Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel airstrikes in Syria (confirmed)

AsteroidX

You might want Serbian expansionism accepted as something benign, but wishful thinking won’t change the facts, now proven by ICTY in Hague too.

Note that Croats involved in crimes linked to attempts to break B&H were sentenced, while Croats who defended their own country were cleared of charges. Which brings me to Tuđman *rolleyes* who was doing everything wrong, whose party robbed Croatia undisturbed by war, hiding behind verbal-only patriotism.

I support Serbs about Kosovo, that is all. You seem to have convinced yourself that I am a Serb, or have decided that on this forum I am some Serb apologist for you to fire at. This is ridiculous, and you make yourself seem foolish. I have no quarrel with Croats or Slovenes, why should I?. I never here said one word in support of Milosevic etc. You have your opinion based on your nationality, you make many comments that are simply opinion, and nobody on this forum has put hand up and said you are not right in everything you say. You have had a soft ride here and clearly do not like any other veiw expressed. I see the situation from outside perspective, and am not biased. You are very biased and your comments should be taken with huge heap of salt by all here. You are lucky this is English forum and many posters here do not know some realities about other countries except propaganda from their politicians, media and such as you. You have tied yourself in knots about Ustashe and Chetniks, and Tudman, and I think others here who know reality will be laughing at your comments. You are blinkered, I suggest you remove the veil from your eyes....

When Syria has collapsed in a sea of blood and chaos, and becomes a terrorist hell, will you be satisfied? after all, presumably Assad will then be dead, and that is all that counts, isn't it? And when Christians are massacred, will you jump for joy? after all, they support Assad, so they must deserve death, mustn't they? And when the terrorists launch missiles against Israel from the rubble of what was syria, then you will applaud, because it doesn't matter does it, for Assad wlil be dead, and all others can go to hell I suppose. You people never heard of unintended consequences? never heard of realpolitik? You all seem like turkeys voting for Christmas

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri

:lol: Aten... thank you for all the wonderful opportunities you keep creating, for me to make my points and for you to instantly prove them :D

Check any fact I've stated :yes: I'm sure that research will lead you to an outright revelation.

Serbs are fascists they beat up anyone who isn't a Serb.

Not Serbs in general, there are great people over there in Serbia, only those primitive ultra-nationalists among them are royalist pain in the ass.

Speaking of which, I owe short Kosovo digest. Here it is:

Unfortunately, and Aten should pay attention to that, current president of Serbia is sworn Chetnik vojvoda. That means he belongs to archaic movement that is thoroughly intolerant and violent, and their goal is uniting “all Serbian lands into one”. According to them, Serbian land is each land “where one Serbian grave could be found.”

Their prime-minister was nick-named “mali Sloba” (Slobodan, meaning “little Milosevic”). Though he's not formally high ranked Chetnik, his party is the source of the whole revisionist plague in Serbia.

These are the people who cannot recognize Kosovo because they came to power though violent ultra-nationalist rhetoric, that sadly is still passable in Serbia, but at the same time they are aware Serbia has no means to keep any occupied territories by force anymore. And they certainly can’t sweet-talk anyone anymore into any form of union with them. (How come no one wanted to stay in the same country with holy Serbia? Not even Montenegro, known as "the other eye of the same head" :lol: where head is the Greater Serbia, now with only one eye and less and less territory after each aggression they attempt.)

So they beg for at least the secession of part of Kosovo, to achieve the old Slavic goal of being promiscuous and chaste at the same time. Not to translate that proverb literally.

And they would like to collect some sympathies for their ethnically cleansed cause by appealing on their huge Christianity while some Albanians are Muslim.

I’d rather have sane Muslim friend than Christian murder by my side. Especially since true Christian would not kill to steal my refrigerator, which was common practice of Serbian forces in the last war.

Edit: Back to Syria, people, seriously, the obvious Milosevic-Assad parallel was covered, let’s move on.

Aten can start a separate thread about Serbian woes.

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1

Fear the 7 million! They want to take over the world..... :w00t: Or maybe, just maybe, they'd only like to live in peace ON THEIR OWN LAND.

If only it were true that they want to live 'on their own land'.

• Like 1

If only it were true that they want to live 'on their own land'.

I assume you are speaking of the homes, land and businesses stolen from them prior to and after WWII? The property they were thrown off of after 1948? But then we never hear about THAT aspect of the tragedy of Palestine. No, it's only the people that Jews displaced for whom we must cry.

I assume you are speaking of the homes, land and businesses stolen from them prior to and after WWII? The property they were thrown off of after 1948? But then we never hear about THAT aspect of the tragedy of Palestine. No, it's only the people that Jews displaced for whom we must cry.

