Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hackers that make you go Hmmm

AsteroidX

When will people finally *get it* that nothing ((photos/conversation/information) they put online is private? Taking a giant billboard and loading it up with photos, chit chat, personal information about yourself, then placing it in the most visible part of your town will give you less exposure than something like Facebook.

There's an old saying, "A fool and his money are soon parted". I have a saying for the 21st century, "A fool and his privacy are soon parted".

• Like 1

When will people finally *get it* that nothing ((photos/conversation/information) they put online is private? Taking a giant billboard and loading it up with photos, chit chat, personal information about yourself, then placing it in the most visible part of your town will give you less exposure than something like Facebook.

There's an old saying, "A fool and his money are soon parted". I have a saying for the 21st century, "A fool and his privacy are soon parted".

He hacked into people's accounts and pretended to be them.

Ill take the other side of this just for the debate. he got online and conned women to take women to take there clothes off and took pictures of them doing it. (Not uncommon). The hacking of nude photos off there computers does seem to be malicious or devious certainly but the guys looking at over 100 years in federal prison.

Does this projected punishment fit the crime ?

In this age there is no privacy if "they" want to know about you. They have subpoena power, all sorts of listening and watching devices, and no end of willing spies. The best defense is to be of no interest.

He hacked into people's accounts and pretended to be them.

I'm told it's incredibly simple (first year IT major could do it) to hack into a Facebook account. Knowing this why would anyone post 'naughty' pixs of themself that someone else could use to blackmail them? Sure the hacker committed a crime, but there's such a thing as being careful about ones private information in the first place.

Edited by Lilly
I can't spell
  • Like 1