Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secret "batplane" filmed

Jacques Terreur

Well, it wasn't launched, wasn't 'energy' (it looked just like that pic), certainly flew from a standstill position, was fast enough to break the sound barrier but didn't, and was the size of a mini-van. So, I guess the only question is what it was and what kind of propulsion it used.

Rockets such as those launched at Cape Canaveral don't fly by definition. Instead they are lifted by pure directed thrust from gimbal-mounted engines underneath, the direction of which is fine tuned to control the direction of travel. Balloons don't fly by definition but rather are lifted due to a lighter/lower density mass inside than outside making them lighter than air. Controlling that mass, as with hot air balloons, allows some altitude control but direction is entirely up to the wind.

What the object you witnessed did wasn't flight by definition but rather it was propelled by some directed means to accomplish what it did. As to what it was and how it accomplished what it did, the only answer I can offer is "unknown."

What we seem to be arguing about is flight, in aerodyanmic terms, vis-a-vis being able to counteract gravity. It would sugegst very firmly that your sighting, if it was an artificial object, could seem to do the latter. The only man-made object that might be likely to hover silently would be a Balloon, but Balloons can rarely do the other things that it did. Therefore that would seem to have to be some pretty exotic technology.

• Like 1

For something to move that fast and the way it did, I'd say yes, something that counteracts gravity. It left no trail, no sign anything had been hovering or had ever flown by. Weird stuff.

Edited by Sweetpumper

What we seem to be arguing about is flight, in aerodyanmic terms,vis-a-vis being able to counteract gravity.

Gravity can be counteracted by lift which is flight by definition or by other means.

In aerodynamics, there are precisely four forces working on an airplane in two opposing pairs. Pair one is lift and gravity. Pair two is thrust and drag. For straight and level flight, each pair has to be in balance. Change any one of them and the airplane will take on a different attitude. It can get a little complicated due to the vectors involved when not in straight and level flight but not a whole lot. Well, not if you have a handle on vector math. :D

It would sugegst very firmly that your sighting, if it was an artificial object, could seem to do the latter. The only man-made object that might be likely to hover silently would be a Balloon, but Balloons can rarely do the other things that it did. Therefore that would seem to have to be some pretty exotic technology.

It is "by other means" to be sure. What those means are remains unknown.

Does the president or any president know what's going on at area 51,and why it's never mentioned

Does the president or any president know what's going on at area 51,and why it's never mentioned

Presidents usually don't go public about Top Secrets sites.

I'd suggest you google "area 51 bill clinton".. :D

Right ! Brother Bill ,I did not Have Sexual relations with that Alien ! :tu:

For something to move that fast and the way it did, I'd say yes, something that counteracts gravity. It left no trail, no sign anything had been hovering or had ever flown by. Weird stuff.

Well if it did have propulsion and did exactly what you say, then one can suppose that it had propulsion of some kind. I do have another question, what size do you estimate it was?

First things first. Is the current president even aware of the real world? For that matter, has any president ever been aware of it?

First things first. Is the current president even aware of the real world? For that matter, has any president ever been aware of it?

I doubt that any politician anywhere has any real connection with the real world.

• Like 1

I doubt that any politician anywhere has any real connection with the real world.

ROFLMAO!

I can't believe this reached 10 pages.

Why not? Some of the least expected threads reach unbelievable lengths for any number of reasons. In this case, it seems to have taken an interesting turn or two which just makes it more interesting.

Well, of course, if Governments are changed over every few years, no President or pry Minister is ever going to be in office long enough for them to be let in on ongoing long-term projects, are they. Plus, of course, Politicians nearly always know very little about anything at all apart from how to get on in the world of Politics, so they probably wouldn't understand if they were let in on secret military projects or intelligence operations, and, given how stupid they mostly are, they really couldn't be trusted to keep it secret, could they? I'm sure that a President or pry Minister would have nowhere near any kind of top Secret security clearance.. Naturally, all the real work would be done by those secret cabals behind the scenes.

• Like 2

Well, of course, if Governments are changed over every few years, no President or pry Minister is ever going to be in office long enough for them to be let in on ongoing long-term projects, are they. Plus, of course, Politicians nearly always know very little about anything at all apart from how to get on in the world of Politics, so they probably wouldn't understand if they were let in on secret military projects or intelligence operations, and, given how stupid they mostly are, they really couldn't be trusted to keep it secret, could they? I'm sure that a President or pry Minister would have nowhere near any kind of top Secret security clearance.. Naturally, all the real work would be done by those secret cabals behind the scenes.

I think we are in agreement there. The real politics are done by the big money companies, this buys them a few politicians and so on. simplifie'd but rather the case I would say.

I would only site one exception and that's Vladimir Putin, he was part of the secret when he was younger.

I think we are in agreement there. The real politics are done by the big money companies, this buys them a few politicians and so on. simplifie'd but rather the case I would say.

I would only site one exception and that's Vladimir Putin, he was part of the secret when he was younger.

G. Bush (sr.) was head of the CIA at one time too, don't forget; in fact, in a lot of ways I think he was probably the last President with any 'hands-on' experience outside the world of politics (he was also a pilot in the War.)

G. Bush (sr.) was head of the CIA at one time too, don't forget; in fact, in a lot of ways I think he was probably the last President with any 'hands-on' experience outside the world of politics (he was also a pilot in the War.)

Yep you're right, forgot about him. OK that makes two of them then. Still precious few.

• 3 weeks later...

Trust me, governments (most western ones at least) really don't know or care all that much about what the military gets up to in their day to day working. They leave it to people "below" them to run things. They don't care about experiments like the one in the picture until it's finished and working.

Edited by Finity

Trust me, governments (most western ones at least) really don't know or care all that much about what the military gets up to in their day to day working. They leave it to people "below" them to run things. They don't care about experiments like the one in the picture until it's finished and working.

Which it won't be, because it's not.