Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tenessee "teachers to inform on gay students"

Sir Wearer of Hats

Not all the world is enlightened, however everyone thinks they are.

You've been visiting the UFO section, I see.

• Like 1

No, but I do have gay and lesbian friends whom have confided in me. The sad truth is what I see IS identified, it's the age old problem of not being able to accept a different way of life or different lifestyle. Hell, gay people, bi people, switch hitters and such are all around us. I dare say that some of us here are gay or bi or maybe we did some experimenting because we had some sexual confusion. Mind you, there is nothing wrong with that, sometimes it takes time to figure this **** out. I was lucky as hell and didn't even realize it at the time. I was straight, never had any confusion about being straight...........and yet I have always been a bit curious about the whole gay thing. And no, I am not afraid to say so. That doesn't mean I jumped the fence, but I have always had a bit of a curiosity about it.

So no emails from any guys here asking me out, the answer is, "No! You're not my type."

• Like 1

And reporting this is going to do what now?..smh

Let kids be kids and let them deal with their personal life on their own,if they really need somebody to know parents would be first,not teachers this might cause more problems at school for them,who knows. This is just a bad idea in my opinion.

I have to agree, just dealing with what society calls "normal" can be tough enough without all the extra dynamic of being gay in a pretty much straight world. I recall talking with a couple of my gay high school friends and it struck me that I should have seen the pain they were in and yet I had no clue about it at the time. I didn't know it at the time but I prevented a gay classmate from committing suicide, it wasn't until we were at our ten year class reunion that he opened up to me and told me what happened. I can tell you it sent a chill up and down my spine because I recalled I very nearly didn't say anything to him and had I not spoken to him at that particular moment, I'd never have been able to because he was leaving to kill himself at that point in time. I'm not the religious type, but in this case I truly feel the hand of God or Guardian Angel or whatever you want to call it intervened and pushed me into saying something, the very something that saved his life.

......and at the time I had no more a clue how important a simple kind exchange of words was when it happened, but if it hadn't he would not be my very much alive friend today. he and his partner have been together now some twenty-three years, not a bad run all things considered.

Let kids be kids and let them deal with their personal life on their own,if they really need somebody to know parents would be first,not teachers this might cause more problems at school for them,who knows. This is just a bad idea in my opinion.

Unfortunately it is not so black and white. It is not always best to let kids "deal with their personal lives on their own". Parents need to be involved in their childrens lives. Just allot of gray area here.