Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]Family Cut Off From Human Contact for 40 yrs

Still Waters

Wow, that story was incredible.

That's about all I can say as well.

SW, thanks for posting that story.

• Like 1

That must have been so hard ot leave her ther alone!

Yeah...that breaks my heart for her. That poor lady, I hope she's ok.

That must have been so hard to leave her there alone!

It might have been crueler to bring her to 'civilization'. I wonder how she's doing now though.

I'd hope that since they know she was there, they're visiting her and giving her the necessities, the best that were available.

Such a poignant story.

thanks for sharing the story! just wow!

• Like 1

yup, great story .. people can be amazing sometimes.

• Like 1

Sounds a bit like old Mickey One-tooth and his family who used to inhabit a derelict railway carriage in woodland a few miles away. The family used to throw stones at anyone who came near them. It was rumoured that Warner Bros got the idea for 'Deliverance' from Mickey. He's long dead now and the kids (about 12 of them if I remember correctly) went into care.

A very fascinating story that holds the imagination in wonder and the surprise ending was very bittersweet. How noble of her to remain on the mountain but it for her how easy as well.

• Like 1

I wish they would have shared some of their dreams. I often wonder how different dreams would be for someone who has no contact with the outside world to someone who is the outside world.

• Like 1

ya, i'll bet living such a quiet life might make them quite insightful ? I'll bet they dreamed 'good'

• Like 1

What an amazing story! To think about a family living in those difficult conditions, and remaining so fiercely loyal to one other.

I remember how, as a little boy growing up in the Heartland, I would go outdoors with my parents and my sisters and search the night-time summer skies for the satellite Sputnik to glide through the stars overhead. And now, to realize there was another family living in the wilderness of Siberia doing the same thing we were, watching the same satellite passing overhead; it gives me chills!

Edited by simplybill

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/For-40-Years-This-Russian-Family-Was-Cut-Off-From-Human-Contact-Unaware-of-World-War-II-188843001.html

The Siberian taiga in the Abakan district. Six members of the Lykov family lived in this remote wilderness for more than 40 years—utterly isolated and more than 150 miles from the nearest human settlement.