Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No one needs 10 bullets to kill a deer

RavenHawk

RavenHawk: for somebody so obsessed with rights you seem pretty eager to deny people their right to life.

I dont get that impression at all

The 2nd amendment wasn't written into the Constitution so citizens could go hunting.... DUH....... everybody hunted back then.

Whenever I hear that argument brought forth I'm baffled by the lack of logic given to the question.

I say this and I'm Canadian... never owned a gun in my life. Yet, americans have been conned by their GOV into becoming the world police. When the american GOV comes for your guns don't trust them. The american GOV gives the avergae american citizen a bad name because its the american GOV that kills indiscriminately on foreign sovereign soil abroad. This aggressive american military is hated all over the world just as much as they are loved for killing the so called bad guys. It's breeding future revenge attacks against americans and westerners.

America is still the most freest nation of all the developed nations and it's because of their guns... and yes the assault rifles are the guns I'm talking about.

• Like 4

lol i remember when deer hunting was a BIG deal around here. But it was often about half hunting and half about deer camp, beer drinking, and card playing and beer drinking and hunting and beer drinking. It usually took 10 beers to kill a deer.

* i didn't participate.. just observed the festivities

And a whole lot of doobies..... (helps ya concentrate on the kill shot)

lol

• Like 2

RavenHawk: for somebody so obsessed with rights you seem pretty eager to deny people their right to life.

Well, you’re right on the first part.

I dont get that impression at all

Me neither.

• Like 1

The question I want to ask is, how many bullets are needed to bring down a tyrannical government?

And you claim to love the constitution.. It seems not really at all.

Ravenhawk said

The question I want to ask is, how many bullets are needed to bring down a tyrannical government?

ninjadude said

Your statement makes 0 sense.

Unless you can provide a link or fact that says the constitution specifically the 2nd Amendment is not there to protect us from foreign invaders and a Tyrranical government if necessary by the use of force.

Ill refer to this earlier statement you said:

Yep I love to poke conservatives and Republicans. I didn't know I had a "reputation", or label a liar - where was that? Your last statement applies to you more than me. I usually always include facts and sources.

Then you don’t understand the intention of the Constitution.

Fair enough .

I’m just trying to understand where you guys are coming from .

I know you guys aren’t real interested in the what the rest of the world think about your gun laws and rules and that's fair enough but I would like to share something with you from an alternative perspective ....

I guess it would be 15 years or more now since they enacted our reformed gun laws , at the time I had a 12G pump action ( registered ) , a 30/30 lever ( registered ) and an SKS ( un- registered ) .

I was totally devastated that I had to hand over my pump action , it was my pride and joy :cry: , the SKS on the other hand I wasn't all that worried about , it was hard to ammo for it and to be honest It was totally useless when it came to hunting and being un-registered I was talking a huge risk . Luckily they had an amnesty and a buy back scheme , I got $1200 for the SKS and $800 for the pump action :-*

I used the money to buy a new D/B under/over and a .22 magnum , got to keep the 30/30 .

I guess my point is that although I lost my assault rifle and pump action I didn't lose my right to have a gun or go hunting , just the ability to let off 25 rounds in 5 seconds !

For home protection , besides having a dog , how is a double barrel shotgun not good enough ?

TiP.

That isn't the point. The point is they told you what you could and could not own with regards to what you already owned. I call that a loss of freedom. Besides all that...was it in your Constitution that had been bled and died over for 2 centuries that from the beginning the Founders of your country wrote into it...the right to bear arms shall not be infringed?

See, you just saw it as something you had to do. There are in fact an incredible number of Americans who will go to war...actual literal combat with the government...and will die and kill over the 'infringement' you are talking about.

Edited by joc
  • Like 3

To put it into the context it was the most stubborn, persecuted, freedom loving, adventure seeking and shamefully Brtian criminals that founded this country. Perhaps its in our genetics Joc not to bow down to the throne.

• Like 3

I guess my point is that although I lost my assault rifle and pump action I didn't lose my right to have a gun or go hunting , just the ability to let off 25 rounds in 5 seconds !

