this is rapid response force to domestic uprising drills, AKA zombie apocalypse drilling. I wonder if the guy that says he loves the idea works for the Goberment I cant believe him attributing this type of action to protecting children. Thats just asinine.

[media=]

[/media]

could it be that they are looking for guys that killed assistant DA this morning in TX?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Nothing except for brilliantly acknowledging that history is rife with the need to overthrow one's government and since our founders had just gotten done doing exactly that, had the ability to do so codified into our highest law, guaranteed forever with the force of arms.

except they did not. It is NOT our highest law, it does NOT mean that and it is NOT guaranteed forever.

Why don't you move somewhere where you don't have to have them anymore?

no I'm very happy where I live and very happy with our system of government. The problem is YOU'RE NOT. You won't find me resorting to child games asking people to leave. You're an anarchist. I get it.

could it be that they are looking for guys that killed assistant DA this morning in TX?

Except it happened before the DA was killed. Which raises a whole other set of questions....lets say CT related.

Is it the same town ?

except they did not. It is NOT our highest law, it does NOT mean that and it is NOT guaranteed forever.

What is then?

• Like 1

Ill be taking that out with my garbage this week.

• Like 2

Meant to ask. Do you think Barak Obama thinks the same?

no I'm very happy where I live and very happy with our system of government. The problem is YOU'RE NOT. You won't find me resorting to child games asking people to leave. You're an anarchist. I get it.

I'm very happy with our Constitutional Republic and I'm protecting it from people who have no respect for it or are acting like it doesn't exist. A Constitutional government is a far cry from anarchy. Sorry try again.

• Like 3

Meanwhile, MSNBC is swaying public opinion by editing the video of the Newton gun hearing. And people talk about FOX news. They are all the same.

• Like 2

Democracies seem to have their own set of problems. The one thing the theorists have always said is that they have a legitimacy other forms of government lack. Reading these posts I begin to doubt it.

• Like 3

Meanwhile, MSNBC is swaying public opinion by editing the video of the Newton gun hearing. And people talk about FOX news. They are all the same.

Ah yes. The only news agency that has to hire Industrial Light and Magic to run their news clips. Nah, they couldn't afford that. It's more like they hire the team of National Lampoons.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-

What is then?

there is no part of the constitution that is written in stone, unchangable, inviolate.

there is no part of the constitution that is written in stone, unchangable, inviolate.

We need a dislike button.

I see where you get your information from Ninjadude

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x492427