Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crop circles are not the work of hoaxers

Still Waters

I personally do not think all crop circles are hoaxes...there are some that is done so perfectly and others that it is obviously done by humans. There is someone trying to relay messages to us and we are too full of ourselves to get the messages. How can some of these that are so intricate just pop up over night?

Except that Terry Wilson had already complied documented reports of circles and pictograms going back into the 1800s; his book The Secret History of Crop Circles was published by the CCCS in 1998.

If the black and white photos on top of this site are representing the rest of the old circles in his book, then they sure have improved in quality throughout history:

http://oldcropcircles.weebly.com/

I personally do not think all crop circles are hoaxes...there are some that is done so perfectly and others that it is obviously done by humans. There is someone trying to relay messages to us and we are too full of ourselves to get the messages. How can some of these that are so intricate just pop up over night?

They showed how it was done on the BBC.

And now ask yourself: why do they only appear during the night?

Thank you for the post. Two of these circles are so outstanding I don't see how any hoaxster could have accomplished them.Very interesting.

I think that those you call 'outstanding' were made in recent years.

The socalled old crop circles (the photos in black & white) are anything but outstanding:

http://i3.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article1244869.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/PM2689457@.jpg

http://i4.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article1244870.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/PM2689458@.jpg

http://i2.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article1244871.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/PM2689459@.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

Aliens or hoaxers or ghosts or whatever, if I were a farmer and this happened to me I would be royally p***ed.

• Like 2

Since boards and rope were as common in the 1700's, 1800's and 1900's as they are today, I don't see that this guy has proven anything. And crop circles certainly are not to complex for mere mortals to complete, it has been done, in front of the cameras, several times.

• Like 3

Aliens or hoaxers or ghosts or whatever, if I were a farmer and this happened to me I would be royally p***ed.

That's why they are created during the night.

• Like 2

I usually follow the new formations on Lucy Pringle's website in the latest photos section. She even made it into the Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1280930/Complex-crop-circle-appears-rape-seed-field--does-mean.html and there is a Telegraph article about the same circle as well: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/7760079/Crop-circle-inspired-by-most-beautiful-formula-in-mathematics-appears-in-Wiltshire.html

I love the articles, especially the mathematical aspects of it, but there was a more mysterious one that you can watch here:

and watch for 7 minutes

I used to be a circle maker, and have been a researcher of crop circles for several years. I now believe they are all man made, and only think it's a possibility that >1% could be "real". And the ones I think could be real are the ones with absolutely no complexity. The more complex and geometrical, the more man made.

• Like 2

Would it be more reasonable to consider that the spectrum of crop circles simply span a number of human endeavors: artistic pursuits, irrigation related, maze games, quasi-religious rites, vandalism, for-profit, etc. as well as perhaps some atmospheric events such as microbursts.

Just because 1 or more persons admit to hoaxing circles doesn't mean that all circles are in fact faked or hoaxed. Some circles are incredibly complex, and i have a hard time believing this perfection was achieved at night with nothing more than flashlights and a board attached to a rope.

• Like 1

How could you explain 'hoaxers' detailing the Torus and Vector Equalibrium? Are not these 'hoaxers' often local drunks?

• Like 1

Just because 1 or more persons admit to hoaxing circles doesn't mean that all circles are in fact faked or hoaxed. Some circles are incredibly complex, and i have a hard time believing this perfection was achieved at night with nothing more than flashlights and a board attached to a rope.

If I can find it, I will post the video, but I have seen on tv that they created a complex crop circle in the middle of the night, in total darkness. To film it they of course used those night goggles from the military or something.

Your logic is correct as far as it goes, but that hoaxers exist is known, and this automatically puts all crop circles into the likely hoax category. It's a matter of not applying some outre explanation to things for which commonplace explanations work. If you are in London and hear galloping hooves, don't conclude it has to be zebra.

I don't understand why you have a hard time believing that hoaxes can do this. Have you been to college and seen some of the stunts these students can achieve?

• Like 1

You have a hard time "this perfection was achieved at night with nothing more than flashlights and a board attached to a rope" but not a hard time believing an interstellar space craft hovered over a field and bent the wheat into a complex shape? Is that at all logical? Just sayin'.

How could you explain 'hoaxers' detailing the Torus and Vector Equalibrium? Are not these 'hoaxers' often local drunks?

How about the local physics club having a bit of fun on a Saturday night? Does that make it more plausible for you?

• Like 3

I thought the crop circle "phenomenon" had been laid to rest years ago. Still waiting to hear a plausible argument from the believers as to why an extra terrestrial would choose this obscure method of communication.

• Like 5

I thought the crop circle "phenomenon" had been laid to rest years ago. Still waiting to hear a plausible argument from the believers as to why an extra terrestrial would choose this obscure method of communication.

I would guess the answer is that they don't think the way we think. That explains a lot of the bizarre things they do.

Since boards and rope were as common in the 1700's, 1800's and 1900's as they are today, I don't see that this guy has proven anything. And crop circles certainly are not to complex for mere mortals to complete, it has been done, in front of the cameras, several times.

Exactly.

And I'll add to that are we supposed to accept that there were no artists, bored farmers, practical jokers, and/or pranksters in those eras as well?

I have watched documentaries in the past in which it was stated that the genetic structure of the flattened wheat was changed and that the stalks weren't snapped just bent. Hoaxers with wooden boards and ropes don't account for this at all.

• Like 1

Abremelin, they didn't have night vision goggles in the 40's or 50's did they ? How do you explain that away ?

I say we chalk it up to an conspiracy, that always seems to explain everything. :D

I have watched documentaries in the past in which it was stated that the genetic structure of the flattened wheat was changed and that the stalks weren't snapped just bent. Hoaxers with wooden boards and ropes don't account for this at all.

References for this change of genetic structure? The blown nodes claims by BLT was questioned in the 1990s when the same effects were evident in natural and man-made circles, and indeed in natural lodged crop.

• Like 2

Abremelin, they didn't have night vision goggles in the 40's or 50's did they ? How do you explain that away ?

Ever heard of a full moon?

Ever heard of a full moon?

My mate gives you a full moon every time he's thrown out the pub.
  • Like 1