Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WWI photos found inside antique camera

Still Waters

A collector of vintage photography equipment got an extra bonus when he picked up a French camera at an antique store: never-before-seen images circa World War I France.

Anton Orlov details the story of the lucky find on his blog the Photo Palace, where all of the eight photos from the Jumelle Belllieni stereoscopic camera can be seen.

http://news.yahoo.co...-203437991.html

Fascinating. How cool would it be to find an old camera and get the film developed. It'd be like a window into a previous time, thus unopened. I love stuff like this. Probably part of why I enjoy taking photos of dilapidated old buildings so much. The history in them is so present.

• Like 1

This is awesome and even more awesome is that the flim was still good.

I wanna see this pics .my neighbor dad was a world war 1 vet i knew him

He lived to be 93..

Fascinating. How cool would it be to find an old camera and get the film developed. It'd be like a window into a previous time, thus unopened. I love stuff like this. Probably part of why I enjoy taking photos of dilapidated old buildings so much. The history in them is so present.

I didn't make photos but I can remember as a kid of 8 or 9 riding in the "country" 30 miles or so from home to visit an uncle and we'd see multiple ramshackle barns and houses that were just left to the elements. Sad they were, but also inspiring, like the remnant of a strong person's youthful strength. I guess they were the first things that made me contemplate the passage of time.