While still not completely just, Jews were (and still are being) paid money for their losses. How much have the displaced Palestinians been paid?

I was referring to the land that is being actively stolen, every day. And has been, bit by bit, for over half a century.

While still not completely just, Jews were (and still are being) paid money for their losses. How much have the displaced Palestinians been paid?

I was referring to the land that is being actively stolen, every day. And has been, bit by bit, for over half a century.

I don't justify the thefts that are occurring today - nor any true thefts from the past. But I don't consider land that was occupied as a result of defending oneself in war as a theft. It is true that a substantial portion of Israelis consider all of Judea (funny name that) and Samaria to be Jewish by right and so they will build on it because they feel justified. I personally believe they are correct in that assumption but I also realize that we live in a modern world where the Bible and it's tenets have largely become a joke and irrelevant to most people. I expect all that to change quite shortly but that is a different issue. That aside however, I have said long that the people of the state of Israel have a right to the land that the mandate gave them. It is the responsibility of the Palestinians and their intransigence on accepting a small Jewish state in their midst that leads us to this point. IF they would sit down and compromise on giving up right of return - perhaps with monetary compensation - and allow Jerusalem to be an international city where they could locate their official capitol then the actual borders could be worked out without too much chaos. Everyone would have to have equal rights to the water of course. And unless a general war in the region starts before March, I expect the EU to push both sides to a table and hammer out just such a deal. The timing and the politics in Israel are perfect right now for such a deal. The Hamas/PA/Fatah et. al. smell this and will be willing to grab what they can before starting the next round of shelling. I am as confident of their renewed aggression as I am the sun rising tomorrow. WHEN they start with the rockets and the rhetoric from their new and improved firing points however, it is my sincere hope that Israel will finally put paid to the negotiation route and then proceed to sweep these warmongering haters from their midst once and for all time. This scenario would be just. Only a person who truly does not care about justice could try to gainsay that.

Aten can start a separate thread about Serbian woes.

Which shows your deliberate misunderstanding and misrepresentation of my posts. You have lied about Kosovo, and you know it. Anybody can google the history and see your lies and obfuscations laid bare. You are obsessed with Serbia, so take your complaints and ranting to any Serbs here, not me, I'm not a Serb, and your rants and insults mean nothing to me.

Yesterday Sergei Lavrov said that any military intervention in Syria is unaceptable. Biden cannot even bring himself to agree with such a statement. But what else to expect from a country of hypocrites and immoralists whose only purpose is global financial domination. Russia speaks about stabilty and dialogue, US and it's pathetic poodles like only war and blood, and the $$$ they make from death and misery.

Which shows your deliberate misunderstanding and misrepresentation of my posts. You have lied about Kosovo, and you know it. Anybody can google the history and see your lies and obfuscations laid bare. You are obsessed with Serbia, so take your complaints and ranting to any Serbs here, not me, I'm not a Serb, and your rants and insults mean nothing to me.

Yesterday Sergei Lavrov said that any military intervention in Syria is unaceptable. Biden cannot even bring himself to agree with such a statement. But what else to expect from a country of hypocrites and immoralists whose only purpose is global financial domination. Russia speaks about stabilty and dialogue, US and it's pathetic poodles like only war and blood, and the $$$ they make from death and misery.

:sleepy:

Yeah, yeah, holy Serbia, holy Russia, evil all around you, the perfect ones, evil US makes bucks from death and misery, while holy Russia has only "defence contractors", not arms dealers :lol:

And the facts will go away if you point at others and scream "hypocrisy" :lol: First take the profiteering plank out of your own eye, then you'll see clearly to remove the oil speck from your brothers eye. Or something like that.

Syrians need to end their civil conflict, join sides, and defend themselves against Israel.

Ridiculous. The Syrian conflict is a power struggle between the Sunnis and the Alavite Assad regime.

Israel simply wants to stay alive, and prevent chemical weapons from reaching the Hizbollah.

Gee, what a crime.

• Like 1

Newsflash for you: The Israelis are also Palestinians; the original ones in fact.

Note that the original UN resolution 181 decides to share palestine between the TWO Palestinian peoples, i.e. the Jews and the muslim Arabs.

Using the term "Palestinian" to mean muslim Arab only is a relatively new phenomenon (started Arafat), and it is reall a propaganda device to delegitimize Israel.

Ridiculous. The Syrian conflict is a power struggle between the Sunnis and the Alavite Assad regime.

Israel simply wants to stay alive, and prevent chemical weapons from reaching the Hizbollah.

Gee, what a crime.

Which Israel is friendly to neither.

