Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A hooked marlin sinks a fishing boat

Still Waters

hmmm guess this was the typical: Baiting more than you can chew....

• Like 1

I swear in the second picture the Marlin is pulling a troll face. lol

Never give up, never give in!

I'm pleased that the boat sank. I hope he didn't have good insurance. I wish boats got pulled into the sea every time a shark or any other large fish gets hooked regardless of what happened to the fishermen on board. If fishing and habitat destruction didn't make sense to humans economically maybe tuna, sharks, whales, dolphins, turtles and all the rest wouldn't be in danger of extinction. And I know, someone's going to come with some static numbers from some bureau to find exception.. I don't care, because sharks can't withstand the massive slaughter they're being put through year after year just to raise just one example. Until someone invents a shark farm and raises them like pigs and chickens, they should keep their pointy hooks to themselves. Extremists' boats like the one above should be sunk on purpose in the right places to create artificial reefs to replace the ones that we're callously forcing into extinction. Not to say a word about the environmental hazard to the ocean this sinking boat caused from the toxic chemicals on board that are now in the water. Of all the environmentalist issues available to choose from, it's fishermen who are the worst radicals in the world; of course nearly everybody will scoff at that statement because next to nobody has enough respect for the ecosystem that's in the most danger of all, our oceans.

It'd be justice to throw long-line fishermen overboard into the sea and then throw them a fishing line with a hook on it, literally. If they luckily escape one of the slowest and most traumatic deaths imaginable they'll see their own true reflections in the mirror. Oh I know, they're "just fish".

• Like 1