Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Get rid of the Constitution

Ashotep

It happens. I was on the edge of my seat when I googled it cause I didnt know what Id find. :tsu:

In my State every able bodied person is a member of the State militia by the Bill of Rights definition. I cannot speak for your states BOR in regards to this issue. So yes the Federal government is and has been violating our 2nd Amendment Rights and now wishes to further infringe upon it.

I am going to refrain to bring up other parts of the Federal Constitution that are being violated for now as we are talking about the 2nd amendment but when I talk of infringment to me it means moire then only the 2nd Amerndment issue.

Is this militia well regulated? Because part of well regulated would mean, to me at least, that people are properly trained on the weapons, the weapons are kept in a secure manner, and those who are not qualified to have weapons in the militia don't have them.

Im sorry but my State BOR does not have that requirement and in fact says for self defense...which specifically would say every person is allowed to own firearms. Its only a few posts up if you want to read it for yourself.

I hate to tell you but no one is going down Red Dawn style defending your country from a foreign invader. Once you get that fantasy out of your head and go to your job in the morning that more than likely you will keep going to til you retire, the better off you will be so let it go. You aren't Arnold or Chuck Norris and no matter how many guns you buy you aren't saving the American way. Every soldier in the military YES but you the "second amendment" defender who wants your assault rifle just in case you might get to be Jean Claude Van Damme when you are really just a mall ninja...no. Big NO.

Edited by darkmoonlady
  • Like 2

I hate to tell you but no one is going down Red Dawn style defending your country from a foreign invader. Once you get that fantasy out of your head and go to your job in the morning that more than likely you will keep going to til you retire, the better off you will be so let it go. You aren't Arnold or Chuck Norris and no matter how many guns you buy you aren't saving the American way. Every soldier in the military YES but you the "second amendment" defender who wants your assault rifle just in case you might get to be Jean Claude Van Damme when you are really just a mall ninja...no. Big NO.

Your post is so full of bad ideas and incoherent sentences I dont even want to respond. Slavery is that way ------------->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBHPqFR0yu4

Edited by AsteroidX

Wow... just wow. You are condemning the people who protect the constitution that allows you to have the freedom of speech, the freedom of privacy, the freedom of happiness. You are condemning your children or children's children to a bleak future because you are a coward and live by selfish motives. So go ahead... give away your rights for safety, because when reality comes crashing down on you hard, you will be begging for help and who is it that will come to save you? That is right, the patriots will come to save you regardless if you been selfish or cursing them.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

The right to bear arms guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with defending your country from a foreign invader. That's what the well regulated militia (THE MILITARY) is for. Seems like there is mass misunderstanding with what the 2nd Amendment even means on this board despite multiple posters posting multiple times to clear up any confusion.

This doesn't bode well for the citizens at large who aren't getting these constant lessons. Kudos to all those who suggested that kids actually get taught the Constitution in school. It's needed.

you actually understood that ?

Through the course of these debates about the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution it has been brought up several times that it is an outdated document and has no relevancy today. I disagree to this kind of rhetoric completely.

This is the tribute given to the three signers from Georgia of the Declaration of Independence. It still stands. It is still hollowed ground. It is still relevant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signers_Monument

Here is the original wording of a well maintained militia found in the Articles of Confederation: 1777

Only the central government is allowed to conduct foreign political or commercial relations and to declare war. No state or official may accept foreign gifts or titles, and granting any title of nobility is forbidden to all. States are restrained from forming sub-national groups. No state may tax or interfere with treaty stipulations already proposed. No state may engage in war, without permission of Congress, unless invaded or that is imminent on the frontier; no state may maintain a peace-time standing army or navy, unless infested by pirates, but every State is required to keep ready, a well-regulated (meaning well trained), disciplined, and equipped militia, with sufficient public stores of a due number of field pieces, tents, a proper quantity of arms, ammunition and camp equipage.

Link to full Article of Confederation:

http://en.wikipedia....f_Confederation

Edited by AsteroidX

The right to bear arms guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with defending your country from a foreign invader. That's what the well regulated militia (THE MILITARY) is for. Seems like there is mass misunderstanding with what the 2nd Amendment even means on this board despite multiple posters posting multiple times to clear up any confusion.

This doesn't bode well for the citizens at large who aren't getting these constant lessons. Kudos to all those who suggested that kids actually get taught the Constitution in school. It's needed.

Seems my idea of in-depth studying and understanding of the constitution should be held in the School. I honestly think it should have it's own course alone.