I am against my brother unless we are against our cousin, we are against the neighbors unless we all are against the foreigner.

—Arabic saying

Newsflash for you: The Israelis are also Palestinians; the original ones in fact.

Note that the original UN resolution 181 decides to share palestine between the TWO Palestinian peoples, i.e. the Jews and the muslim Arabs.

Using the term "Palestinian" to mean muslim Arab only is a relatively new phenomenon (started Arafat), and it is reall a propaganda device to delegitimize Israel.

In Israel's birth, 90% of Israelis were immigrants, not native to Palestine. But if you're going down that road, a great many Palestinians are directly descend from Jews who converted.

And I have debunked the 'Palestinians only existed since the 60s' nonsense sooo many times on this forum. Read documents from the 20s and 30s, where the Muslim Arabs were referred to, and referred to themselves, as 'Palestinians'. Start with the British Royal Commission (Peel Report) or any of the White Papers. This claim is so completely ridiculous that it should be instantly shifted to the conspiracy forum. Nonsense.

• Like 1

Apparently "permission" has been given by Obama's regime for Israel to launch similar spoiling attacks against any Syrian attempt to move WMD OR advanced weapons from Syria to the rebels or Hizballah. An interesting note from one report is that a bunker buster was used in this raid. Obviously this wasn't used against a surface target like a truck convoy. Russia is in a dither and Iran is darned near apoplectic but nobody seems in a hurry to do much more than squeal........ FEAR THE 7 MILLION! :w00t: :gun:

IMO Syria, Russia and Iran and really Lebanon as well as other neighbors are showing great restrain at Israels attempt to escalate the war in Syria into something bigger. Understandably nobody wants to see WMD moved around but if the regime is collapsing then they must be removed less they fall into the hands of terrorists.

Yes there fighting for freedom in Syria but lets not fool ourselves for a moment that extremist fighters are now deeply involved in that conflict and even if they gain there freedom which started out as a true fight for freedom from Assads regime will be another MB victory at the least and Al Queda victory at the worst. Either way the losers of this conflict will continue to be the people of Syria.

The best contribution Russia could make is to peacefully or covertly take acquisition of Assads WMD's and safekeep them. They are a huge risk to someone someday being left as are.

(excuse my ignorance in the Syrian conflict Im only stating my opinion from my limited point of view)

Edited by AsteroidX

update:

http://www.timesofis...tm_medium=email

Israel is making noises about destroying a listening post set up by Iran that is 7 miles inside Syria on the Golan heights. No wonder Iran is apoplectic about Israeli moves. This is getting a bit tense - if Israel does this (and I hope they will) then Iran is going to be humbled because no way are they going to do anything that asks for Israeli intervention against Iran proper. Good article.

ETA: The Sunday Times story also reports, citing an unnamed source “close to military planners,” that Jerusalem is considering creating a buffer zone 10 miles inside Syrian territory, which it would patrol with infantry and tank units.

Edited by and then

update:

http://www.timesofis...tm_medium=email

Israel is making noises about destroying a listening post set up by Iran that is 7 miles inside Syria on the Golan heights. No wonder Iran is apoplectic about Israeli moves. This is getting a bit tense - if Israel does this (and I hope they will) then Iran is going to be humbled because no way are they going to do anything that asks for Israeli intervention against Iran proper. Good article.

ETA: The Sunday Times story also reports, citing an unnamed source “close to military planners,” that Jerusalem is considering creating a buffer zone 10 miles inside Syrian territory, which it would patrol with infantry and tank units.

You, my misguided friend, are a religious extremist.

Homeland Security was actually created for individuals like yourself... people of interest... freedom loving americans who crave another nation's demise.

I do enjoy reading how this behavior is justified in your mind.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

You, my misguided friend, are a religious extremist.

Homeland Security was actually created for individuals like yourself... people of interest... freedom loving americans who crave another nation's demise.

I do enjoy reading how this behavior is justified in your mind.

Glad I can be of amusement for you Acidhead. No offense taken btw. Anytime anyone from that auspicious body of do gooders needs to see me they'll have no problem looking me up. And I might add that I also am heartened to know that anyone would consider me an extremist when all I do is state basic biblical beliefs. You see the faithful are told that such persecutions would come on them and would be far more than just insults from "friends" like this. Eventually if I speak my mind about my faith I may ACTUALLY hear that knock at the door and be taken someplace "for questioning". And while I'm sure it might be a little stressful or costly it will reassure me that I am in fact living the correct way. Does it seem the slightest bit unfair, acidhead, that you are willing to think me somehow dangerous because of my beliefs even though it's plain for anyone who has read my thoughts for this past year that I couldn't possibly be a real threat to anyone? Friend, I tell you that a time is coming when to do what you have just done (hopefully in jest) will be enough to actually flag a person and single them out - just because of their faith and willingness to merely speak of it, for attention from that government you so mistrust. It won't be funny then. And the greatest irony of all to me is that while you'd do something like this to a Christian, you'd never dream of saying any such outlandish thing against a Muslim, for fear of being considered "hateful". All humor aside Acid, I hope you'll consider this in the future.

