Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Living Wire' Can Heal Itself When Cut

Still Waters

In the classic sci-fi film "2001: A Space Odyssey," the evil computer Hal 9000 is finally defeated when a courageous scientist disconnects Hal's internal processing units. But if researchers from North Carolina State University in Raleigh succeed in bringing their self-healing wire to market, Hal could live again.

http://www.livescien...aling-wire.html

That's gonna really mess with the bomb squad. I keep cutting the red wire and it keep fixing itself!

^ yep, the world of the terminator isn't so far off anymore. Robots, drones, nanotechnology and now self healing liquid metal. I think the terminator world took place in 2027. Not positive but I think and it seems about the track we are on. Here comes Skynet.

• Like 3

It says `when you put the two wires together again the current flows` . AGAIN being the operative word .

It says `when you put the two wires together again the current flows` . AGAIN being the operative word .

Ok, so you still have to touch them back together. I think if they can figure out how to create regenerative liquid/solid metal they'll probably have no problem working out little kinks like that.

If you noticed his hand's, he was using big force to attach them back together so the action of him pushing them hard together is what forces the molecules to fuse otherwise I doubt they would fuse back together if he just simply placed them together without hard force.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if you're gonna have a giant brown squishy chewy piece of Chicklet holding the wires together then yah, duh...