Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photography Challenge

orangepeaceful79

Just a few from my past travels, have many thousands just haven't uploaded them just yet.

P.s quality isn't that good due to the fact they were re-photographed again from slide projector as these are on slides.

Lets keep this thread alive!

Venice canal.

venice3.jpg

Venice canal again.

venice.jpg

The Vatican.

vatican.jpg

German busker.

buskergermany.jpg

Berlin wall.

berlinwall.jpg

• Like 1

I've been feeding the local magpies. I give them raw mince and they love it and come back almost everyday. They come right up to the door now too and basically call out to see if I'm home.

Knock_Knock.jpg

It's kinda funny to open the door and have all these little faces waiting. There is 10 in this pic below. The most I've had is 11 magpies with an Ibis and a couple of other smaller birds with them. They like my house. I have a bird bath just around the corner from the door too which they like.

Hello.jpg

Sorry if I missed a theme or something.

• Like 6

12258129456_162c068702_c.jpg

1st by LenzFreak, on Flickr

Yes, that last image is an absolute corker, mate!! It's just a perfectly balanced shot, superb colours and exposure, and I love the tiny asymmetry at bottom right. Hypnotic! I'm not much into flower macros, but I'd happily slap a huge poster of that into a modern decor as a centrepoint. Bravo!

• Like 2

Good old Jupiter (selfmade) on 24FEB2014 with moons Kallisto, Ganimed, Io + Europa (right to left).

Distance to Earth 4,57AU = 669.952.269 km. A passenger aircraft would need 95.598 years for that

distance.

J24022014_zps39c2a71e.jpg

SCT203/800mm, ALcod cam OHY5-II, 10% of 1100 frames, Registax6

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
changed (left to right) to (right to left) at OPs request.
  • Like 9

Good old Jupiter (selfmade) on 24FEB2014 with moons Kallisto, Ganimed, Io + Europa (left to right).

Distance to Earth 4,57AU = 669.952.269 km.

J24022014_zps39c2a71e.jpg

SCT203/800mm, ALcod cam OHY5-II, 10% of 1100 frames, Registax6

That's badass.

• Like 2

Yes, that last image is an absolute corker, mate!! It's just a perfectly balanced shot, superb colours and exposure, and I love the tiny asymmetry at bottom right. Hypnotic! I'm not much into flower macros, but I'd happily slap a huge poster of that into a modern decor as a centrepoint. Bravo!

Wow, thank you, i appreciate it a lot :yes:

• Like 1

Stunning! (I followed you on Flickr and I get to see these on my Blink Feed)

Thank you also, much appreciated :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, gone quiet again.. So here's another flamin' moon picture! Before posting this, I am not entirely happy with this image.. First up, I don't normally 'cheat' by doing montages and the like, but I have here. And frankly, technically it isn't all that good - I shall work on a better version and repost later..

Anyways.... here it is - this is two separate exposures, taken about twenty minutes ago, of the Moon and Jupiter. They are to scale - both taken on the same 300mm end of my tele-zoom on a Sony α57. However the Moon was taken at 1/640, f8 and Jupiter at 1/2, f8. Both at ISO400, tripod, image stabilisation off, 2-sec timer to allow camera to be steady. In hindsight I'd like to get a better shot of Jupiter - it's overexposed and shows a bit of chromatic aberration in the blooming (typical of my tele-zoom, sadly). {thinks - I shoulda cheated more and used Toast's image, reduced way down.. :)}

The Jovian moons are Ganymede at left, then Io (then Jupiter) and Callisto at right.

And to make all my tomfoolery declared - when I overlaid the images, I shifted Jupiter closer to the Moon than it really is tonight... Other than that, it's straight out of the camera!! :D

gallery_95887_13_11236.jpg

• Like 5

Got a little bold with my moon crop tonight, good to know my camera and lens were up to the task.

Tripod, manual focus @ 448mm equivalent focal length.

13118325684_b5a9380680_c.jpg

31214 by LenzFreak, on Flickr

• Like 7

13157548313_c0f67c16d1.jpg

207 by JakeM_, on Flickr

This was one I took not long I first got my camera. It was getting dark, and I didn't really know how to use my camera yet (I still don't really), so the quality is pretty crappy, but I think it still makes an interesting geology photo.

Edited by beelzebufo
  • Like 2

I promise* this will be my last Moon shot. At least it's a little different...

gallery_95887_13_13964.jpg

Foliage and cloud were deliberately positioned/waited for.. Bird (a passing Ibis) not so much, in fact I only noticed it exactly as I pushed the shutter button..

Unedited, other than cropping and reducing...

* my fingers were crossed..

• Like 4

Some happy snaps from Tasmania;

Strahan around sunrise;

DSC_0956_zps90eb2a89.jpg

Deserted beach, east coast with wind, rain and seagull

DSC_0209_zps18d99918.jpg

Russell Falls

DSC_0534_zpsb00ffa3f.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I shall attempt to propose a theme, shocked it hasn't been used yet, perhaps folks find it not interesting?

Black and White.

In the 25 years i've been snapping pics i've always felt when done right B&W was able to isolate yet convey more emotion than color could ever wish to evoke.

Some of my examples to kick it off...

This shot is from last Saturday, my race car was having more than its fare share of issues, I snapped this while one of my mechanics was looking wearily through everything...

13345679534_1452edcfaf_b.jpg

This one is from an engagement shoot i did recently...

Matt%26Jenn5-L.jpg

When my buddy found out he showed up just before last call at a recent wedding i was at...

IMG_3132-L.jpg

Edited by Mythical Legend
  • Like 5

For black and white - sometimes less is more..

gallery_95887_13_13789.jpg

Is that the Sun or Moon? You can nominate!

• Like 5

IMG_3132-L.jpg

That's a great shot, and fine choice for b&w. Just curious, is the light area near his face a bit of photoshoppery, or was it actually there and you were lucky enough (and/or smart enough!) to use it to separate and emphasise his profile..? Either way, very nicely done.