You see the faithful are told that such persecutions would come on them and would be far more than just insults from "friends" like this. Eventually if I speak my mind about my faith I may ACTUALLY hear that knock at the door and be taken someplace "for questioning". And while I'm sure it might be a little stressful or costly it will reassure me that I am in fact living the correct way.

All strong believers are "persecuted" by others who think otherwise, so don't make too much of it when it happens to you. The fact is Christians have done far more persecuting in their day than otherwise, and generally to other Christians.

I would gather theres a percentage of this board that if they tried would find they cannot board an airplane. Ha. Theyd just laugh and say wheres your UFO buddy....As they flip through the 3+ million mugshots and growing daily of nofliers.

So worry not and then you are not in the worst of company.

• Like 1

All strong believers are "persecuted" by others who think otherwise, so don't make too much of it when it happens to you. The fact is Christians have done far more persecuting in their day than otherwise, and generally to other Christians.

Yes this is true. But I wasn't alive then and I was pointing out to head that careless accusations such as his will cause real people real problems in the not too distant future. People are frightened and angry these days - need someone to blame. There has been no serious, outright persecution of Christians yet, but it's coming. We are the "intolerant" lot, you see? And I admit this is true - we are. But we are far less dangerous than others and only a real simpleton or biased fool would deny this. We invite, Frank. They DEMAND. To the world, Christianity is judged and found guilty for all time for the actions of the early church and if you have Christ's name associated with you AND you actually have the temerity to stand and speak for His truth then the Bible says you will face persecution - so be it. But those who bring it unnecessarily with cunning words against His church won't be blameless in that day.

I don't justify the thefts that are occurring today - nor any true thefts from the past. But I don't consider land that was occupied as a result of defending oneself in war as a theft. It is true that a substantial portion of Israelis consider all of Judea (funny name that) and Samaria to be Jewish by right and so they will build on it because they feel justified. I personally believe they are correct in that assumption but I also realize that we live in a modern world where the Bible and it's tenets have largely become a joke and irrelevant to most people. I expect all that to change quite shortly but that is a different issue. That aside however, I have said long that the people of the state of Israel have a right to the land that the mandate gave them. It is the responsibility of the Palestinians and their intransigence on accepting a small Jewish state in their midst that leads us to this point. IF they would sit down and compromise on giving up right of return - perhaps with monetary compensation - and allow Jerusalem to be an international city where they could locate their official capitol then the actual borders could be worked out without too much chaos. Everyone would have to have equal rights to the water of course. And unless a general war in the region starts before March, I expect the EU to push both sides to a table and hammer out just such a deal. The timing and the politics in Israel are perfect right now for such a deal. The Hamas/PA/Fatah et. al. smell this and will be willing to grab what they can before starting the next round of shelling. I am as confident of their renewed aggression as I am the sun rising tomorrow. WHEN they start with the rockets and the rhetoric from their new and improved firing points however, it is my sincere hope that Israel will finally put paid to the negotiation route and then proceed to sweep these warmongering haters from their midst once and for all time. This scenario would be just. Only a person who truly does not care about justice could try to gainsay that.

Why does possession of the land automatically exclude one ethnic group? Why can't both sides live together on the land and both consider it theirs? I consider my city to be "my land" in a sense, and I know that black people, Hispanics, Asians, all people here consider it the same. We live in harmony and don't try to exclude anyone.

I never understood why this concept seems so foreign in other parts of the world. We're all human beings, after all.

Why does possession of the land automatically exclude one ethnic group? Why can't both sides live together on the land and both consider it theirs? I consider my city to be "my land" in a sense, and I know that black people, Hispanics, Asians, all people here consider it the same. We live in harmony and don't try to exclude anyone.

I never understood why this concept seems so foreign in other parts of the world. We're all human beings, after all.

Because of the historic hatred between these two groups. Both feel entitled to the land, though the Palestinian Arabs didn't give two shakes for it before the Jews came back to live there. Anyway, they both want it and feel they are willing to die to get it. That's the short answer. The long one is that the whole situation seems supernatural in nature and it's being used to bring about a new age of this world. Tough times before it arrives though. Mankind is about to be taught the futility of such hate.