For home protection , besides having a dog , how is a double barrel shotgun not good enough ?

Your point is that you sold your freedom. For most Americans, their freedom is far more valuable than their lives. That is something you will never understand for you never really had freedom. And that is not meant as an insult. That way of life is fine for you. Once enslaved, you never know any better.

The 2nd Amendment does not protect our Right to go hunting, unless it is for politician – a fine delicacy. The 2nd is to protect our Rights to defend ourselves from a foreign invader or a tyrannical government. That is why the people have the Right to be as equally armed as the military.

• Like 1

That is why the people have the Right to be as equally armed as the military.

That ones a little iffy to me as there was to be no standing army at the time. So its hard to tell what they would have said in regards to that.

The argument can be made that we have the right to be armed as well as LEO's,DHS,FBI,ATF etc. Which from a Federal vs State point of view could be considered a foreign invader, or the instrument of Tyrrany.

Edited by AsteroidX

That is why the people have the Right to be as equally armed as the military.

Who wants to pass the hat around for a few cruise missiles?

• Like 1

Ill take the secret UFO files and walk away. Keep the rest. My garage is a single car anyways. No room for a cruise missile here. :tu:

Edited by AsteroidX

Enough already..

Yeah let's stop the dialogue while Biden and Feinstein and Obama and the rest of them take care of us!

• Like 3

it just takes once, and assult rifles aren't the best for that anyway, they wil go thru entire house, and kill someone in 2 houses down the street, our houses are plywoood and cardboard.but there are other perfectly valid reasons to have assult rifle look alike. (which they all are, look alikes)

Not assault rifles, rifles period.

our houses are plywoood and cardboard

I dont live in a plywood and cardboard house. Im not far from a cardboard box but I digress. Id get in contact with your real estate agent because if you paid more then 217$ for that house you paid too much.

Edited by AsteroidX

10 shots?

better hope I have ten shots... the more the better

If three or four men break into my house, how many bullets does Lord Biden bestow upon me that is fitting for me to possess in my sinful dangerous magazine, mere private citizen that I am? Perhaps I may be allotted 1.75 or 2 bullets per intruder, per his Excellency. What a load of bunk these crap politicians are pulling on us man.

• Like 3

To put it into the context it was the most stubborn, persecuted, freedom loving, adventure seeking and shamefully Brtian criminals that founded this country. Perhaps its in our genetics Joc not to bow down to the throne.

nah mate, the criminals were sent here. You got the intelectuals and the adventurers.

and those that believe in GOD are a threat to the state – because we are.

So the government do not believe in god? What about those who believe in god but don't believe in violence ? Not everyone who believes in god will be ready to shout out - VIOLENCE IS THE ANSWER, PRAISE JESUS ..

I agree that people with guns should never be stripped of their rights, and should take a stand against their government if they are pushed to the brink.. But this talk about those who believe in god are a threat, is nonsensical

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Posted Today, 12:28 AM

snapback.pngJeffertonturner, on 29 January 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Enough already..

Yeah let's stop the dialogue while Biden and Feinstein and Obama and the rest of them take care of us!

Don't you just love the self-righteous condescension of the Lefties? Like he is speaking to some three year olds who are squabbling over a toy. Enough already! he says. I tell you all what is 'enough already'....the purposeful targeting of the Constitution by the very people who SWORE an oath to uphold it.

• Like 4

So the government do not believe in god? What about those who believe in god but don't believe in violence ? Not everyone who believes in god will be ready to shout out - VIOLENCE IS THE ANSWER, PRAISE JESUS ..

I agree that people with guns should never be stripped of their rights, and should take a stand against their government if they are pushed to the brink.. But this talk about those who believe in god are a threat, is nonsensical

Thats normal MoM. Not everyone is gonna pick up a gun and play Planet of the Apes. There civilians. Its perfectly normal.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition

And we'll all stay free!

And we'll all stay free!

Or dead.