Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supernatural transport

UM-Bot

Rudy Martin: This true story occurred sometime in 1970. In retrospect, it is as accurate as it can be. There are not enough words for me to prove the truth of this story. I can only wish you had been there with me, but read on and discover the most unbelievable way of travelling from point A to point B!

I drove out to work one day. It was one of those usual clear, sunny mornings and everything was normal except traffic. Within minutes, I ran into a hardly moving, bumper-to-bumper jam after crossing the bridge. Losing patience and in attempt to outsmart this queue, I turned left, thinking I could loop back ahead somewhere. A few turns and I knew I was beginning to get lost. The river to my left was the only landmark I had and I was sure it was the North side, so I knew I was headed East. A few more turns and not a thing was familiar anymore. I was completely lost. I drove past a horse race track, a well-known international bath and laundry products manufacturing plant and a fenced power transformer station. These were the last landmarks that registered in my memory.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article
  • Like 2

This is a good story ..... thanks for posting it. I have two 'paranormal' experiences involving cars. The first one happened when my son was very small(early 1980's) and we lived in a rural area. I was pushing him in his pram along a quiet country road, in a very thick fog. There were no sounds. Suddenly I became aware of something a little behind me and to my right. I turned my head and there was a big, very old-fashioned car(1920's?), gliding along making absolutely no sound whatsoever! The interior was shadowy and I couldn't see a driver. It just glided past and disappeared into the fog! My mind was zinging back and forth between 'did that really just happen?' and 'that couldn't possibly have just happened!'.

The second experience is slightly similar to yours: I had been on a long journey to visit someone(my son was with me, aged about 8 or 9), and was returning the same day. I was only a little way into the return journey when I realised that there was no way I had enough petrol to get me home. I had no money on me and no way of obtaining any. I hadn't even got money to phone someone(this was before cell phones!) ..... although even if I had, I don't know what my friends or relatives could have done to help as I was so far from home. So there I was, driving through remote countryside, the light fading by the minute, and I simply could not come up with a solution. I was just driving and hoping. After about 20mns, I suddenly realised that a massive chunk of the route had just disappeared! We weren't very far from home! It didn't half give me a shock. I tried to think back over the places I should have driven through, but couldn't remember them. We reached home safely.

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 1

Loved all the stories. Although I found it a bit annoying that the OP didn't mention an attempt at identifying the right cardinal direction based on the direction of the Sun, which should be towards the east on a "usual sunny morning".

• 3 weeks later...

I am certainly no one to say anything is impossible. There's a very long explanation for what "might" have happened, and it's buried in my book: http://www.amazon.com/Life-Skeptics-Afterlife-Education-ebook/dp/B009NH5SWQ/ref=sr_1_14?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1349754645&sr=1-14&keywords=John+Weiss

Just an observation. I have had situations where I cannot recall driving a significant distance while either driving to or from work. I lived about 13 miles from work and drove the route for 6 years. Obviously I followed the traffic laws and didn't run anyone over, never got a ticket or in an accident (well I did get hit by a full sized pick up truck while driving my 150 cc scooter to work. I stopped for a school bus and the truck behind me didn't but that day I do recall driving the distance until I was hit :) )

Just an idea. When that happen it was very odd as well but I recall there was a study on that sort of thing and it was due to the familiarity of everything. Not the same but sort of. JMO.

Just an observation. I have had situations where I cannot recall driving a significant distance while either driving to or from work. I lived about 13 miles from work and drove the route for 6 years. Obviously I followed the traffic laws and didn't run anyone over, never got a ticket or in an accident (well I did get hit by a full sized pick up truck while driving my 150 cc scooter to work. I stopped for a school bus and the truck behind me didn't but that day I do recall driving the distance until I was hit :) )

Just an idea. When that happen it was very odd as well but I recall there was a study on that sort of thing and it was due to the familiarity of everything. Not the same but sort of. JMO.

Yes, I can understand that, but it was not the case with the journey I took ..... It was the first time I had ever done it.

• 1 month later...
The river to my left was the only landmark I had and I was sure it was the North side, so I knew I was headed East.

To head East with the North side of a river on your left, you need to be reversing.

• 3 months later...

i've always thought when things like that happen to me, i wasn't paying attention. But i'm glad i'm not the only one it happens to lol

Maybe your brain or instinct goes into auto-mode when you drive the same route for a number of years,you get to know where every pothole is,every bump,when to slow down,and which corner is most dangerous,where you were likely to skid in winter.where you could overtake safely.So you drive automatically,it just happens.