Seems my idea of in-depth studying and understanding of the constitution should be held in the School. I honestly think it should have it's own course alone.

Yes it should.

besides.... the american GOV is bankrupt... not officially, but they're are by definition bankrupt. They can't pay their bills. They've over leveraged their taxpayer funded life style. There is some leverage though.... the US$. This is the reason the GOV cons its citizens into killing abroad daily. If the killing stops, the US$ crashes overnight. Take your pick.

With a "revolution" it would not crash, it would bottom out. And some might get their wish that the US returns to the state of before the civil war... literally.

acid you know better, this is simply not possible. The US can print its own money.

I don't know why you think that the US money would be of any worth if nobody takes it.

The dollar is near valueless as it is. It is suppose to be worth 35$ per ounce of gold. Globally.

I think there is one thing in the US Constitution that irritates the Hell out of the rest of the world -- the provision that only a "natural born" citizen can be elected President. Is the US a democracy or not? Why can't the people elect whomever they want?

Why don't we... amend it?

Well, that is what sensible people would aim for, but here we are discussing the spin of those who want to break up the US, return it to 1860 or overthrow the government because the majority does not seem to agree with them and they really don't care about the outcome. Khrushchev is jumping up and down with joy in Communist Hell because some Americans are doing what he was incapable of.

I think there is one thing in the US Constitution that irritates the Hell out of the rest of the world -- the provision that only a "natural born" citizen can be elected President. Is the US a democracy or not? Why can't the people elect whomever they want?

Because foreign individuals who work for their governments, can gain power within our government and wreck havoc over it. Enough power gained, they can practically surrender the whole United States to that country without even declaring war. Infiltration is something our forefathers foresaw and they knew that it can happen. I really irritates you, that says so much about you...

Edited by Uncle Sam

Because foreign individuals who work for their governments, can gain power within our government and wreck havoc over it. Enough power gained, they can practically surrender the whole United States to that country without even declaring war. Infiltration is something our forefathers foresaw and they knew that it can happen. I really irritates you, that says so much about you...

This is simple paranoia; scary paranoia. Why should foreigners who have become citizens be any less loyal than native born? Probably they are more loyal because they don't take things for granted.

I think, at least I certainly hope, that the messages you post represent a small minority of Americans.

• Like 1

This is simple paranoia; scary paranoia. Why should foreigners who have become citizens be any less loyal than native born? Probably they are more loyal because they don't take things for granted.

I think, at least I certainly hope, that the messages you post represent a small minority of Americans.

It does.

But most Americans are slightly paranoid, only not the majority about the government.

• Like 1

But most Americans are slightly paranoid, only not the majority about the government.

Well of course. Everyone everywhere naturally is.

We have to live where we live and, as they say, play the hand we are dealt. We have to do it rationally, however, and with deep compassion, which means to me that if we seriously think there are things wrong, we should use non-violent means to change them. Such means don't always work, but they stand a better chance than shoot-em-ups. Look at the armed rising against the tyranny in Syria. Thousands are dead and the entire population now is suffering. It is better to patiently wait for political evolution to happen. Nothing lasts forever.

We have to live where we live and, as they say, play the hand we are dealt. We have to do it rationally, however, and with deep compassion, which means to me that if we seriously think there are things wrong, we should use non-violent means to change them. Such means don't always work, but they stand a better chance than shoot-em-ups. Look at the armed rising against the tyranny in Syria. Thousands are dead and the entire population now is suffering. It is better to patiently wait for political evolution to happen. Nothing lasts forever.

Besides, if the only plan the revolutionaries have for afterwards is " School prayer and Second Amendment" anybody with two working neurons will stay away from it.

There you go again talking about "most" Americans. :no:

How much hypocrisy is one people supposed to take? Americans deserve better than they're getting.

Hey Frank, I notice you write perfect English, have a very western name and use American idioms regularly in your speech. I was wondering, are you an American living in Vietnam? If so, what hand were you dealt to wind up there? Also your username is a bit curious. A first and last name, very mundane, yet not a public figure's. I don't think anyone would use their real name as a username on an anonymous message board, so I wondered as well where that came from. If you don't want to answer that's fine, or if you'd rather PM with me that's okay too. I've been curious for several days now.

• Like 2

There you go again talking about "most" Americans. :no:

Lets see:

Paranoia [ˌpærəˈnɔɪ.ə] (adjective: paranoid [ˈpærə.nɔɪd]) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me.") Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia. For example, an incident most people would view as an accident or coincidence, a paranoid person might believe it was intentional.

(Source)

How many you know who are not afraid and don't fit the above description? Right.