Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secret "batplane" filmed

Jacques Terreur

I was looking at the video and stopping it every split second, looks like it was cgi added onto a vid of cloudy sky.

Yes, it might be, but how do you know for sure?

Did you do it?

Did you analyse it? If so, please give some details, rather than a simple handwave.

Did you? If you demand such of another you can be expected to have the same demanded of you.

Did you? If you demand such of another you can be expected to have the same demanded of you.

??

Yes, IF if I had made the claim that I knew for sure it was CGI, as s/he did. But I never made that claim - in fact if you check, my first impression was of it simply being an RC model.

??

Yes, IF if I had made the claim that I knew for sure it was CGI, as s/he did. But I never made that claim - in fact if you check, my first impression was of it simply being an RC model.

And I don't believe it's even that but rather an assembly of plastic airplane parts or a CGI model. But it's just that, a belief based on observation and a rather reasonable understanding that even models have to obey the dynamics of flight. Someone did a stop frame (unfortunately not a frame-by-frame) and indicated that there were bare sky frames between those of the whatzit. That suggests even more strongly that it's CGI.

Who says every US Air Force plane has to be stealthy?

And if you think the AF wouldn't do something like this, your ignorant.... Don't you think the profile looks similar to a Eurofighter Typhoon? Maybe the AF is trying to use the F-18 as a base model for our own Typhoon.

The RC noise doesn't surprise me. The helicopters that were used in the Bin-Laden raid were described to be just as quiet, so....

Who says every US Air Force plane has to be stealthy?

Since I see C-5As and C-17s every day, I'm reasonably sure they aren't.

And if you think the AF wouldn't do something like this, your ignorant....

And I'm calling that an ad hominem. You really need to reconsider your words.

Don't you think the profile looks similar to a Eurofighter Typhoon?

Not in the slightest. Please inform us of how you arrived at the conclusion that it does.

Maybe the AF is trying to use the F-18 as a base model for our own Typhoon.

Now there's an F-18 included? Where? How?

The RC noise doesn't surprise me. The helicopters that were used in the Bin-Laden raid were described to be just as quiet, so....

So what? That's not a valid comparison. "Stealth" doesn't translate to quiet. It has to do with radar return. The several stealthy birds I've seen (F-117 occasionally although not for a while, B-2 a couple times, F-22 daily) have been noisy as anything but, as someone once pointed out, once you can hear them it's too late anyway.

Getting back on point, how do you explain "RC sound" versus real live aircraft engines? There is no comparison.

And meanwhile ! Bat man & Robin flipped off the Mufon Guys and blasted back to the Bat cave !

• Like 2

Since I see C-5As and C-17s every day, I'm reasonably sure they aren't.

And I'm calling that an ad hominem. You really need to reconsider your words.

Not in the slightest. Please inform us of how you arrived at the conclusion that it does.

Now there's an F-18 included? Where? How?

So what? That's not a valid comparison. "Stealth" doesn't translate to quiet. It has to do with radar return. The several stealthy birds I've seen (F-117 occasionally although not for a while, B-2 a couple times, F-22 daily) have been noisy as anything but, as someone once pointed out, once you can hear them it's too late anyway.

Getting back on point, how do you explain "RC sound" versus real live aircraft engines? There is no comparison.

Exactly. Maybe their getting away from stealth.

If you squint hard enough, the profile looks similar to a Typhoon. It's like they just cut out a section in the wing.

The fuselage is a F-18 fuselage. Look at the twin engines and nose.

I didn't say they are trying to make a stealth airplane. Maybe they are exparimenting with silent engines. You never know.

I didn't say they are trying to make a stealth airplane. Maybe they are exparimenting with silent engines. You never know.

So they admire the Typhoon so much that they decided to modify an F-18 to make one look like one, sort of, ish? Only with silent engines? Gliders? Blimps? Anti-gravity?

Anyway, I reckon there's just as much F-5 to it; and also perhaps, as I suggested earlier, an Incom T-65 ...

T65_zps062a1b48.jpg

• Like 1

I think it also owes some design features to this classic:

angel1.jpg

(I wonder how many are nerdy (and old) enough to recognise that one..)

• Like 2

Guilty as charged on both counts...

Somewhere I have a book with Gerry Anderson pre-production artwork where the CS interceptors were very different, and not unlike the much later real-world Have Blue and eventual F-117 stealth aircraft.

angel1.jpg

*raising hand* ... *sigh*

Of course, as we all know Anderson, Lucas, Spielberg et al had close ties with the US & other governments (wisely bypassing the UN entirely) and were actually attempting to ease the international community into the idea of alien craft and aliens in general as being benevolent. Groom Lake (aka: Area 51) is, of course, a central gathering point with Wright Patterson AFB in the US and bases owned by other government throughout the rest of the world used for local and transient bases.

Since the aliens don't subscribe to any earthly creed if any at all, there have been a few problems here and there but they've been cleared up with a minimum of bloodshed. Or, in one case, icky bluish-greenish stuff-shed. On the other hand, we as a species both amuse and mystify them, not totally unexpected if one thinks about it a bit.

Anyway, getting back to the topic at hand, all of the aforementioned gentlemen had some access to the assortment of vehicles that the aliens used so they could be somewhat realistically rendered in their projects. Spielberg kinda went overboard with CE3K even though he was working with government supplied documentation. He was later able to tame his ambitions with ET. Kind of. Anderson's Falcon, as shown above, and Lucas' X-wing shown in another previous post are but two of the craft designed after existing alien craft at Groom Lake and its former Soviet counterpart in the Ural Mountains. That facility was closed due to the Russian economy simply not being able to continue supporting it. The fate of the craft based there is yet unknown.

Hmmm ... not too shabby for off the top of my head with too little caffeine in my system ...

• Like 2

Now that the secret's out.. Here's the page by Keith McNeill from which that image came - some of the imagery isn't quite up to the high standard of that one, but it's worth a look if the words Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and Spectrum mean anything to you.. Warning - *Lots* of similar imagery of the Andersons' models there, may bring back memories and also make you feel rather dated when you think how long ago that all was..

• Like 1

Warning - *Lots* of similar imagery of the Andersons' models there, may bring back memories and also make you feel rather dated when you think how long ago that all was..

Dated? Try antediluvian! :cry:

After flying test flights in this area for over 60 years would the USAF really schedule a test flight of a top secret aircraft during daylight hours over a cabin that they must quite obviously know is there.

If you had shown me that video without telling me it was a secret plane I would have thought it was a model. It looks and sounds like one. That is exactly what it is. Someone has got clever with an F18 model.

They have done it for years. The Sr 71 came out of groom Lake. I hate to someone is going to see it fly when they test it now that everyone has a camera now it will show up.

Military (or some other agency) aircraft are designed and built to satisfy a need. The SR-71 fulfilled a need that no longer exists. The U-2 fulfilled a need when it was made and still does although its mission has since changed. Matching or surpassing either's capabilities is not part of the picture now that alternate means, at least for the SR-71, have come into play.

The situation around Groom Lake has changed a lot since the SR-71 was made. When it started flying, no one particularly cared about it. Now people are headed that way because they believe the whole "aliens are based at Area 51" thing and head off to witness for themselves. Considering the usual body count on hand, it's odd that none of them reported this whatzit while someone supposedly 60 miles away did. Very odd indeed.

And this is post 750 so I get another star. How cool is that? :su

I can't believe this ridiculous video made 7 pages..

Why not? There's a thread about ancient alien rocks that is 467 pages long.

• Like 4

Congrats Kludge 808 ! :tu:

Tanks, eh, brah ... two more and I'm at the magic 1000 where I can choose my own "title" or whatever it's called. Bwaaahahaha

• Like 2

Tanks, eh, brah ... two more and I'm at the magic 1000 where I can choose my own "title" or whatever it's called. Bwaaahahaha

Just wait until you see what you earn when you get to 100,000 post ~ Its an Invite to a Place way out in the Sedona Canyons very quite and peacful,no one to ever bother you again! THey sit around in the Vortex`s and smoke the local brands of Catus and such. I`ll Provide the B.B.Q to keep us all Healthy !

Cheers ! :tu:

justDONTEATUS :alien:

• Like 2

After flying test flights in this area for over 60 years would the USAF really schedule a test flight of a top secret aircraft during daylight hours over a cabin that they must quite obviously know is there.

If you had shown me that video without telling me it was a secret plane I would have thought it was a model. It looks and sounds like one. That is exactly what it is. Someone has got clever with an F18 model.

Besides, just look at it, the aerodynamics are just awful, if that thing fulfills a need, I'd be curious to know which one. I mean the energy expenditure alone to get it to fly must be enormous.

My mom told me batman wasnt real. Its explanation time.

Batman's real. It's us who are imaginary.